Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Manny Diaz get the axe tomorrow?

vCash

Will Manny Diaz get the axe tomorrow?

If Miami lets him go they probably have someone teed up. If he last through tomorrow, he is probably safe another year.

vCash
    Read somewhere that his buyout drops like $2m in a couple of days, so that may be why it hasn't happened yet.

But I hope he gets the axe because it would pretty much gift wrap us Khamauri Rogers. He'd be a good get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If Miami lets him go they probably have someone teed up. If he last through tomorrow, he is probably safe another year.
    I don't expect him to be there in a week.

If he does come back look for the SAME results next year!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I think he gets the axe this week. Goodbye Kiffin.

vCash
    Miami better not release him unless they have a certainty coach setup. Miami is leading the state of Florida in recruiting. With Napier coming there they have a great possibility to keep the recruiting momentum for years to come.

vCash
    I think it?s all tied to the new AD. Manny has been there 4 seasons and they?re still just mediocre. And that L they took from a 3-6 FSU at the time really pissed some boosters off. If the old AD was there I?d say Manny survives but I really don?t think the new AD wants to inherit him.

vCash
    It seems to me, they'd have a hard time attracting a top tier coach without an AD. No coach wants to take the job without knowing who his AD will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Miami better not release him unless they have a certainty coach setup. Miami is leading the state of Florida in recruiting. With Napier coming there they have a great possibility to keep the recruiting momentum for years to come.
    Napier is Dopey Dan 2.0.

vCash
    I?m reading manny never lost the team and everyone was all in until the very end. Im guessing he gets another year.

vCash
    It was written most of the former players want Ed Reed as the new coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    It was written most of the former players want Ed Reed as the new coach.
    That is correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkman Turner Overdrive View Post
    Napier is Dopey Dan 2.0.
    I agree. Keeping Manny now in the state of Florida is a good move imo. Manny provides stability something the other programs do not have.

vCash
    Manny is horrible, he needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I agree. Keeping Manny now in the state of Florida is a good move imo. Manny provides stability something the other programs do not have.
    He provides a poor football product that will never get better. It was a huge reach hire and every year they keep him is just spinning the wheels.

vCash
    Their freshman QB, Van Dyke, might have saved Manny. We'll know tomorrow or this week. Interesting that Miami hasn't endorsed him in anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    He provides a poor football product that will never get better. It was a huge reach hire and every year they keep him is just spinning the wheels.
    He needs to hire better coordinators.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Their freshman QB, Van Dyke, might have saved Manny. We'll know tomorrow or this week. Interesting that Miami hasn't endorsed him in anyway.
    It was reported that when their so called coaching inquiries started that they were looking for someone who fit in with the schools new athletic direction. Whatever that meant.

vCash
    Miami is talking about bringing in Tom Jurich former Louisville AD......and they are talking about bringing in Kiffin.

I’m sure they will want the AD in place before announcing the firing/hiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Miami is talking about bringing in Tom Jurich former Louisville AD......and they are talking about bringing in Kiffin.

I’m sure they will want the AD in place before announcing the firing/hiring.
    They better come up with about $7.5 Mill

vCash
    Van Dyke has the looks of a stud QB - Lane would do well with him the next few years if he gets that job.