Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thamel reporting Brian Kelly to LSU

vCash

Thamel reporting Brian Kelly to LSU

Announcement as early as tomorrow

I think that's an awful hire but time will tell.

vCash
    I would welcome him to the SEC. They are better off keeping O and spend that money on top notch DC and OC.

vCash
    I disagree. I think LSU did very well.

vCash
    Heard the same from my sauce....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Mullen to ND?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Mullen to ND?
    As OC under HC Urban Meyer.

vCash
    For Kelly, interest in LSU could simply be an opportunity to push Notre Dame administration to commit to facility upgrades, spend more money toward staff hires and/or extend his contract.

Asked last week whether he would have any interest in other jobs, Kelly gave a strong denial.

"I mean, look, I think Mike Tomlin had the best line, right?" Unless that fairy godmother comes by with that $250 million check, my wife would want to take a look at it first. I'd have to run it by her," said Kelly.

LSU reached out to Kelly early in its process with Kelly turning down the Tigers, according to The Athletic, which first reported LSU targeting Kelly on Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Mullen to ND?
    He wishes.

vCash
    Brian Kelly about to screw Cincinnati yet again. If Kelly goes to LSU then Fickell is as good as gone to ND

vCash
    I think it will be interesting to see how he does.

Venables to Oklahoma?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I disagree. I think LSU did very well.
    Agreed

vCash
    I can’t remember another ND coach who left them for a better job. That’s a place you get fired from or quit.

It has academic and cultural restraints he wouldn’t have at LSU , but LSUs fan base is no less rabid and insane than NDs. It might be worse.

His schedule will sure as heck be worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I can’t remember another ND coach who left them for a better job. That’s a place you get fired from or quit.

It has academic and cultural restraints he wouldn’t have at LSU , but LSUs fan base is no less rabid and insane than NDs. It might be worse.

His schedule will sure as heck be worse.
    Absolutely it will. His team talent is gonna be way higher though

vCash
    So who does kelly go get as a qb?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Announcement as early as tomorrow

I think that's an awful hire but time will tell.
    Why would that be an awful hire? I hate it for us, that's a home run for LSU. Dude has won everywhere he's been, and has done so in places that aren't necessarily easy to recruit, and have strict academic restrictions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    Why would that be an awful hire? I hate it for us, that's a home run for LSU. Dude has won everywhere he's been, and has done so in places that aren't necessarily easy to recruit, and have strict academic restrictions
    I don't think he's a particularly great coach at a traditionally big time university.

He's benefitted from not being in a decent conference and having his bigger rivals be very sub par during his time. Stanford, USC, And every time he's faced a quality SEC opponent he's gotten smoked.

This year, they beat a bad FSU team by 3 points in OT, beat Akron by 3 points, and beat Va Tech by 3 points. They've gotten better, but I think they've recruited better talent and that this heavy ACC schedule they are playing has allowed them to look good playing weak teams.

I'm not convinced he can go to LSU and play SEC teams with SEC talent week in and week out and compete for a national title, which will be the expectation at LSU.

vCash
    I don't think that's a good hire at all. I guess time will tell.

vCash
    Good Coach but he is going to Red Stick and he ain't beating Bama. Doesn't scare me. I'm sure he was way down there list and the Corn Dogs needed a name Coach hire. Btw, ND plays a soft schedule compared to Lsu and the west conference so it will test him big time.

vCash
    Just bc he was good at ND does not correlate to him being good at LSU. But, we know a nutless, retarded monkey could coach LSU to 7 or 8 wins a year.

vCash
    Kelly liked a running q b at Cincy I believe, I think the ND fan base wanted a traditional offense. Now that he’s at LSU I’ll bet he goes back to a running q b.