Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Coaching carousel megathread

vCash
    You would think if Kiffin was at the Conerly presentation one of the local news stations would have interviewed him. I've seen Leach's interview from last night but nothing from Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    I'm not shitting you. Everyone I've talked to or read reports from say he wasn't there. Weird that no Mississippi papers would report that right??????? They sure liked to put Mullen out there for every job. What a bunch of pussies.
    I read on the TSUN 247 site, a fan asked David Johnson about this, and where was Lane. David sidestepped it by diverting into a little rant about how the Conorly presentation invites a player from every small college that does not have a chance etc. Basically avoided it.
    I saw Bryan on twitter (is he on here?) retweeted Lane showing he landed at the Jackson airport, and then did not show up.
    David Johnson had said yesterday Lane and coaches were going to visit Trevion Williams, and then this morning he had to revise it and say Lane was not going and it would just be Nix.
    Late last night Lane offered several 2024 recruits from the Miami/South Florida area.

All of that is just odd.

vCash
    And what the hell is up with all these ole miss guys hitting the portal over the last 24-48 hours? I think 4 have hit the portal so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I read on the TSUN 247 site, a fan asked David Johnson about this, and where was Lane. David sidestepped it by diverting into a little rant about how the Conorly presentation invites a player from every small college that does not have a chance etc. Basically avoided it.
    I saw Bryan on twitter (is he on here?) retweeted Lane showing he landed at the Jackson airport, and then did not show up.
    David Johnson had said yesterday Lane and coaches were going to visit Trevion Williams, and then this morning he had to revise it and say Lane was not going and it would just be Nix.
    Late last night Lane offered several 2024 recruits from the Miami/South Florida area.

All of that is just odd.
    He flew from Oxford to Jackson? For such a short trip, isn't that a bit extreme and expensive?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathiston View Post
    Not happening. It will be Fickle.
    Told ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And what the hell is up with all these ole miss guys hitting the portal over the last 24-48 hours? I think 4 have hit the portal so far.
    They're gonna take a shit ton from the portal too. It's their only way to have a chance to be competitive next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post

All of that is just odd.
    They've had 8 players enter the portal! Rats jumping off a sinking ship?
    Last edited by Tripp McNeely; 12-01-2021 at 10:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Told ya.
    Always keep the receipts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    They've had 8 players enter the portal! Rats jumping off a sinking ship?
    Those guys weren't getting any PT and should all go look in the sunbelt

vCash
    Per Twitter:

Steve Addazio has been fired as head coach at Colorado State.

Add another chair to the carousel.

vCash
    I'm still waiting for the Miami/Diaz announcement? is it going to happen?

vCash
    Not sure now. Really quiet in Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Extendedcab View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Miami/Diaz announcement? is it going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Not sure now. Really quiet in Miami.
    But no word on Manny keeping his job. It's real simple. Other coaches have been told they're safe, raises, extensions. Not Manny.

I think they are waiting on Cristabol to wrap up the PAC12 first. He has been very quiet.

vCash
    Miami is going to hire an AD before they hire a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    Miami is going to hire an AD before they hire a coach.
    Something's going on. The AD search has gone off the grid. There are no new articles on the search.

vCash
    Something's going on. The AD search has gone off the grid. There are no new articles on the search.
    Makes you wonder if they know who the new AD is and they're discussing the potential new coach. Maybe announce both the same day.

vCash
    Kiffin will sign the extension, I can just feel it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Makes you wonder if they know who the new AD is and they're discussing the potential new coach. Maybe announce both the same day.
    I kinda wonder if the new AD is Kiffin's buddy from FAU. He wants Kiffin, period. But, there's a group of big boosters that want to at least give Cristabol a chance to say yes or no. They are at an impasse at the moment.

Just really odd stuff going on. You'd think if the final couple of AD candidates were okay w/ keeping Manny it would out in the public that he's safe.

vCash
    I guess they're going to wait on the new AD and let him make the call on Manny. Don't know, I'm just shootin from the hip.

vCash
    Brett McMurphy:

The Miami AD search is officially a cluster****.

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/s...485660161?s=21