Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln Riley

vCash
    The names I’m seeing as possible q b replacements for Corrall is going to lead to a big drop off. If he sticks around and goes 6-6 it’s going to really cool off his name being mentioned for top jobs. He knows this, which is why I still think he may look to bolt depending on what he has coming in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Apparently Riley isn't taking the LSU job. I thought it was a dumb move anyway with OK heading to the SEC.
    It didn't make sense to me either. Unless there was something going on behind the scenes at Oklahoma I didn't know about or he was just trying to get a raise.

vCash
    Lot of chatter on Reddit with the LSU folks saying Bill O?Brien is top guy now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I don't know if I like this one or not. Did a pretty good job at penn st considering.

vCash
    O'Brien would be a safe hire but he won't scare the rest of the sec.

vCash
    LOL if LSU hires BOB.

They just don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    LOL if LSU hires BOB.

They just don't get it.
    I don't really see it happening.

vCash
    O'Brien would be an underwhelming hire - and I think he'd be gone in 3 years. We should hope this rumor is true.

vCash
    I wonder if lsu is starting to hit that Tennessee syndrome. The rotating head coach every 3 years trying to recapture the magic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I wonder if lsu is starting to hit that Tennessee syndrome. The rotating head coach every 3 years trying to recapture the magic
    Let’s hope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VandelayIndustries View Post
    Let?s hope
    Just theorizing probably crazy but some of these blue bloods are trying so hard to be bama that the expectations are becoming so unrealistic a lot of great coaches ain't gonna take it on. That's where I came up with Tennessee syndrome. After fullmer they've spent 2 decades trying to reproduce it and can't and just keep shuffling through mediocre coaches, because the good ones don't want it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    O'Brien would be an underwhelming hire - and I think he'd be gone in 3 years. We should hope this rumor is true.
    My opinion also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Just theorizing probably crazy but some of these blue bloods are trying so hard to be bama that the expectations are becoming so unrealistic a lot of great coaches ain't gonna take it on. That's where I came up with Tennessee syndrome. After fullmer they've spent 2 decades trying to reproduce it and can't and just keep shuffling through mediocre coaches, because the good ones don't want it.
    Bama was the originator of "chasing the legend of Bama" during the 24 years between the Bear and Satan. They averaged a new coach every 4 years. Yeah, Stallings won a Natty and had them in the SEC title game every year - but it was never enough for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Bama was the originator of "chasing the legend of Bama" during the 24 years between the Bear and Satan. They averaged a new coach every 4 years. Yeah, Stallings won a Natty and had them in the SEC title game every year - but it was never enough for them.
    Seems to have worked out for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't know if I like this one or not. Did a pretty good job at penn st considering.
    Compared to Lincoln Riley I'm good with it. I didn't expect them to hire a Sylvester Croom.

vCash
    Until the next quarter century after Saban leaves.

vCash
    Yeah, because they eventually found someone better than the Bear - which not every program will do.

I'd love to have Bama spend a quarter century wandering around in the wilderness and letting us get 7 wins against them again. The SEC was a lot more fun that way. If LSU continues down that path, it will make the west more fun as well.

vCash
    Please please please. He sucks

Banned
    vCash
    Riley to LSU was a troll job.

Riley to USC has actual legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    LOL if LSU hires BOB.

They just don't get it.
    There's just no way.