Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, who gets Oklahoma and LSU?

vCash
    If Heupel does go to OU, does TN kick the tires on Mullen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Rocky Top II: The return of the Lane Train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
    Don't think so. It'd be a hit to their pride to have to hire a coach UF just fired.

I think Mullen is probably NFL bound, but Duke just opened up, and I could see him going there.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not good for us
    Ehh. They'll take a step back next year. How far will be determined by the portal. What should scare OM fans is he's basically punting on a half a HS class to go strictly portal. That's dangerous if you're building a program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I still maintain that if you take Corral and Lebby away, Kiffin becomes decent instead of good.

He's a good offensive mind and a decent recruiter, but he walked into a great situation with a 1st round QB and a fast, up and coming OC.

I want Lebby gone because if Kiffin ever does leave, that's who they'll promote.
    He won 10 games twice at FAU before he got to OM. And remember the talent was always there for corral, but kiffin actually got it out of him. I think they will be really good offensively as long as he's there. I prefer he leave

vCash
    I still maintain that if you take Corral and Lebby away, Kiffin becomes decent instead of good.

He's a good offensive mind and a decent recruiter, but he walked into a great situation with a 1st round QB and a fast, up and coming OC.

I want Lebby gone because if Kiffin ever does leave, that's who they'll promote.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Is Luke Fickel in the mix for LSU or Oklahoma (or Tennessee if Heupel heads to Oklahoma)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Ehh. They'll take a step back next year. How far will be determined by the portal. What should scare OM fans is he's basically punting on a half a HS class to go strictly portal. That's dangerous if you're building a program.
    Great post and dead on accurate

vCash
    He won 10 games twice at FAU before he got to OM. And remember the talent was always there for corral, but kiffin actually got it out of him. I think they will be really good offensively as long as he's there. I prefer he leave
    Oh, no doubt. Like I said, he's a good coach. I just don't think he consistently wins 9-10 games in the SEC unless he has a Matt Corral at QB every year. I want him on the first plane from Oxford to Miami though. It'd be funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Is Luke Fickel in the mix for LSU or Oklahoma (or Tennessee if Heupel heads to Oklahoma)?
    Already signed an extension with Cincy I believe.

vCash
    It certainly can backfire, but it could be an effective strategy now that transfers are out of control. Be interesting to follow

vCash
    Oh, no doubt. Like I said, he's a good coach. I just don't think he consistently wins 9-10 games in the SEC unless he has a Matt Corral at QB every year. I want him on the first plane from Oxford to Miami though. It'd be funny.
    OM and state aren't gonna find a guy capable of winning 9-10 consistently. What both of us should hope for is 7-8 consistently with a 10-win season every 4-5 years. The deck is stacked against us both

vCash
    OM and state aren't gonna find a guy capable of winning 9-10 consistently. What both of us should hope for is 7-8 consistently with a 10-win season every 4-5 years. The deck is stacked against us both
    You're correct. Not arguing that statement at all.

vCash
    He's never built a program in his career as a coach. Good offensive mind, but he's never won with his own players. We'll see if putting all your chips in the portal pays off.

vCash
    You nailed it right here. We split the talent in the state just about every year and neither of us recruit well enough nationally to make a difference.

Perfectly said.

vCash
    Bingo

He’s setting up to polish his resume then bolt

He’s a mercenary, this is why he’s not a good hire IMO.

vCash
    Exactly. Very risky but that?s how the guy does it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Bingo

He’s setting up to polish his resume then bolt

He’s a mercenary, this is why he’s not a good hire IMO.
    He kind of made an ass out of himself on the sidelines against us and after that with his cowbells comment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Kiffin has a 10-2 season and is still undesirable by most in the hunt for coaches. Lol
    Won?t be so funny if om pony?s up the money (Which I think they will), gets portal qb and then recruits for the second coming.......actually a horrible scenario for the DOGS.....

vCash
    Good luck finding a Matt Corrall in the portal. The q bs they are mentioning like the UVA q b or the UCF q b will be about a million times easier to defend.