Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jimbo Fisher is a mediocre football coach?

vCash
    Jimbo is in the Qb face after every series. That would drive me insane. Yes about over paid/ over rated.

vCash
    Jimbo's national championship gives him too much credibility. He had Jameis (and he let him get away with a lot of shit) just like Chizik had Cam and Orgeron had Burrow. I think Jimbo's a better coach than those two but playing in a weak ACC and having Jameis really boosted his stock a little more than it should have. He damn sure isn't worth $9M a year. But he did beat Saban and that's the goal for every coach hired in the SEC. You're just not supposed to combine it with 4 losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I thought we finished behind Bama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas? Aren't we 4th?
    Tied with ark and aTm at 4-4 for 3rd. There is no tie breaker except for determining who goes to Atlanta

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Jimbo's national championship gives him too much credibility. He had Jameis (and he let him get away with a lot of shit) just like Chizik had Cam and Orgeron had Burrow. I think Jimbo's a better coach than those two but playing in a weak ACC and having Jameis really boosted his stock a little more than it should have. He damn sure isn't worth $9M a year. But he did beat Saban and that's the goal for every coach hired in the SEC. You're just not supposed to combine it with 4 losses.
    This all day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tied with ark and aTm at 4-4 for 3rd. There is no tie breaker except for determining who goes to Atlanta
    Sigh. So we finished 4th. Ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Jimbo just doesn't impress me.
    All the smack talk about Alabama, then beats them, but still 4-4 in the West. Gotta win a few more than that.

vCash
    Never agreed with saying a coach shouldn't get credit for a natty bc of so-and-so player when the coach recruited said player

vCash
    I thought we finished behind Bama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas? Aren't we 4th?
    No with am loss us, arky, am all tied for third but there are no tiebreakers after first place.

vCash
    Do you know how pissed we'd all be if we beat Bama and STILL lost 4 games?? What a waste

vCash
    Yep

vCash
    Do you know how pissed we'd all be if we beat Bama and STILL lost 4 games?? What a waste
    I would be fine with it. We've lost what 13 in a row?

vCash
    Ha! Most on here stay pissed anyways !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Ha! Most on here stay pissed anyways !
    True lol

That would be the most MSU thing ever to finally beat Bama, and still basically finish 5th in the West and lose 4 games while Bama goes to the CFP. That's such a waste of a monumental win

vCash
    No. Unless he got Joe Brady and Joe Burrow back, I dont know a single LSU fan that wishes O was staying.

I just can't believe we lost to them, and that they are so much better of a program than we are, that they fire coaches that win 6 games, and we extend coaches that win 6.
    Only major program in a talent rich state. A trained monkey could win a natty there. A trained monkey basically did in 2019.

vCash
    True lol

That would be the most MSU thing ever to finally beat Bama, and still basically finish 5th in the West and lose 4 games while Bama goes to the CFP. That's such a waste of a monumental win
    It really is a waste of a huge win. AM maybe the most inconsistent team in college football.

vCash
    Without Jamies, he's Dan *******.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 11-27-2021 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Only major program in a talent rich state. A trained monkey could win a natty there. A trained monkey basically did in 2019.
    He went and got burrow and Brady, so he should get credit for that. He recruited that team, and that team was one of the best in college football history.

He didn't keep them at that level, but he beat saban and dabo to win that natty. Who else can claim that? Maybe smart this year, but both bama and Clemson are down, and they weren't in 2019

vCash
    He went and got burrow and Brady, so he should get credit for that. He recruited that team, and that team was one of the best in college football history.

He didn't keep them at that level, but he beat saban and dabo to win that natty. Who else can claim that? Maybe smart this year, but both bama and Clemson are down, and they weren't in 2019
    Yes thank you for making my point

vCash
    It's equivalent to Freeze at Ole Miss. And I'll admit that I'm jealous of those two wins they had over Bama but I don't think great Ole Miss seasons is what A&M had in mind when they hired Jimbo.

vCash

The guy is a walking human disaster, on the field issues are the least of his problems.