Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jimbo Fisher is a mediocre football coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's not an elite coach. I never said that. To give him no credit for getting a natty is ridiculous though
    He also got a natty bc of an all time fluke play that allowed FSU to face Auburn instead of an all-time great Bama team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The OP said Jimbo is not an elite coach. I don't think anyone said these coaches don't get credit for winning a natty but just were making the point that doesn't make them elite.
    I think Jimbo is head and shoulders above O and Chizik but I still think there's an argument for him not being elite.
    I also think there's an argument for only Saban being elite so that kinda limits the field.
    These are my elite coaches since 2000: Pete Carroll, Mac brown (for a stretch at texas early 2000s), urban Meyer, saban, and dabo

vCash
    He’s pure snakeoil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He also got a natty bc of an all time fluke play that allowed FSU to face Auburn instead of an all-time great Bama team.
    Throw the fluke play out, it's still a tie game, so not sure how you credit bama the win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I really hope LSU hires Jimbo, lol. We'll probably go .500 against him there.
    Yeah facing jimbo doesn't strike fear in your heart.

vCash
    These are my elite coaches since 2000: Pete Carroll, Mac brown (for a stretch at texas early 2000s), urban Meyer, saban, and dabo
    I think that's a pretty accurate list.

vCash
    I meant current elite so we kind of agree. Clemson's season this year kind of stains Dabo but I can't really argue against it. I think Kirby joins the list of current elites with a natty this year.
    Also, Mac Brown still coaching is impressive but when you realize Saban is the same age Saban becomes even more impressive.

vCash
    I think Kirby could be getting there too. He's close to joining that group.

vCash
    Smart has had saban beat twice on the biggest stage, and he lost both of them. I feel like Georgia is the much better team this year, but I'm not sure Kirby can get over the saban mountain

vCash
    Smart has had saban beat twice on the biggest stage, and he lost both of them. I feel like Georgia is the much better team this year, but I'm not sure Kirby can get over the saban mountain
    Gonna be fun to watch.

vCash
    I heard that in the post game tonight when they asked Jimbo about how he felt about the loss to LSU he said "I have ranches in Texas"***

vCash
    Throw the fluke play out, it's still a tie game, so not sure how you credit bama the win
    Bc Bama was the better team, and the better team usually wins in OT...as they did tonight. No guarantee, obviously, but it's not a bad assumption to make, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Gonna be fun to watch.
    Indeed.

vCash
    Jimbo has always been an average coach. That's all he's ever gonna be. I'll always remember laughing at the aTm contract they gave him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I think that's a pretty accurate list.
    I agree. Hard to argue against that.