Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have calmed down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I have not calmed down. I'm still pissed. Had we lost to a clearly better team I'd have been over it that night. But we left between 17-24 points on the field that game. Not because of a bad call or a rough break, but because we couldn't execute the 17ing fundamentals of the game. That is inexcusable. Biggest game of the year and we can't pull off the basics. No, I'm still pissed and I'm going to stay pissed for a while.
    I'm right there with you Vegasdawg! My butt is still chapped!!!

vCash
    I don't understand the argument we lost to a team that isn't better than us. Take your Maroon colored glasses off. Ole Miss is a top 8 team. We are not, they are better than us this year. The reason why you believe that they are not better than us is because the Air Raid works, teams have to scheme us different on offense because of our 33 defense. Most teams in our league are running 4-3, or 3-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That glass is still half empty to you isn't it?

We faced the #9 team in the country with a first round QB on the Heisman short list. I didn't see a lot of "book its".

They lose a shit ton of talent next year. More than us by the way. And if Lebby is gone it gets even tougher.
    https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...E-MISS-EDITION

^^^ prediction thread

Hell, you got mad when someone said Williams could give us problems.

We were the Vegas favorite.

I didn't predict either way other than there was gonna be a ton of points. Our defense performed better than I thought, and our offense did much worse

ETA... the point remains though, no one can predict next year's egg bowl with any accuracy right now. We have no idea what either team will look like
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-29-2021 at 10:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I don't understand the argument we lost to a team that isn't better than us. Take your Maroon colored glasses off. Ole Miss is a top 8 team. We are not, they are better than us this year. The reason why you believe that they are not better than us is because the Air Raid works, teams have to scheme us different on offense because of our 33 defense. Most teams in our league are running 4-3, or 3-4.
    Matt Corral is a first round QB pick. Dude, can straight ball. Their defense doesn't have to do a lot b/c the offense can score pretty easily. Lebby is a damn good play caller. Had we lost to an unranked OM team w/ a white Chris Relf as QB then yeah, I'd be really pissed. Sometimes you just gotta let shit go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthrea...E-MISS-EDITION

^^^ prediction thread

Hell, you got mad when someone said Williams could give us problems.

We were the Vegas favorite.

I didn't predict either way other than there was gonna be a ton of points. Our defense performed better than I thought, and our offense did much worse

ETA... the point remains though, no one can predict next year's egg bowl with any accuracy right now. We have no idea what either team will look like
    Dropping passes did more damage than Williams. C'mon , man. Leach called the plays to score and we screwed the pooch. It sucks, but life goes on. And yes, I'm still saying we beat them next year. Save this if you want so you can continue to be the pessimistic asshole we all know and love.

vCash
    A few days to calm down.... my thoughts are State lost to a more talented team. However State had every opportunity to upset a more talented team but could not capitalize on those opportunities. For many different reasons that have already been covered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    The reason I think they're not better than us because they're not. If we just execute at a basic level we win. None of our mistakes had anything to do with the shart talent level. None of the points we left on the field had anything to do with them. It was all us not being able to execute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The reason I think they're not better than us because they're not. If we just execute at a basic level we win. None of our mistakes had anything to do with the shart talent level. None of the points we left on the field had anything to do with them. It was all us not being able to execute.
    Facts!

They didn't beat us Thursday we beat ourselves, they didn't knock the balls down, we didn't catch the balls, or make a very easy pass, they didn't miss or block our field goals, we missed those ourselves, Leach put them boys in position and they didn't execute. They know it and will learn from it, but, I am still blistered from it.

Edit: defensively I think we would have destroyed them all game long if the refs didn't suck. Please understand when your Dline is destroying them in the manner that we were to where the only thing that they could do was hold us, we were whipping their tale. But, since the refs didn't call hardly ANY of those flagrant holds that takes the wind out of you and our boys just couldn't hang.
    Last edited by Maverick91; 11-29-2021 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    Then his ass is gone.
    You actually believe if Leach goes 9-3 or even 8-4 next year with one of those losses being to OM again would result in Leach being fired?