Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Our Coach Is The Worst Coach in Rival Games Edition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I'd probably say more like Brady than Peyton. Either one tho have won a shitload of NFL games. And Brady still is.
    Yeah but those guys are fewer and fewer. Look at today’s QB’s in the NFL- most of them are somewhat mobile.

Dak
    Jackson
    Mahomes
    Allen
    Rodgers
    Herbert
    Hurts
    Burrow
    Wilson

It’s now the norm that your QB can move in the NFL.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yeah they had 4 drops total although there's wasn't in the end zone. Did kill one drive as you said and Mingo had nothing but grass in front of him too.
    Ole Miss executed we did not. The ball,should never hit you in the face mask. The drops were inexcusable. And yes it sucked the life out of our team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Ole Miss executed we did not. The ball,should never hit you in the face mask. The drops were inexcusable. And yes it sucked the life out of our team.
    I agree, those were missed opportunities that could've changed the whole game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yeah but those guys are fewer and fewer. Look at today’s QB’s in the NFL- most of them are somewhat mobile.

Dak
    Jackson
    Mahomes
    Allen
    Rodgers
    Herbert
    Hurts
    Burrow
    Wilson

It’s now the norm that your QB can move in the NFL.
    Not arguing and I wish Will could run better too. But I wouldn't thumb my nose at a Tom Brady type either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Not arguing and I wish Will could run better too. But I wouldn't thumb my nose at a Tom Brady type either.
    Brady while not being a runner is very mobile inside the pocket and his feet are quick and he's agile, and buys time when needed. Of course he is the goat so that helps lol

vCash
    Will is pretty unique. He has abnormally slow feet and a weak arm. But he can make good quick decisions and run the offense well. I think you have to stay with him because he keeps getting better, but I’ve watched a lot of air raid q bs and his lack of mobility might be the worst. It puts extra pressure on the o,line. He doesn’t ever need to be a runner but he’s got to be able to make a pass rusher Miss on occasion and buy a little time.

Someone like Locke or Sawyer will give you a different look.

vCash
    Brady while not being a runner is very mobile inside the pocket and his feet are quick and he's agile, and buys time when needed. Of course he is the goat so that helps lol
    I agree and believe Will can improve there. Will he ever run like Dak or Fitz ... no. But I think Will can become better in the pocket with more reps and experience too.

vCash
    When you can't bring in consistent OL play to MSU, a non mobile QB makes no sense to me personally, especially if you throw it 50+ times a game.

The two greatest QBs of all time were about the slowest QBs of all time. They made up for it with elite IQ and good OL play. In this offense I think Will has pretty good IQ. If we had Cross and Sharp type guys at all 5 OL positions we could get away with statue QBs. But we don't get that at MSU. Relf, Dak and Fitz were responsible for some of the most memorable rushing TDs we've had over the last 15 years. That mobility element, not reliance but element or piece, could really elevate this offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    When you can't bring in consistent OL play to MSU, a non mobile QB makes no sense to me personally, especially if you throw it 50+ times a game.

The two greatest QBs of all time were about the slowest QBs of all time. They made up for it with elite IQ and good OL play. In this offense I think Will has pretty good IQ. If we had Cross and Sharp type guys at all 5 OL positions we could get away with statue QBs. But we don't get that at MSU. Relf, Dak and Fitz were responsible for some of the most memorable rushing TDs we've had over the last 15 years. That mobility element, not reliance but element or piece, could really elevate this offense.
    If you watched Gardner Minshew, he had an uncanny pocket presence and could feel the rush. Not a running q b but quick feet that was damm hard to sack. That’s a Huge value to a team and takes a lot of pressure off the o line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post

It definitely would give us an extra dimension for sure. I am really interested to see what kind of strides we make over the off season.

vCash
    If you watched Gardner Minshew, he had an uncanny pocket presence and could feel the rush. Not a running q b but quick feet that was damm hard to sack. That’s a Huge value to a team and takes a lot of pressure off the o line.
    Exactly

vCash
    I thought the tone for the game was set on our first drive. Kiffin went for it on 4th down at our 34 and we stopped them. Then our offense didn't make them pay for it and we settled for a fg. Ole Miss's defense gained a lot of confidence on that first drive and our offense never really settled in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Haha- I got censured last night after about my 5th ?RTGDF?. When we were inside the 15 and they showed a beautiful behind the offense view of the 3 man from with extra wide 9?s- and didn?t run- I knew we were unlikely to win. That was on the 3 TD drop possession before half also. That?s the difference in being 7-5 and maybe 10-2 in my opinion. We have to be able to run the ball some. We just do.
    Yep I said it last night. 1st and goal at the 5. 4 downs to get in, we were running it good too. No excuse not to just punch it in. Any football team has to be able to do that. After the redzone debacle the whole first half, that last possession was like the one at Auburn but we chocked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    I thought the tone for the game was set on our first drive. Kiffin went for it on 4th down at our 34 and we stopped them. Then our offense didn't make them pay for it and we settled for a fg. Ole Miss's defense gained a lot of confidence on that first drive and our offense never really settled in.
    Agree. Our D came out with some fire. They kept us in the game the whole first half but our O was MIA.

Question is when will we play 4 quarters of football? Don't think I've seen one yet under Leach.

Banned
    vCash
    With cowboys, Leach and Howland, my turkey was stuffed with shit with a side order of cock samich. Worst TG EVAH.

vCash
    I've seen toddlers more mobile than Rogers. He literally tackled himself trying to walk 4 ft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnodawg View Post
    I've seen toddlers more mobile than Rogers. He literally tackled himself trying to walk 4 ft
    I’m an old man and I don’t think will could outrun me
    Last edited by WhiskeyPirate; 11-26-2021 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Excellent informative post as usual C34....Thanks for your insight......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    Excellent informative post as usual C34....Thanks for your insight......
    He lacked insight when he bet on State to win ---I love MSU as much as anyone but my instinct said ole miss and corral for $500 ALEX.

vCash
    If you watched Gardner Minshew, he had an uncanny pocket presence and could feel the rush. Not a running q b but quick feet that was damm hard to sack. That?s a Huge value to a team and takes a lot of pressure off the o line.
    This. Exactly the point many, including in this thread, have been making all season. Saying you need a "mobile QB" doesn't mean a "running QB". Will needs to work on his footwork and pocket awareness this offseason. He also needs to see the field better underneath, i.e., when he's waiting for something to open up downfield, but there is a red carpet in front of him to easily pick up 8+ yards then slide he should take it. That should be a part of the offense just like RB check down is.