Thread: Pretty amazing football stat that I had no clue about...

vCash

Pretty amazing football stat that I had no clue about...

Per Twitter.

That's a pretty impressive stat if true. Shows that while we may lose some games, we lose them all to solid teams.

vCash
    Dang that's pretty wild. Shows consistency in our program at the very least. Good stuff, CD!

vCash
    Shows how bad Moorhead's loss to Tennessee was too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Shows how bad Moorhead's loss to Tennessee was too.
    2008....Croom was coach.

vCash
    This stat and the fact we're one of only 4 sec teams to make it to a bowl game the last 12 years shows we've reached at least respectability level as a program. We're certainly not bama but we've come a long ways as a football program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    2008....Croom was coach.
    He sucked too.**

vCash
    Is that really true? If so, we have come a long way. Does that include South Alabama?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Is that really true? If so, we have come a long way. Does that include South Alabama?
    Yep 2016 USA was in Arizona Bowl and lost to Air Force.

vCash
    You mean Leach almost cost us that streak this year? Fire him!*

vCash
    That is impressive CD and thanks for sharing. I have seen a list of stats that reflect many good things about our program that we just do not discuss enough. As with most areas of life, we tend to focus on the negative. Thanks guys and just adding to the list from above.
    All Time Rushing QB in the SEC - Nick Fitzgerald MSU
    In the CFP Era - Only six teams have been ranked No. 1 ? with Mississippi State the first.
    Only 4 sec teams to make it to a bowl game the last 12 years - from Commerce above
    MSU has not lost to a team that did not finish bowl eligible since 2008 - CavarD above
    Boobie Dixon finished with 3,994 yards and is 10th all time rushing leader.

And before too long we will have the all time passing leader in the SEC.
    Last edited by DAWG1903; 11-28-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    9 bowl eligible teams on our schedule this year. Yes we trade Vandy for Georgia next year; however, it doesn't get much more difficult overall than that.

Plus there's a decent to good change the schedules get reshuffled because OU / Texsa leave early. I'm pretty sure OU especially doesn't want to deal with B12 officiating anymore because they got treated like MSU all year. Texsa was incompetent enough on its own to fail itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    9 bowl eligible teams on our schedule this year. Yes we trade Vandy for Georgia next year; however, it doesn't get much more difficult overall than that.

Plus there's a decent to good change the schedules get reshuffled because OU / Texsa leave early. I'm pretty sure OU especially doesn't want to deal with B12 officiating anymore because they got treated like MSU all year. Texsa was incompetent enough on its own to fail itself.
    So maybe, just maybe, we could possibly switch Georgia for Texas. I?d take it.

vCash
    We lost to a 3-7 Arkansas team last year.

Now, the NCAA waived all bowl eligibility requirements last year so this is still technically true. Arkansas's bowl game got COVID canceled.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    So maybe, just maybe, we could possibly switch Georgia for Texas. I?d take it.
    Try switching Georgia / Bama / Auburn for Texsa / OU / Missouri if we go geographical divisions.

Pods open up a can of worms. I really am curious where the SEC lands on scheduling.