Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have calmed down

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Well, the truth is, we're gonna have to have some "good attrition"...at least 5-10 guys. We're gonna sign more than 25, we have some seniors talking about staying for that 6th year. If 5-10 guys aren't weeded out, we're gonna have way more than 85 guys on the roster next year. I don't think anyone is gonna be heartbroken about the guys that transfer out.
    With tutor gate and how we have undersigned over the last several years, how are we at 85? I was hoping to start over signing so we could get back closer to 85.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    With tutor gate and how we have undersigned over the last several years, how are we at 85? I was hoping to start over signing so we could get back closer to 85.
    We're not. I think we're at 78(ish), but when you add, say 27-28 signees, only a handful of seniors leaving...ya gotta have some attrition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    COVID is going to cause all teams to have some very veteran laden teams. Ole Miss was this year. Ours is coming in 2023. The majority of players appear to be using their COVID year unless they are a legit NFL prospect like Charles Cross.
    It?s smart to use it. Many of them can squeeze in a masters degree with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The team isn't super young. We didn't start a single freshman. Many Soph are 3rd year guys or have played a lot the last two seasons. Takent level simply isn't where it needs to be. Next year should eliminate the Memphis type games and slow starts, but I expect a similar record. 8 wins probably. Year 4 is where it really takes off IMO.
    I'll take that scenario.

vCash
    Calling my shot now

Memphis Win
    @Arizona win
    @ Lsu win
    Bowling green win
    Texas A&M win
    Arkansas win
    At kentucky loss
    At Alabama loss
    Auburn win
    Georgia loss
    ETSU win
    @ Ole Miss win

vCash
    I think we got a shot at 8-4 next year.

vCash
    I think we beat Kentucky next year even though it's an away game. Not to sure about a win against Auburn though. It just depends which Auburn team shows up. With a little luck (we are due for some) we go 9-3.
    Last edited by Catfish; 11-28-2021 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    Tamu
    Ark
    Ala
    Kentucky
    Georgia
    Auburn

3-3 in that stretch looks about right. Even with 2-4 we likely end up 8-4. We will beat ole miss, maybe stomp them.

Of course this is assuming we have a serviceable O line.

vCash
    Calling my shot now:

Texas and Oklahoma figure out how to come into the SEC for 2022, and we play both of them instead of Alabama and Georgia, and beat both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Calling my shot now:

Texas and Oklahoma figure out how to come into the SEC for 2022, and we play both of them instead of Alabama and Georgia, and beat both.
    I sure hope you're right.

vCash
    UT is going to struggle, OU not so much.

UT is like LSU a sleeping giant. If they ever made a good coaching hire they are very dangerous given the fact they are about the biggest richest school there is. Money talks.

USA Today link 25 richest programs, UT number one with 228 million a year in revenue. Ohio State is number 3, Alabama number seven, Florida number nine, ga and LSU in top 10. Michigan and Penn State, Tamu in there as well.
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 11-28-2021 at 12:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    UT is going to struggle, OU not so much.

UT is like LSU a sleeping giant. If they ever made a good coaching hire they are very dangerous given the fact they are about the biggest richest school there is. Money talks.

USA Today link 25 richest programs, UT number one with 228 million a year in revenue. Ohio State is number 3, Alabama number seven, Florida number nine, ga and LSU in top 10. Michigan and Penn State, Tamu in there as well.
    It's gonna be tough for Texas for a few years. They seem to be declining. I think Oklahoma will get their bell rung quite a few times too.

vCash
    Y'all are calling a win in next year's Egg.

Leach doesn't win rivalry games.

I hat the oxford turds, but they will portal up and beat us again. You watch and see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post

I hat the oxford turds, but they will portal up and beat us again. You watch and see.
    Then his ass is gone.

vCash

The blame isnt all on leach this year.

He put players in position to make catches and the receivers didnt catch the damn ball.

I predicted a loss this year because of course all their guys would be healthy for the egg bowl and we forget they are a top 10 team and we are an unranked team. The top 10 team usually wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Calling my shot now

Memphis Win
    @Arizona win
    @ Lsu win
    Bowling green win
    Texas A&M win
    Arkansas win
    At kentucky loss
    At Alabama loss
    Auburn win
    Georgia loss
    ETSU win
    @ Ole Miss win
    Outside of Bama and Georgia we can beat anyone on that schedule and that’s the first time I’ve thought that in about 6 years.

vCash

Leach didn't drop two touchdown passes in the end zone. Leach didn't miss a 38 yard field goal.

We beat OM by at least two touchdowns next year. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Leach didn't drop two touchdown passes in the end zone. Leach didn't miss a 38 yard field goal.

We beat OM by at least two touchdowns next year. Book it.
    I think it's crazy to predict games almost a year away. We were told to "book it" a week before this past egg, and we lost by 2 scores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think it's crazy to predict games almost a year away. We were told to "book it" a week before this past egg, and we lost by 2 scores
    That glass is still half empty to you isn't it?

We faced the #9 team in the country with a first round QB on the Heisman short list. I didn't see a lot of "book its".

They lose a shit ton of talent next year. More than us by the way. And if Lebby is gone it gets even tougher.

vCash
    I have not calmed down. I'm still pissed. Had we lost to a clearly better team I'd have been over it that night. But we left between 17-24 points on the field that game. Not because of a bad call or a rough break, but because we couldn't execute the 17ing fundamentals of the game. That is inexcusable. Biggest game of the year and we can't pull off the basics. No, I'm still pissed and I'm going to stay pissed for a while.