Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Switzer lobbying for Mike Leach to be new coach at Oklahoma......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    So if OU hires Lebby as OC and Miami opens up for Kiffin what would Lebby do if Ole Miss offers him HC?
    He's take it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Switzer is a senile old bastard
    He showed he is an idiot. MSU a cellar program and Leach has us contending for a bowl. He don't realize we are like one of 3 SEC teams to go to 10,11 whatever it is now straight bowls?

Mike Leach didn't make MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    our Mstate branding has worked well I see.
    Sneaky best post of this thread.👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Sneaky best post of this thread.����
    Yeah, but it doesn't really matter what we do. We are the worst thing ever, or we're the Mississippi Bulldogs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    He showed he is an idiot. MSU a cellar program and Leach has us contending for a bowl. He don't realize we are like one of 3 SEC teams to go to 10,11 whatever it is now straight bowls?

Mike Leach didn't make MSU.
    Yep 12 straight years and one of only 4 sec teams. Bama, Uga, am and is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Switzer is a senile old bastard
    I never liked Switzer since he beat us out of Marcus Dupree by paying him to go to Oklahoma. Of course I also blamed Dupree, since he lived in Philadelphia and his Mom and disabled brother could have come to see him play at State. Dupree was one of the best RB's Mississippi has ever produced. He had the potential to be as good or better than Walter Payton.
    Last edited by NCDawg; 11-29-2021 at 11:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    I never like Switzer since he beat us out of Marcus Dupree by paying him to go to Oklahoma. Of course I also blamed Dupree, since he lived in Philadelphia and his Mom and disabled brother come have come to see him play at State. Dupree was one of the best RB's Mississippi has ever produced. He had the potential to be as good or better than Walter Payton.
    There was a nice "reverend" involved in his recruitment. Like always.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    There was a nice "reverend" involved in his recruitment. Like always.
    Yep I know exactly of whom you speak. Not a nice guy.

vCash
    I never like Switzer since he beat us out of Marcus Dupree by paying him to go to Oklahoma. Of course I also blamed Dupree, since he lived in Philadelphia and his Mom and disabled brother come have come to see him play at State. Dupree was one of the best RB's Mississippi has ever produced. He had the potential to be as good or better than Walter Payton.
    I saw a Documentary on Dupree, weird how he never became a great back in the nfl.

Payton is my all time favorite player, I watched damm nearly every game he ever played for the Bears and some in person at Soldiers Field.

I don’t think there was ever a tougher guy to play in the nfl or anyone with that big of heart. He’d bring a dimension today nobody has. You never see a RB today put his head down about two feet off the ground and just punish the defender. Hard to believe the guy was only 202 pounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I saw a Documentary on Dupree, weird how he never became a great back in the nfl.
    I think injuries and attitude had a lot to do with that, if I remember right.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    I think injuries and attitude had a lot to do with that, if I remember right.
    Yeah he absolutely shredded his knee
    playing in the usfl. Never the same after

vCash
    He tried to avoid the rule about waiting til his Jr yr to be drafted in the NFL, so he went USFL. He was so terribly manipulated by people he trusted for their gain, not his. Best there never was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    He tried to avoid the rule about waiting til his Jr yr to be drafted in the NFL, so he went USFL. He was so terribly manipulated by people he trusted for their gain, not his. Best there never was.
    This, unfortunately. He was so used by his handlers. Sad.

vCash
    I never liked Switzer since he beat us out of Marcus Dupree by paying him to go to Oklahoma. Of course I also blamed Dupree, since he lived in Philadelphia and his Mom and disabled brother could have come to see him play at State. Dupree was one of the best RB's Mississippi has ever produced. He had the potential to be as good or better than Walter Payton.
    I saw Dupree and his buddies the day after Switzer gave him a Mercedes or a BMW I can't remember exactly after all these years. He was in Starkville on a recruiting trip to state. I was like really and he said you Gotta do what you Gotta do man. I knew him previously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lincoln Riley was an OC
    Bob Stoops was a DC, their last 3 HC hires was coordinators and other than Schnellenberger for a year, all of their HC were coordinators prior, including Switzer.

vCash
    He is not one of the best, he is THE best HS RB this State has ever produced!
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    He is not one of the best, he is THE best HS RB this State has ever produced!
    Walter Payton might argue

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Mullen: ?Hey, guys. You miss me? I swear I won?t whore myself out every Egg Bowl and I?ll even recruit better. C?mon, what do you say??
    LMAO. Well played.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Walter Payton might argue
    So would Rick Cleveland. Great piece Rick wrote on Payton. Sweetness arguably best all around player EVAH was my take after reading it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This, unfortunately. He was so used by his handlers. Sad.
    This is my plea for student athletes getting a degree in something other than underwater basket weaving. If not, they are more apt to get abused by the ones they trust! This is a prime example.