Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU whiffing on Riley means kiffin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I have a feeling LSU is back to square one at this point. If I were in their shoes I'd kick the tires on Brian Kelly and Mark Stoops as well as O'Brien.
    I?m willing to bet they have kicking the tires on several candidates and they don?t have many takers. The job has many things going for it but, it?s not exactly a bed of roses either. It?s not the slam dunk many here believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg_Lover View Post
    Would like to see Kiffin stay, then possibly witness him and OM transition from their perceived pinnacle to the pits of pity. ��
    https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2022/team/ole-miss

if they beat kentucky they may be top 15 halfway through the year next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Really interesting that Miami hasnt fired Diaz yet....
    It's still early in the process. They may choose to keep him because this cycle has a ton of high profile jobs open. That makes it difficult to land someone high end.

They may know that that Christobal doesn't want their job and to be honest they can hire Kiffin whenever they want to. They may want to see what Kiffin does without Corral which would be wise considering his history.

And they also (probably) won't delay the inevitable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I?m willing to bet they have kicking the tires on several candidates and they don?t have many takers. The job has many things going for it but, it?s not exactly a bed of roses either. It?s not the slam dunk many here believe.
    Very possible. If you're a coach at say MSU and you stay 10 years at 5 million that's 50 million and you get to be a legend if you do well.

At LSU you may get 13 million but if you get fired after three you might end up making less money in the long run with a lot more stress.

That's why SEC schools are having to hire coaches like Ed Orgeron, Sam Pittman, and Shane Beamer and having to bank on having high end coordinators to offset the decision making on the sideline and why a guy like Napier was fine waiting.

vCash

The second half looks pretty tough though.

vCash
    del

vCash
    The second half looks pretty tough though.
    We have to beat em next year. No if ands or buts from anybody.

vCash

I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. 😎
    * Foghorn Leghorn-isms *

> about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal.

> more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.

> gettin so deep the farmers have to jack up the cows so they can milk em.

> making more noise than a couple of skeletons dancing on a tin roof.

vCash
    I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. ��
    I agree. What im saying is they will go into the 2nd half of that schedule and get clobbered

vCash
    I get what you are saying, and you could certainly be right. Just hoping his recruits coupled with no Corral equals a disappointing year for OM. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face. ��
    I will swallow my crow ( i didnt have to cause i thought we'd lose the egg bowl)

I think kiffin will get exposed at Ole miss not having corral. I think he knows he has to make a move this year or risk getting stuck in mississippi for years.

I think Miami may open up soon if they can talk to kiffin before they fire manny and if kiffin says ill take it.

vCash
    I will swallow my crow ( i didnt have to cause i thought we'd lose the egg bowl)

I think kiffin will get exposed at Ole miss not having corral. I think he knows he has to make a move this year or risk getting stuck in mississippi for years.

I think Miami may open up soon if they can talk to kiffin before they fire manny and if kiffin says ill take it.
    Agreed

One losing season and all of a sudden you can?t go any where, your name is not being mentioned.

Nothing but transfers and little effort to recruit high school kids means you are planning on being gone in 1-2 years

vCash
    Well I was way wrong. Something must of fell apart in the last 48 HRS. USC must be paying a load of cash

vCash

I agree. I'm not sold on Kiffin at all. I hope he stays at ole miss. If we had executed at all Thursday, we win that game easily.
    Go back and watch the BAMA vs ole miss games when Kiffin was OC at Bama. He single hand-idly lost those games vs ole miss. The rebs had the worst run defense in the conference and Bama was gaining 5-7 yards per carry. But he just had to throw the ball. It was so frustrating watch. It didn't take much common sense to see that all Bama had to do was run the ball almost every play to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I agree. I'm not sold on Kiffin at all. I hope he stays at ole miss. If we had executed at all Thursday, we win that game easily.
    Go back and watch the BAMA vs ole miss games when Kiffin was OC at Bama. He single hand-idly lost those games vs ole miss. The rebs had the worst run defense in the conference and Bama was gaining 5-7 yards per carry. But he just had to throw the ball. It was so frustrating watch. It didn't take much common sense to see that all Bama had to do was run the ball almost every play to win.
    There was some scuttlebutt that he and saban had a falling out. This guy is so much hype and self promotion. He’s a snake in the grass imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    There was some scuttlebutt that he and saban had a falling out. This guy is so much hype and self promotion. He’s a snake in the grass imo
    I kinda think he's learned from his mistakes and he seems more humble to me now. And I think he is a good coach. If he's gonna stay in SECW I prefer at OM rather than LSU.

ETA: My preference tho is he bolts for Miami.

vCash
    Kiffin will be on the shortlist at OU

vCash
    I think Kiffin desires the lifestyle he had at USC... and Miami is closest to offering that. As others have mentioned, he is really more of a football nerd than someone who wants to make small talk with the weird old school preppy crowd in Oxford for the next ten years. At Miami he would have access to football talent but could still sort of get lost in the big city when he wants to relax.

vCash
    It's still early in the process. They may choose to keep him because this cycle has a ton of high profile jobs open. That makes it difficult to land someone high end.

They may know that that Christobal doesn't want their job and to be honest they can hire Kiffin whenever they want to. They may want to see what Kiffin does without Corral which would be wise considering his history.

And they also (probably) won't delay the inevitable.
    If they do fire him, you can bet they've already reached an agreement with their next guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Kiffin will be on the shortlist at OU
    Nope

vCash
    I?ve heard, from what I?ve been told is a reliable source, kiffin to LSU. Idk if things have changed since Thursday, but that?s what I heard Thursday night.