Thread: Womens bb looking good early against mich 15-15 in the 1st..Rickea Jackson just

vCash

Womens bb looking good early against mich 15-15 in the 1st..Rickea Jackson just

picked up 2nd foul early.

vCash
    Only down by 3 to #12 Michigan at the half.

Score is 31-28

vCash
    Not a good third period

vCash
    Rough second half offensively (20 points). Michigan wins by 16.

vCash

Inconsistency, Miss.State not a consistent team, though play well in spurts.

Miss. State is currently not nearly a consistent team. Saw this magnified against Alcorn State, flared up in other games as well. Also, Rickea Jackson is still not a consistent player. Currently not headed on a path to finish in the top half of the SEC....will need to really step things up .Team consistency has left this program
    since Coach Schaefer left. Appears more dribble drive offense type personel on the roster.

vCash
    The game was close for alot of the game. This team is Jessika Carter away from being good. We don't really have an inside presence other than Rickea who does a little of everything (bad fg percentage though). Raven is solid but she doesn't score much

vCash
    Going to get killed in league play.

vCash
    The two big stats that stuck out were our 6 assists to their 13 and them out rebounding us 47-33. When we went down by 7 we kept hovering around that until they pushed it out to 9 then double digits. After that we started taking rushed shots from three point range or contested jumpers.

I was really impressed with how we held things together when R Jackson and M Taylor both had to sit in the second quarter.

We had 2 points off the bench compared to 33 for Michigan and lost second chance points 4 to 17.

Overall my concern is this is the scenario that is going to play out against the better teams in the conference. We are playing hard but have no length in key areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We actually held our own for most of this game. The score just doesn't look that way. Annie Hayes had a bad game today too so that didn't help. Our biggest weakness is an inside presence. Charlotte Kohl is 6'5, I hoped she would give it but she just isn't very good. Farley is solid and Denae Carter plays big because she is so long but we just don't have much there.

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    I’m just thankful we actually look organized, play hard, and respect the coach.

vCash
    Jessica Carter aint walking through that door, but we have definitely upgraded over the last Coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Nope.
    The SEC is the best league in America. We have no size. Going to get hammered. Michigan is ok, but they aren't TN or SC.

vCash
    The SEC is the best league in America. We have no size. Going to get hammered. Michigan is ok, but they aren't TN or SC.
    I understand your overall point. However I think so far the Big Ten and PAC 10 are top to bottom better leagues. Even with the loss I?m still impressed with Coach Novak, the staff, and players. The bottom half of the SEC isn?t strong and the middle isn?t head and shoulders above them. I wouldn?t be surprised if we finished 500 or slightly higher in league play. That said I share your concerns about size, overall, not just in the post.

vCash
    Oh. You meant we will get killed by 2 teams in our 14 team league? Ok then. I thought by "going to get killed in league play," you meant we were going to be really horrible against the sec. I think we will be better than .500 in league play.

vCash
    Agreed but we have the talent... Jessika being gone is a big deal

vCash
    We will win plenty of conference games but won't beat the top programs