Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lane: They Don?t even come close to following the rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amen to that. It need to at very least cost a timeout or if you're out of timeouts a 5 yard penalty. The official rule is unsportsmanlike conduct and 15 yards but like I said ain't nobody enforcing it so it's useless. I've seen it enforce maybe 1 or 2 times and that was in the big 10.
    Since you can?t prove it, I?d say the biggest deterrent would be that the player is required to leave the playing field for 3 plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Since you can?t prove it, I?d say the biggest deterrent would be that the player is required to leave the playing field for 3 plays.
    I'd bump it up to the whole series. I mean seeing as how we're all concerned about player safety in college and the nfl(sarcasm).

I like you're idea.

vCash
    Actually it is illegal to fake injury but it's not enforced because how do you prove it. However they need to do like the nfl. At least in last 2 minutes of a half if there's an injury you have to use a timeout.
    It is a dead ball unsportsmanlike, auto first down or half the distance depending on field position. But if it?s chronic like it is at shithead U then it?s plainly a time for the conference to grow a pair. If you call bullshit, the officials know what?s going on, and flag that ass it will come to an end. But this is going to take the administrations to speak up to the conference office and the word to come down from there for that to happen.

Edit to add it would have real teeth if the foul not only carried a 15 yard mark off and first down but also the offending player was ejected. That would bring it to a halt.
    Last edited by Coursesuper; 11-26-2021 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    It is a dead ball unsportsmanlike, auto first down or half the distance depending on field position. But if it?s chronic like it is at shithead U then it?s plainly a time for the conference to grow a pair. If you call bullshit, the officials know what?s going on, and flag that ass it will come to an end. But this is going to take the administrations to speak up to the conference office and the word to come down from there for that to happen.
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
    Also Lane is not the only coach on that team that lacks class! Their defensive coordinator was smiling on the sideline on both of the targeting calls last night. Smiling as if he was proud that his players were attempting to hurt our players. And don?t give me that crud it?s just a football play and no harm intent was implied.
    Same coach got fired for running a kid to death at Maryland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Same coach got fired for running a kid to death at Maryland
    That?s the one.

vCash
    This is a great example of when a teacher has to implement a rule that makes the whole classroom suffer when it's just one spoiled brat that never had a spanking to teach them at home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    Regarding State fans on cowbells.

But his injury antics are all ok. There?s a reason Greg McElroy said ?This is a total lack of sportsmanship? regarding the phantom injuries.
    Just got in from the Thanksgiving trip, but watched the game last night. The head coach should be fined heavily - maybe $100K - for every momentum-killing fake injury. That's of any school, not just Ole Miss. Lane was actually chuckling at the last one that was meaningless. It's totally unethical, not just a lack of sportsmanship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I?m telling you Kiffin is a real douche
    I know it's ok with everyone here but those girls he dates are the same age at every school while he's getting older.

vCash
    Definitely. Amazing to me om had no offensive players go down with cramps lol. I counted 8 times last night om defensive players went down with
    "Cramps", probably menstrual.
    I can see how they would get cramps. Considering how hot it was last night they easily got dehydrated. **

vCash
    Actually it is illegal to fake injury but it's not enforced because how do you prove it. However they need to do like the nfl. At least in last 2 minutes of a half if there's an injury you have to use a timeout.
    That's correct. What they should do is assume it's fake, then require them (the offending team) to prove it's a real injury. Or perhaps make the player sit out a half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Just got in from the Thanksgiving trip, but watched the game last night. The head coach should be fined heavily - maybe $100K - for every momentum-killing fake injury. That's of any school, not just Ole Miss. Lane was actually chuckling at the last one that was meaningless. It's totally unethical, not just a lack of sportsmanship.
    How do you prove it?

vCash
    Unfortunately, it?s completely legal. If it helps you win, and you?re willing to blatantly look that bad, I can?t fault the move. It sucks, but until its actually frowned upon, it?s part of the game.
    No its not part of the game. It was an obvious fake, players looked to the sidelines for the signal to go down. Delay of game is the penalty. Just like faking the snap count, wrong too.

Problem is, it is hard to prove someone is doing it but the replay showed it plain as day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The games I've been to this year. Fans have been respectful of the bell rule. However last night it was obvious many people were ringing bells well past the center over the ball.
    Yes, and that's typical in the OM game, but the rest of the games the rule followed reasonably closely. The rule is sort of overlooked by fans in that game. I believe Kiffin says he found them irritating - well, they're supposed to be irritating. I'm not a huge fan of cowbells, but since we're allowed to use them, might as well make them useful.

vCash
    How do you prove it?
    Where in a call that?s not reviewable is there a burden of prof? Is a football game not a court of law. The officiating crews know exactly what going on they just don?t have yet balls to make yet call.

vCash
    How do you prove it?
    When it's convenient for the offending team, and pretty obvious - make them prove it's a real injury. Then remove the fine if it can be proven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Where in a call that?s not reviewable is there a burden of prof? Is a football game not a court of law. The officiating crews know exactly what going on they just don?t have yet balls to make yet call.
    You're right official's absolutely know what's going on. Heck everyone knows it. Kiffin over there on the sideline laughing about it. Maybe the conference will do something about it but I doubt it. I can see it becoming rampant throughout the conference now that one team is blatantly abusing it.

vCash
    How do you prove it?
    If a player is in his stance then falls to the turf that should be an unsportsmanlike penalty plus a charged timeout. Nothing has to be proven. If it happens you get penalized.

vCash
    If they do that to bama I betcha the rule gets enforced

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If a player is in his stance then falls to the turf that should be an unsportsmanlike penalty plus a charged timeout. Nothing has to be proven. If it happens you get penalized.
    If one is to levy fines and penalties, one must be able to prove. Leveraging penalties anytime a player falls to the turf is not acceptable in a physical game. Cramps do happen. I see this tactic all the time in soccer, too. It sucks, but you can?t prove that a player is or isn?t cramping. Therefore, it is unenforceable, and actions must be taken to deter the behavior.