Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basketball game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Basketball is fundamentally different than football. I am not sure your point here. If schools like Butler and Gonzaga can be powerhouses with their small ass athletic budgets, then we can. Bama football is only achievable by like 5 other schools in the entire country.
    Gonzaga hit the jackpot with an all time great coach, and they recruit like Kentucky

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How we be bama in football?
    I think you miss the point. Running a similar style as duke and Gonzaga is not saying we should be as good as them. I like this team but our style of play is just gross and hard to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    I think you miss the point. Running a similar style as duke and Gonzaga is not saying we should be as good as them. I like this team but our style of play is just gross and hard to watch.
    Running their style without future nba guys all over the court isn't as entertaining. Duke and Gonzaga can win playing any style bc they habe elite players

vCash
    Running their style without future nba guys all over the court isn't as entertaining. Duke and Gonzaga can win playing any style bc they habe elite players
    Again you can have a better pace of play without their talent. I think you know this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Our Guard play sucks. Mol 5-11 everyone else 1-12. 8 turnovers!
    Definitely, an 'off' game for Guards .. should NEVER gone to OT! Guard play picked up in OT!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I think the style is fine. Now I certainly think howland could coach us better in offensive sets. I wish we'd give howland more money for coaches, and I wish howland would be receptive to some offensive help.

vCash
    I think the style is fine. Now I certainly think howland could coach us better in offensive sets. I wish we'd give howland more money for coaches, and I wish howland would be receptive to some offensive help.
    We can agree to disagree on the style. But I agree Howland could do better in our offensive sets. We dont move without the ball very well and ball movement is bad.

vCash
    74 points a game
    And shooting almost 50% from the field

It’s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can’t score., it’s not like we lost to Boise State

And who do you all want to coach us?? Who is going to get the talent here that Ben does ? I guess you ****s still want Kermit ..
    Again I don’t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn’t and never was And never has been

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    74 points a game

It’s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can’t score., it’s not like we lost to Boise State

And who do you all want to coach us?? Who is going to get the talent here that Ben does ? I guess you ****s still want Kermit ..
    Again I don’t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn’t and never was And never has been
    Im fine with howland. Just not in love with our half court offensive strategy. Wish we would run more with our depth.

vCash
    74 points a game

Fine with Howland, just wish he'd wake up and utilize the talent he has in the best way possible.

Or to put it in terms you understand....

I'm fine with that mother ****er Howland, if he'd just wake the **** up and put those ****ers in the best position to ****ing succeed...which isn't ****ing playing a half court game, let those mother ****ers run and utilize their talent and skills. ****

vCash
    Lol @ CD

I'm certainly a howland guy, but I understand the frustration with him at times. I do think he's put together a good team, and by conference play, this team is gonna be really good

vCash
    Let’s wait and see how things go when we play Sec teams.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Gonzaga hit the jackpot with an all time great coach, and they recruit like Kentucky
    Fair enough, but it isn?t that hard to teach a little more push on offense.

vCash
    I didn?t see it but Richmond is a solid team and a good win. If we can split between Minnesota and Colorado State and win all the others not counting TTU that?s a solid performance

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    74 points a game

Dude, Howland?s half court offense sucks, it is boring, and up until this point hasn?t won us shit. It has sucked since the day he hit campus. No one cuts to the basket. We run motion down to 8 seconds on the clock. I saw better ball movement and offensive movement without the ball in any 3 minute period of Gonzaga/Duke game than I have in 5 games total 200 minutes of gameplay against terrible defenses. And I am a Howland guy. Love the dude. Just calling a spade a spade here. He needs help, cause the real teams, the teams we want to play and beat, are playing literally a different game than we are, and when the time comes, our shit is going to get pushed in.

We as fans need to do our job. Go to games. And God forbid, stand the 17 up and cheer. This is a message board, and discussing the same faults we have seen from Howland years prior and looks to be continuing again this year, is exactly what needs to be discussed. Cause I am tired of seeing the same failure, game after game, roster after roster, year after year.

Simply put, our offense should look way more like Bamas, or Tenn?s this year.

vCash
    74 points a game

It?s ****ing basketball and it was game ****ing 5.. there are going to be some nights that you can?t score., it?s not like we lost to Boise State

Again I don?t understand what some of you think this basketball program was in the past because it wasn?t and never was And never has been
    Say whatever you want.. we miss the tourney or barely make it into the tourney and 1 and done then Howland can pack his bags.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    Say whatever you want.. we miss the tourney or barely make it into the tourney and 1 and done then Howland can pack his bags.
    You actually think we gonna fire howland if he makes the tourney? Sober up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Dude, Howland?s half court offense sucks, it is boring, and up until this point hasn?t won us shit. It has sucked since the day he hit campus. No one cuts to the basket. We run motion down to 8 seconds on the clock. I saw better ball movement and offensive movement without the ball in any 3 minute period of Gonzaga/Duke game than I have in 5 games total 200 minutes of gameplay against terrible defenses. And I am a Howland guy. Love the dude. Just calling a spade a spade here. He needs help, cause the real teams, the teams we want to play and beat, are playing literally a different game than we are, and when the time comes, our shit is going to get pushed in.

We as fans need to do our job. Go to games. And God forbid, stand the 17 up and cheer. This is a message board, and discussing the same faults we have seen from Howland years prior and looks to be continuing again this year, is exactly what needs to be discussed. Cause I am tired of seeing the same failure, game after game, roster after roster, year after year.

Simply put, our offense should look way more like Bamas, or Tenn?s this year.
    Fact: Ari loves howland more than Bucky loves will.

vCash
    74 points a game

At one time we were a fun team to watch play. And I didn't miss a home game when I lived there. It's the reason the hump was packed at times under Stans. You need to quit taking up for your daddy every chance you get and let people debate what's going on here. It's useless to recruit if you can't coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    At one time we were a fun team to watch play. And I didn't miss a home game when I lived there. It's the reason the hump was packed at times under Stans. You need to quit taking up for your daddy every chance you get and let people debate what's going on here. It's useless to recruit if you can't coach.
    So you can debate how bad CBH is and I can’t give facts to argue??
    Maybe you are just made still that your daddy is at western Kentucky and not making the ncaa tourney as usual