Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tweet: Lincoln Riley Didn't Want OK In The SEC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Dabo has an elite program and still would have his championship opportunities probably cut in half if he joined the SEC. Oklahoma is not quite elite and will go from being in the playoff discussion almost every year to it being the exception. I don't think Riley is a p**** for recognizing that OU fans are going to have expectations that are not realistically attainable with OU being in the SEC.
    When is the last time a pac12 team was in the playoffs? Oklahoma woulda had a tougher path for sure, but they'd also get players they couldn't before bc that SEC patch on the helmet

vCash
    Give me a break. Elite coaches aren't afraid of competition. They thrive on it to build their egos. If they're afraid of competition, then they wash up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Dabo has an elite program. Why would he leave? Do you think he'd bolt if Clemson joined the sec? I think not
    You are missing my point. Clemson wasn't always an elite program. Spurrier shoved it in his face for years.

He stayed at Clemson and benefited from not playing in the SEC. He didn't leave for jobs in the SEC because he knew he had an easier path to the playoffs in the ACC. Hell for years, he couldn't beat SC. The reason he was able to make the playoffs was because he signed Watson and didn't have to play top 15 teams every other weekend.

Why would you want to volunteer to play in the SEC West right now. I mean LSU is a 6-6 team. A&M is an 8-4 team. These are talented programs with recruiting bases and tons of money.

If my life is on the line and I can fight one guy, or I can fight 5 guys at once. I'm not a ***** for choosing to fight one guy. It shows I'm rational.

vCash
    We'll see about Riley. I think that mindset is a weak one. Riley didn't run Oklahoma off the rails, but he didn't elevate the program... he just maintained what stoops built. Lincoln will have to build now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Give me a break. Elite coaches aren't afraid of competition. They thrive on it to build their egos. If they're afraid of competition, then they wash up
    Yeah - thats why it is so easy for Vanderbilt to hire great coaches.

Dan Mullen is a good football coach. He just got fired for going 34-15. Jimbo is making almost 10 million and he is 34-14.

You know make good coaches? Very smart people. Coach O is a moron. Les Miles is a moron. Lincoln Riley just made a very smart move for his career. Who knows if it will pan out, but based on the early returns of how every CA kid that OU had committed is about to switch to USC, it would seem like it was a very smart move for him.

vCash
    We'll see about Riley. I think that mindset is a weak one. Riley didn't run Oklahoma off the rails, but he didn't elevate the program... he just maintained what stoops built. Lincoln will have to build now.
    If your goal is to live - and you had to fight 4 people or 1 person, why is it a weak mindset to choose to fight 4 people at once.

That simply isn't rational. Coach O would choose to fight 4 people.

A smart coach would fight 1 person, and try and figure out how to get the other 4 people to help him fight the one person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    If your goal is to live - and you had to fight 4 people or 1 person, why is it a weak mindset to choose to fight 4 people at once.

A smart coach would fight 1 person, and try and figure out how to get the other 4 people to help him fight the one person.
    You should recruit for us...

"Hey 4-star in Brookhaven, why go to state where it will hard to win when bama wants you? It's just smart bc it's the easier path to winning"

Thank God some kids still have a pair unlike Riley haha

vCash
    Lets not act like USCw isn't a destination job. They've sucked for 10 years but its still a premier brand and its in Los Angeles. Its just not going to resonate with your typical SEC fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Lets not act like USCw isn't a destination job. They've sucked for 10 years but its still a premier brand and its in Los Angeles. Its just not going to resonate with your typical SEC fan.
    There's absolutely potential, but they've done nothing since the early 2000s. They've won the pac12 1 time in the last 14 years.

I actually wish usc would rebound bc it's good for CFB, but I have a hard time pulling for a coach that's scared.

vCash

And Ed o has a natty. Why? Bc the talent is here (south). The best players wanna play in the best conference

vCash

"Hey 4-star in Brookhaven, why go to state where it will hard to win when bama wants you? It's just smart bc it's the easier path to winning"

How many recruiting battles have we won against Bama in the last 10 years? You think a winning strategy for our football team is to go head to head against Bama? We beat them for Simmons and who else? I'm genuinely trying to think of who else we beat them out for?

