Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Our Coach Is The Worst Coach in Rival Games Edition

vCash
    When you are at the fifteen it doesn’t matter if you run it in or pass it in. The fact that wide receivers dropped three wide open easy touchdowns means the right play was called, the execution was very poor.

They choked. We lack maturity and mental toughness.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Exactly. Both things can be correct.
    Yep and they are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep and they are.
    Indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    When you are at the fifteen it doesn’t matter if you run it in or pass it in. The fact that wide receivers dropped three wide open easy touchdowns means the right play was called, the execution was very poor.

They choked. We lack maturity and mental toughness.
    They didn’t choke. 7 didn’t find the ball quick enough on the ball that bounced off his helmet. Because of the wet conditions- we dropped the other two. Griffin’s ball was high and the wet conditions made it a tougher catch. On the 1st play- 7 let the ball get to his wet forearm and it skipped on thru.

They were leaving the middle wide open to run the ball. It’s an easier, safer way in wet conditions to gain ground. It’s pretty simple. Throwing the ball 58 times in the rain is not going to win many games. It’s pretty simple logic and not hard to grasp unless you just want to be obstinate.

We’ve had problems kicking all year. It’s to be expected. Especially in the rain when it’s harder for footing and the ball is heavier for retaining water. Mississippi ran the ball more effectively and got TD’s. We didn’t and got FG attempts. It’s not rocket surgery
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Indeed.
    A good season with lots of progress and lots of promise for the future, with a big ol turd at the end. Glad we got a bowl game to get more reps and get another win to get momentum for next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Just when Leach starts to suck me in......
    +1
    I feel the same way!

vCash
    We played the #9 team in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    A good season with lots of progress and lots of promise for the future, with a big ol turd at the end. Glad we got a bowl game to get more reps and get another win to get momentum for next year.
    I'd say the season was an improvement. Last night was bad we didn't run the ball with the weather and their extra wide splits on defense. The better team won last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I'd say the season was an improvement. Last night was bad we didn't run the ball with the weather and their extra wide splits on defense. The better team won last night.
    Yep definite improvement this year. We had our chances last night and didn't take advantage when we could've. Can't do that against good teams and they didn't miss on theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They didn?t choke. 7 didn?t find the ball quick enough on the ball that bounced off his helmet. Because of the wet conditions- we dropped the other two. Griffin?s ball was high and the wet conditions made it a tougher catch. On the 1st play- 7 let the ball get to his wet forearm and it skipped on thru.

They were leaving the middle wide open to run the ball. It?s an easier, safer way in wet conditions to gain ground. It?s pretty simple. Throwing the ball 58 times in the rain is not going to win many games. It?s pretty simple logic and not hard to grasp unless you just want to be obstinate.

We?ve had problems kicking all year. It?s to be expected. Especially in the rain when it?s harder for footing and the ball is heavier for retaining water. Mississippi ran the ball more effectively and got TD?s. We didn?t and got FG attempts. It?s not rocket surgery
    So they dropped all three tds because the rain ? Is that why we missed two field goals too ? Why didn?t the rain affect ole miss receivers ?

I think there was an obvious mental focus problem. Lack of execution, young players on the big stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    We played the #9 team in the country.
    Just like in 2014 when they played the #4 team in the country at home

vCash
    Just like in 2014 when they played the #4 team in the country at home
    It's funny how it went from "Ole Miss is overrated, we'll win easily" to "what do you expect -- they're a top 10 team."

vCash
    8. Onside kicking with 7:30 left in the game when we had just scored and gotten some momentum was absolutely stupid. The onside kick is a low percentage play- especially when the other teams know you are doing it. The surprise onside is the only reason the recover number is as high as it is compared to attempts. You had to give your D one more chance with 7-plus mins left. Terrible call.

This made zero sense to me. Really, really bad decision. I wasn't even thinking about an onside kick and was like WTH?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    We should have had at least 21 points in the first half. Would have been up 21-10 at the least and all the momentum.
    TSUN could smell blood after that half time stop with us dropping the ball, missing FG.

I thought missing that corner throw with Polk was just as huge early one. Would have been 10-3, and momentum for sure.
    Corral at that point was impatient, and being behind would have only made him worse.
    I agree that missing that corner throw to Polk, wide open, was a killer. Rogers doesn't usually miss like that. 2 missed F/G's, dropped 3 TD's at the end of of the first half, terrible tackling by our D/B's. Just wasn't our night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    So they dropped all three tds because the rain ? Is that why we missed two field goals too ? Why didn?t the rain affect ole miss receivers ?

I think there was an obvious mental focus problem. Lack of execution, young players on the big stage.
    Mississippi had a couple of drops also- one of a big 3rd down that killed a drive

vCash

7. The better QB won last night. They both spin it pretty well. Coral threw it just a little better in the bad conditions sans the bad decision on the Jett pick- but the real difference is Coral can make plays with his legs. That?s a big factor in today?s football. Carr did it a few times yesterday to the Cowboys in big situations. Coral did it to us. Having a statue at QB is slowly being phased out of the game at higher levels. Our QB nearly hurt himself when he tried to run. He did have a nice 14 yard rumble and slide in the 2nd half which got him to 4 yards rushing for the game.
    Out of all the points, the absolute biggest issue I have is #7. I don't care if we throw it 55 times a game but why in the world Leach doesn't look for someone with some mobility is beyond me.

Will looks like Peyton Manning when he runs. That can't happen. We've got to have that added dimension to take the legs of the QB and beat some of the drop 8 when we are covered.

That was absolutely the game changer for ON last night. We actually played pretty well on the back end. But Corral used his legs to get out of busted or well covered plays a ton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    8. Onside kicking with 7:30 left in the game when we had just scored and gotten some momentum was absolutely stupid. The onside kick is a low percentage play- especially when the other teams know you are doing it. The surprise onside is the only reason the recover number is as high as it is compared to attempts. You had to give your D one more chance with 7-plus mins left. Terrible call.

This made zero sense to me. Really, really bad decision. I wasn't even thinking about an onside kick and was like WTH?
    Yea ... that was dumb and I was wondering myself WTF Leach was thinking there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post

It's who Leach is, it was kinda surprising and not a good call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Out of all the points, the absolute biggest issue I have is #7. I don't care if we throw it 55 times a game but why in the world Leach doesn't look for someone with some mobility is beyond me.

Will looks like Peyton Manning when he runs. That can't happen. We've got to have that added dimension to take the legs of the QB and beat some of the drop 8 when we are covered.

That was absolutely the game changer for ON last night. We actually played pretty well on the back end. But Corral used his legs to get out of busted or well covered plays a ton.
    I'd probably say more like Brady than Peyton. Either one tho have won a shitload of NFL games. And Brady still is.

vCash
    Mississippi had a couple of drops also- one of a big 3rd down that killed a drive
    Yeah they had 4 drops total although there's wasn't in the end zone. Did kill one drive as you said and Mingo had nothing but grass in front of him too.