Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thamel says Napier to Florida announcement could come as early as this afternoon

vCash

Thamel says Napier to Florida announcement could come as early as this afternoon

Dominoes will start to fall over the next 48 hours for a lot of jobs.

I know LSU is targeting big fish but I think Napier can be big time. He executes and rubs his program with a lot of similarities to Saban. I think he could be potentially very good. Will Florida give him the autonomy he's been seeking is what remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Dominoes will start to fall over the next 48 hours for a lot of jobs.
    Florida could have done better.

vCash
    Wow I can't believe uf faithful are gonna be happy with Dan 2.0

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Florida could have done better.
    I don't know that they can. A lot of very good coaches are seeing the UFs and the LSUs demanding championships or else and saying "I'm making $3-4 million at X school, why deal with that when I'm secure here and they support me instead of undermining me like UF and LSU do."

vCash
    Lane Train stalled?

vCash
    I'll be pretty surprised if Napier is better than 35-14 with 2 Easts, 2 top 10 finishes and a 3rd in the top 15 over his first 4 years.

He might beat Dan's mark of 21-14 in the SEC just because this year went South so bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I don't know that they can. A lot of very good coaches are seeing the UFs and the LSUs demanding championships or else and saying "I'm making $3-4 million at X school, why deal with that when I'm secure here and they support me instead of undermining me like UF and LSU do."
    I think this accurate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I'll be pretty surprised if Napier is better than 35-14 with 2 Easts, 2 top 10 finishes and a 3rd in the top 15 over his first 4 years.

He might beat Dan's mark of 21-14 in the SEC just because this year went South so bad.
    Mullen only won the East once, not twice

vCash
    No idea how Napier will do there, but he's been unbelievable at ULL. I thought they might take a step back this year, but nope...

2019: 11-3 (7-1)
    2020: 10-1 (7-1) conf title
    2021: 11-1 (8-0) playing for conf title

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think this accurate
    Agreed, the Sabanization of the sport is not a good thing.

vCash
    One thing very much in Napier's favor is mullen has a team that fits his offense. If Napier keeps Richardson, he has a game changer at qb already.

Speaking of Richardson, wasn't it rumored lane was gonna go after him to transfer?

vCash
    Lane Train stalled?
    We will see how good Lane is next season losing 14 Senior starters and the QB.

vCash
    Lane Train stalled?
    I think Lane is waiting on Miami. If they fire Diaz tomorrow he?s all over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    The question there is whether Christibol takes the job or not.

If he doesn't I think Kiffin stays. If he doesn't then I think Kiffin is gone to Miami.

vCash
    Agree. The portal transfers like the UVa kid or the UCF kid will lead to a huge drop off replacing Corrall. They will be so much easier to defend. They are looking at 6-7 wins IMO. A down season really puts a damper on a mercenaries resume. Kiffin knows this. If he can’t bring in some great talents/game changers then he is going to be looking to bolt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The question there is whether Christibol takes the job or not.

If he doesn't I think Kiffin stays. If he doesn't then I think Kiffin is gone to Miami.
    I find it hard to believe Cristobal leaves Oregon. Fertile recruiting and Nike. He ain?t leaving. I think Lane has a more vested interest to be at Miami.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 11-28-2021 at 02:07 PM.

vCash
    Wow. They'll start over in 3 years. Stricklin is a dead man walking.

vCash
    I find it hard to believe Cristobal leaves Oregon. Fertile recruiting and Nike. He ain?t leaving. I think Lane has a more vested interest to be at Miami.
    That may very well happen. And that's what I think Miami is going to try to figure out. If you're Christobal and you have success at Oregon you can always go back to Miami whenever.

I think it plays out as we expect with Manny being fired and and then Kiffin goes to Miami after Christobal stays at Oregon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Wow. They'll start over in 3 years. Stricklin is a dead man walking.
    We'll see. The only reason they got rid of McElwain is because they got greedy and thought they could get Chip Kelly and it blew up in their face. Dan did what he thought he would do. I think Napier will rebuild their recruiting and have them competing and beating Georgia some in a couple of years.