Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riley to USC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I’ve seen cases where good coaches get old and just don’t have the energy or the fire. It’s tough to put in 18 hour days when you’re in your 60s with some health issues.
    Very true. Mack looked tired on the sidelines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Seems to be leaking
    Twitter guess by someone ..

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Jeff Lebby promoted at Ole Miss

Dan Mullen to Duke

These next few weeks are gonna be nuts.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Dan Mullen to Duke

Don to Duke would be hilarious. Had he taken his job seriously at state and stayed he could have likely had playoff appearances in 2014 and 2018. But the job shopping and leaving prevented that. Duke will never have a shot at the playoffs. Ole Danny Two Gloves must reap what he sowed.

vCash
    USC just officially tweeted Riley is their new head coach.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    All jokes aside it's a way nicer place than Gainesville
    Way nicer. But then Mullen would have to play against Saban and Kirby every single year.

vCash
    Venables has always seemed scared to be a HC or just doesn't have the desire

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Way nicer. But then Mullen would have to play against Saban and Kirby every single year.
    And add in Dabo!
    Last edited by parabrave; 11-28-2021 at 10:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

@AllynMcKeen:

Lincoln Riley to USC

Josh Heupel to OU

Matt Campbell to LSU

Lane Kiffin to Miami

Dan Mullen to Duke

Those are all pretty good. OU and LSU will probably interview Campbell. I don’t think Mullen takes the Duke job. Heupel probably gets interviewed at OU. if Miami offers Kiffin is gone IMO and reading their board I’d say Manny is done.

Ole Miss may as well hire Lebby as he and the DC do all of the coaching anyways.

vCash
    I think OU is going to be a dark horse. Good chance the current interim coach stays on for another year giving OU a little time to find a good coach or they hire his brother from KY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I think OU is going to be a dark horse. Good chance the current interim coach stays on for another year giving OU a little time to find a good coach or they hire his brother from KY.
    A name that people are forgetting that was at the top of everyone’s list a year or two ago.......PJ Fleck. He’s a very good coach similar to Campbell that someone will make a run at. I think Minny is down this year, but that’s the nature of coaching at a program like Minnesota.
    The guy at Indiana , Tom Allen 2020 COY was also mentioned quite a bit a year or two ago but his team is down a little this year.

Both of those guys could do well at a better program.

I agree with you, OU is not going to rush into this, they can’t afford to make the wrong hire at this juncture. That’s one of the top jobs.....they should be able to get a good coach.

Texas has Sark ? Not sure how long he’s going to last in the sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    A name that people are forgetting that was at the top of everyone’s list a year or two ago.......PJ Fleck. He’s a very good coach similar to Campbell that someone will make a run at. I think Minny is down this year, but that’s the nature of coaching at a program like Minnesota.
    The guy at Indiana , Tom Allen 2020 COY was also mentioned quite a bit a year or two ago but his team is down a little this year.

Both of those guys could do well at a better program.

I agree with you, OU is not going to rush into this, they can’t afford to make the wrong hire at this juncture. That’s one of the top jobs.....they should be able to get a good coach.

Texas has Sark ? Not sure how long he’s going to last in the sec.
    SEC is going to eat Sark.

vCash
    If I’m Luke Fickell, and OU backs up the brinks truck......I can’t see him turning that down. Same with Matt Campbell.