Now, if you are just trying to have a sound bite and not actually answer the question, then that is cool with me. Recruiting a kid to your school is way different than choosing a school to coach at. You do understand that, right? There are lots of ways to get kids to campus, but if you are a coach - its way easier to recruit at LSU and Bama than it is at the oxford and MSU. I mean, is that a point you are arguing?

Whatever Riley is doing, is working for USC since OU has lost about 5-6 four and five star commits in the last 24 hours, they are all leaving for USC apparently.

If you just want to call Riley a *****, I'm here for it, but you also have to admit that it is the smart move if he wants to win a national title. If you can't admit that, then you are just trolling. I guess since Bucky has disappeared, you are bored. lol

vCash
    And Ed o has a natty. Why? Bc the talent is here (south). The best players wanna play in the best conference
    Whoa, whoa, - Ed O has a natty because LSU has a great recruiting base and LSU can guarantee top 5 recruiting classes.

How is being in the best conference helping Vandy, Mizzou, SC, Us, the bears, Arkansas, TN in landing Five Star recruits?

Please tell me how many five stars these schools have ready to play for them, because they are in the SEC? I'll hang up and listen.

vCash
    2 days ago you said Riley was a "great hire" at LSU. Now it's a "we'll see" thing?

Did running over to USC totally change your mindset on him?

vCash
    Whoa, whoa, - Ed O has a natty because LSU has a great recruiting base and LSU can guarantee top 5 recruiting classes.

How is being in the best conference helping Vandy, Mizzou, SC, Us, the bears, Arkansas, TN in landing Five Star recruits?

Please tell me how many five stars these schools have ready to play for them, because they are in the SEC? I'll hang up and listen.
    Didn't realize vandy, mizzou, SC, us, OM, ark, and tenn were on Oklahoma's level? Cool

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    2 days ago you said Riley was a "great hire" at LSU. Now it's a "we'll see" thing?

Did running over to USC totally change your mindset on him?
    That mindset. I don't think great competitors have that mindset. Now I see why he wanted no part of the nfl, he doesn't want any part of equal competition

ETA... for all the hell ive given leach, at least he wasn't scared to go play with the big boys
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-29-2021 at 01:31 PM.

vCash

Les Miles is a moron. .
    Les Miles is not a moron. Les Miles refused to change his offense to modern times. While you can question how smart that is, it's a very common trait among veteran coaches.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash

The argument for that kid would be he could play right away though, right? Which would be less competition for playing time if you really think about it. It's a good opportunity to bring a previous college football power back to prominence. Maybe he's looking at it that way. You're not wrong in saying he's taking the easier path but I don't necessarily think it's a bad move haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplayslay View Post
    The argument for that kid would be he could play right away though, right? Which would be less competition for playing time if you really think about it. It's a good opportunity to bring a previous college football power back to prominence. Maybe he's looking at it that way. You're not wrong in saying he's taking the easier path but I don't necessarily think it's a bad move haha.
    My comment was in jest, but I coulda made it realistic by saying some of these fringe sec recruits could go to big10 and other conferences bc they have better shots at winning that middle of pack sec schools. For the most part though, they come to sec schools bc great competitors wanna compete against the best

vCash
    That mindset. I don't think great competitors have that mindset. Now I see why he wanted no part of the nfl, he doesn't want any part of equal competition

ETA... for all the hell ive given leach, at least he wasn't scared to go play with the big boys
    You do understand that you are basically calling out Saban? Saban has admitted that he left the NFL because he couldn't sign or draft more than one impact player a year. He said screw it, I'm going to a school that I can sign 10 first round picks every year.

So is Saban not a great competitor? Does he not have the right mindset? He chose an opportunity that allowed him an advantage over his current job, despite running away from the NFL. To go to a Bama program that was in shambles.

This should be an interesting response.

vCash
    You do understand that you are basically calling out Saban? Saban has admitted that he left the NFL because he couldn't sign or draft more than one impact player a year. He said screw it, I'm going to a school that I can sign 10 first round picks every year.

So is Saban not a great competitor? Does he not have the right mindset? He chose an opportunity that allowed him an advantage over his current job, despite running away from the NFL. To go to a Bama program that was in shambles.

This should be an interesting response.
    He left Miami bc the DA doctors at Miami failed brees in spite of him pushing for drew. In college, he makes all the decisions so his fate is in his hands.

As a saints fan, good job, dolphin doctors