Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Our Coach Is The Worst Coach in Rival Games Edition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    vCash
    The write-ups are longer and the coffee is stronger when we lose because that's all that some on this board care about. Being right.

It's interesting to note that your write-up only talks about plays that happened once OM took the lead. Don't give me the Cowboys game was still on excuse. I was at AT&T and watched every snap of the Egg Bowl on my phone because we have the technology and the service is good enough.

The back-breaking was three-fold. The TD drive for OM in the first half followed our first missed FG. Whether you want to blame the 3rd & 7 / 2nd & 22 conversions on holding or not is up to you. Scott Lashley should have paid attention and adapted. Dak said postgame it's what the Cowboys didn't do, adapt to reffing. Regardless, the 3rd & 8 run that same drive was more inexcusable. Then 3rd & 1 from the 6, we let them run it up the middle 4 times and score. That can't happen. Not when we've talked about having such a stout run defense.

Then the next offensive drive for us, feinting injuries for Ole Miss reared it's head. There's no rule against it, so we should have known that bush league strategy was coming. And then we turn around and drop 3 passes (idc what you say about this offense. 3 straight red zone plays were TDs and we flat dropped them.) And of course it capped it off with a missed FG.

All 3 phases of the game failed absolutely royally there. Then mentally we quit and didn't try until Jett Johnson got lucky Corral got lax. Say what you will, but this team has a young team problem of quitting when they get punched in the mouth and things don't go their way. The buck falls on Leach with that; however, that is a vast improvement over the last 3 years in that regard. Take another step forward here next year and 10-2 is on the table for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    The write-ups are longer and the coffee is stronger when we lose because that's all that some on this board care about. Being right.

It's interesting to note that your write-up only talks about plays that happened once OM took the lead. Don't give me the Cowboys game was still on excuse. I was at AT&T and watched every snap of the Egg Bowl on my phone because we have the technology and the service is good enough.

The back-breaking was three-fold. The TD drive for OM in the first half followed our first missed FG. Whether you want to blame the 3rd & 7 / 2nd & 22 conversions on holding or not is up to you. Scott Lashley should have paid attention and adapted. Dak said postgame it's what the Cowboys didn't do, adapt to reffing. Regardless, the 3rd & 8 run that same drive was more inexcusable. Then 3rd & 1 from the 6, we let them run it up the middle 4 times and score. That can't happen. Not when we've talked about having such a stout run defense.

Then the next offensive drive for us, feinting injuries for Ole Miss reared it's head. There's no rule against it, so we should have known that bush league strategy was coming. And then we turn around and drop 3 passes (idc what you say about this offense. 3 straight red zone plays were TDs and we flat dropped them.) And of course it capped it off with a missed FG.

All 3 phases of the game failed absolutely royally there. Then mentally we quit and didn't try until Jett Johnson got lucky Corral got lax. Say what you will, but this team has a young team problem of quitting when they get punched in the mouth and things don't go their way. The buck falls on Leach with that; however, that is a vast improvement over the last 3 years in that regard. Take another step forward here next year and 10-2 is on the table for us.
    Good post

I see the same thing. Much of it is mental.

Rather than be focused on the game and playing with determination, we looked like a deer in the headlights who really got shook up and didn’t believe in ourselves. That’s what you see with freshman who have never been there before. Look on the other side of the ball.....ole miss has mostly seniors on defense, Williams, Campbell, grad transfers and senior safety’s. They are a grizzled veteran team.

We are young, not mentally tough and just choked on the big stage. Yea the coach’s have to get em prepared to play but there’s an,old football saying , the best thing about freshman is they will be sophomores.

And the narrative that Matt Corrall,is just another q b is a joke, There is not a. Tougher matchup in the country because of his legs. He is a better runner at q b than I’ve seen in a while. 3rdmand long, 4th and long and he runs for twenty just breaks your back.

One other th8ng is, as much as I like will, there will be a qbs who have strong arms and can avoid the sack that will add new dimensions to the air raid. Locke will be a guy that will have a very high ceiling.