Thread: How?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Last 5:

MSU- 25.8
    Ark- 29.8
    OM- 27

Strengthens my point.
    As I said that doesn't surprise me. Look at how many players on our team from the class five years ago to see my point.

vCash
    I was at the game and we only had 11 seniors being honored for Senior night I believe only two of them were starters along with the kicker. Hell Ole Miss has 14 starters who are Seniors and the one guy that makes them good is not a Senior but is gone to the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I was at the game and we only had 11 seniors. At least that all they honored. Hell Ole Miss has 14 starters who are Seniors and the one guy that makes them good is gone to the NFL.
    Exactly. Experience matters. A LOT. It's why most analytics that predict season outcomes take experience and returning production as a major factor. And why those analytics are likely to be very favorable to us the next two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Exactly. Experience matters. A LOT. It's why most analytics that predict season outcomes take experience and returning production as a major factor. And why those analytics are likely to be very favorable to us the next two years.
    It's a huge factor in predicting success in cfb unles you're one of those 4-5 that just reload.

vCash
    Excellent point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Sounds like a travesty
    Sounds like you got your feelings hurt because I didn?t agree with you about Robertson and Greek.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Excellent point.
    I hope this proves true. My biggest concern, though is OL. Losing 3 starters, 1 being a projected top 10 draft pick will be difficult to replace. We need to fortify the front line if we expect for our offense to run smoothly

vCash
    Not really. If you take the last 3 signing classes from those schools, the average recruiting class is:

MSU-26
    Arkansas- 25
    OM- 24
    How do things look after you factor in the transfer portal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    How do things look after you factor in the transfer portal?
    Impossible to know really. Outside of Makai Polk, the portal hasn't been so nice to us. But as of now, portal transfers haven't factored into the rankings.

vCash
    Name all the guys here with less than two years in our system. We aren't inexperienced really. Not at game 12 of year two. If two years isn't good, then Juco is pretty worthless I guess. We're going after those guys for experience.
    Our problem is poor talent on the OL, LB/DE, and S, K, P. Our depth isn't good. Mullen and Moorhead left gaps & sanctions hurt. Will isn't completely there yet. I'll cut him a little slack. He's still got work to do and experience would help him. Got a couple guys that need to mature too. But inexperience really isn't the biggest problem.

vCash
    We changed offenses and defenses 3 times in those years. We have no identity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Recruiting. Those schools recruit better than State. It was obvious last night.

Hell, Moorhead signed a safety that didn't like to tackle and not even the best player on his HS defense. (No longer on the roster)
    It appeared to me we had two or three D/B's last night that didn't want to tackle.

vCash
    We also had a much more drastic change in philosophy than the other two. That's a big factor as well. We went from a run first spread team to the Air Raid. We also were way behind in S&C until Leach came in. That is a big factor a lot of fans forget.
    I believe this is the answer. The others tweaked what they were doing not total changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I hope this proves true. My biggest concern, though is OL. Losing 3 starters, 1 being a projected top 10 draft pick will be difficult to replace. We need to fortify the front line if we expect for our offense to run smoothly
    I don't like using names but losing Lashley is a plus.

vCash
    Impossible to know really. Outside of Makai Polk, the portal hasn't been so nice to us. But as of now, portal transfers haven't factored into the rankings.
    Our transfers for the most part are starters.

vCash
    Arkansas and Ole Miss haven't left us behind. That's about as dumb as saying we've left Auburn and A&M behind because we beat them this year. The SEC this year was much more like the 1990s than it has been over the past 2 decades. On any given weekend all but 3 teams had games that were toss ups - Bama, UGA, and Vandy. Ole Miss happened to win more of their toss ups but their talent profile isn't that different than ours. They were a lot like our '99 team where everything went our way - including a huge come form behind at Auburn, and a lucky Tip, kick, pick that resulted in a game winning FG. Without those, that '99 team is just another MSU 8 win team. Meanwhile, we were a lot like our '13 team - where we just weren't quite ready for prime time but you saw the flashes of talent that would make the '14 season.

Hopefully next year our team has learned from the mistakes and gets the kinks out. Ole Miss will be dealing with losing a talented Senior class and replacing a talented QB. Arkansas will be in the same spot. Will we beat them? I have no idea. I do know that looking at our schedule again next year we have 10 winnable games - and only Bama and UGA stand out as teams that we will like have no chance against.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Arkansas and Ole Miss haven't left us behind. That's about as dumb as saying we've left Auburn and A&M behind because we beat them this year. The SEC this year was much more like the 1990s than it has been over the past 2 decades. On any given weekend all but 3 teams had games that were toss ups - Bama, UGA, and Vandy. Ole Miss happened to win more of their toss ups but their talent profile isn't that different than ours. They were a lot like our '99 team where everything went our way - including a huge come form behind at Auburn, and a lucky Tip, kick, pick that resulted in a game winning FG. Without those, that '99 team is just another MSU 8 win team. Meanwhile, we were a lot like our '13 team - where we just weren't quite ready for prime time but you saw the flashes of talent that would make the '14 season.

Hopefully next year our team has learned from the mistakes and gets the kinks out. Ole Miss will be dealing with losing a talented Senior class and replacing a talented QB. Arkansas will be in the same spot. Will we beat them? I have no idea. I do know that looking at our schedule again next year we have 10 winnable games - and only Bama and UGA stand out as teams that we will like have no chance against.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

Good post. Everything is cyclical. Not sure where everyone got this idea of years of domination by one school over another other than Bama & GA winning against everyone else and Vandy losing to everyone else. It's like the lottery any given year. Throw in a bunch of balls and the numbers that come out vary year-to-year.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Arky passed us because we had a toss up PI and missed a straight 40 yd FG

vCash
    We’re passing both next year.

Ark and OM hired coaches that ran offenses that fit the talent on campus and was similar to what they already ran. We made a long term investment while they went with styles that would work quick. And OM had a 1st rd QB on campus.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More