Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have calmed down

vCash

I have calmed down

I have calmed down from thursday night and I have my good mind now

Leach is going to do great things at MSU, the team is super young still and almost the entire team is returning next year and it will technically be year 3 for will rogers ( even though technically he just started year 2 according to games started)

What Cohen will have to re stress to leach again this summer is the importance of beating Ole Miss, if you are going to have an average or bad season YOU HAVE TO BEAT OLE MISS, its just that simple, a NY6 will replace the egg bowl.

We need to hit the transfer portal hard to get a LT and a RT, the JUCO guy coming in will need some time to develop and losing charles cross is going to hurt but it isnt the end of the world.

The schedule next year will be very difficult but ... Arkansas and Ole miss will be losing a ton, Ole miss loses way more than arkansas though. Also watch the coaching carousel , hopefully lane will skip town on em and maybe some of the arkansas coordinators will be leaving also.

LSU will have a new coach who will be in game 3 and hopefully they wont have it figured out by the time we play em.

Auburn possibly with a new coach? we beat them on the road anyway this year and A&M, you never know what you will get from a&m, they should be very good next year.

We should be one of the most experienced teams next year and I have faith that Leach will improve our faults this season.

7-5 is a lot better than what anybody thought earlier this season and a bowl win would make it way better.

I think we win the next 2 egg bowls just imo and I also did say I thought we would lose this year, gotta remember, Ole miss is a top 10 team right now with a 1st round NFL QB ..... they wont have any of that

vCash
    I am confidently excited about next year for the first time since Mullen left.

vCash
    The team isn't super young. We didn't start a single freshman. Many Soph are 3rd year guys or have played a lot the last two seasons. Takent level simply isn't where it needs to be. Next year should eliminate the Memphis type games and slow starts, but I expect a similar record. 8 wins probably. Year 4 is where it really takes off IMO.

vCash
    If starting freshman is your definition of a young team then I can not help you understand.

vCash

You?ll see

A big difference in September next year. You have to remember that 2020 was just practice, this was really our first full year in Leach?s system. We all can see the progress we?ve made? after another spring and summer I fully expect our offense to take off to start the year next season. Will needs to gain weight and muscle along with work on his pocket awareness. Don?t let the folks on here blow smoke and tell you ? ? we going to lose a lot of players to the portal? they don?t know Jack shit ? Take a look at the players who chose not to leave this year ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The team isn't super young. We didn't start a single freshman. Many Soph are 3rd year guys or have played a lot the last two seasons. Takent level simply isn't where it needs to be. Next year should eliminate the Memphis type games and slow starts, but I expect a similar record. 8 wins probably. Year 4 is where it really takes off IMO.
    How can you argue this ? Of course this team is very young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post
    A big difference in September next year. You have to remember that 2020 was just practice, this was really our first full year in Leach?s system. We all can see the progress we?ve made? after another spring and summer I fully expect our offense to take off to start the year next season. Will needs to gain weight and muscle along with work on his pocket awareness. Don?t let the folks on here blow smoke and tell you ? ? we going to lose a lot of players to the portal? they don?t know Jack shit ? Take a look at the players who chose not to leave this year ?
    How many are trolls from other schools just trying to start rumors to damage the program ?

It?s not cool to make up crap about kids transferring out. Ive seen that happen on other boards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    How many are trolls from other schools just trying to start rumors to damage the program ?

It?s not cool to make up crap about kids transferring out. Ive seen that happen on other boards.
    Well, the truth is, we're gonna have to have some "good attrition"...at least 5-10 guys. We're gonna sign more than 25, we have some seniors talking about staying for that 6th year. If 5-10 guys aren't weeded out, we're gonna have way more than 85 guys on the roster next year. I don't think anyone is gonna be heartbroken about the guys that transfer out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Well, the truth is, we're gonna have to have some "good attrition"...at least 5-10 guys. We're gonna sign more than 25, we have some seniors talking about staying for that 6th year. If 5-10 guys aren't weeded out, we're gonna have way more than 85 guys on the roster next year. I don't think anyone is gonna be heartbroken about the guys that transfer out.
    Agree with that. I think the WR room is getting crowded, but with the looks we are getting you can’t turn down four stars who can play right away.

Probably will have a few kids on defense also who get caught up in the numbers game.

vCash

This is

the correct answer. Keep the trajectory headed in right way and we should be pretty awesome in 23

vCash
    We've got to have another qb ready though, because Will is liable to get hurt at some point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    We've got to have another qb ready though, because Will is liable to get hurt at some point.
    With him in the shotgun as much as he is plus his decision making it should minimize a chance of an injury as much as we reasonably can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    With him in the shotgun as much as he is plus his decision making it should minimize a chance of an injury as much as we reasonably can.
    Yeah and he don't take many hits because he don't run very much either. And i honestly believe with the progress he made this year he'll be getting the ball out even quicker next year. Still be nice to have a legit qb2

vCash
    I was told lovertich will use his last year of Eligibility next year , not sure if here or in the G5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah and he don't take many hits because he don't run very much either. And i honestly believe with the progress he made this year he'll be getting the ball out even quicker next year. Still be nice to have a legit qb2
    True but that statue sack is gonna cost him if he is not careful. Better have another guy ready or we'd be in serious trouble with a no experience QB in this O.

vCash
    Will Rogers, Joquavious Marks, Dillon Johnson, and Jaden Walley are all freshmen and will be here through 2024 unless they leave early for the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    True but that statue sack is gonna cost him if he is not careful. Better have another guy ready or we'd be in serious trouble with a no experience QB in this O.
    I agree I honestly wouldn't mind having 2 ready lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I was told lovertich will use his last year of Eligibility next year , not sure if here or in the G5.
    Also saw someone who usually knows things say a little while back that there's a chance we get Abraham back next year, though I don't know how current that information is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    If my math is correct he could be at MSU through 2023.

JUCO Freshman year in 2018
    JUCO Sophomore year in 2019
    COVID year at South Alabama in 2020
    Played in 2 games at MSU and could redshirt this year eligibility wise 2021
    Potential RS/COVID JR 2022
    Potential RS/COVID SR 2023

Up to him and the team as far as what they want to do I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Will Rogers, Joquavious Marks, Dillon Johnson, and Jaden Walley are all freshmen and will be here through 2024 unless they leave early for the NFL.
    COVID is going to cause all teams to have some very veteran laden teams. Ole Miss was this year. Ours is coming in 2023. The majority of players appear to be using their COVID year unless they are a legit NFL prospect like Charles Cross.