1. First of all- I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving minus the game. Food was ridiculous here as I cooked bacon wraps with thinly sliced ribeye, stuffed jalape?os and zucchini, my famous chicken and dressing...then we also had a couple of turkeys and all the fixings. The old ex in-laws were glad to have me back. I?m sure most of you had great food as well. ?Merica

2. We have the worst coach in rivalry games in the country. 0 for his last 9. It?s hard to be that bad in rivalry games unless your rival is Bama. And even Auburn or LSU can?t do it.

3. We?ve been pretty lucky with the weather this year. Last night that luck ran out. You aren?t going to win very often throwing the ball 58 times in the rain. You are going to have drops. Bad passes that slip. Fewer good catches because WR?s can?t get the grip they need. November is usually bad weather month and we had a very mild one. We shall see what next Nov has in store

4. aGAIN I say- it should worry everyone that our coaching staff believes that Lashley is one of our 5 best offensive linemen. We ran him out there week after week- so our coaches think that. And we knew they were going to sic #7 on him too. When you don?t have a viable run threat to make a quality pass rusher play the run at all- that?s what you get.

5. The drops at the end of the half could have changed momentum- but there is no guarantee we would have done any better afterward. They had us game planned very well and outplayed us. Their pass D was on us all night long. Obviously a dry field would have made a difference- but it is what it is.

6. Mississippi didn?t do anything new offensively and after 2 weeks of prep we didn?t defend it well. We were confused and it showed. On one play they orbit motioned the WR to the right and ran the ball to the left. We had 2 LB?s running toward the right while the RB is gashing us left. Just awful. OM ran the ball 44 times- which what you have to do in that kind of weather.

7. The better QB won last night. They both spin it pretty well. Coral threw it just a little better in the bad conditions sans the bad decision on the Jett pick- but the real difference is Coral can make plays with his legs. That?s a big factor in today?s football. Carr did it a few times yesterday to the Cowboys in big situations. Coral did it to us. Having a statue at QB is slowly being phased out of the game at higher levels. Our QB nearly hurt himself when he tried to run. He did have a nice 14 yard rumble and slide in the 2nd half which got him to 4 yards rushing for the game.

8. Onside kicking with 7:30 left in the game when we had just scored and gotten some momentum was absolutely stupid. The onside kick is a low percentage play- especially when the other teams know you are doing it. The surprise onside is the only reason the recover number is as high as it is compared to attempts. You had to give your D one more chance with 7-plus mins left. Terrible call.

9. Some of guys that could leave didn?t do thru Sr day and that was good to hear. I wasn?t surprised Heath did.

10. Keep recruiting. This class is making a climb in the rankings. Got to find a couple of OL guys in the portal. Roster numbers have to fit so look for some roster changeover of course. And of course- the coaching carousel begins tomorrow night. Dominoes will start falling which will influence recruiting and the portal.

Anything ****ing year of hearing the Shitbirds squawk. Ugh. Hail State