Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Game that be interesting

vCash

Bowl Game that be interesting

Would be us in Liberty or Texas Bowl against Texas Tech. I think or hope Leach would be fired up and maybe the players would play harder for him in this game.

8-5 sounds way better than 7-6 after year 2 in the Leach era.

Gonna be interesting moving forward to see if we lose any coaches, who we may get in the portal and who we lose to the portal.

Lastly, I have bought into the Air Raid can work in the Sec, but in my mind, we must be able to run the ball better, find some speed both in our running backs and wideouts.
    Lord knows please find a field goal kicker and RT!

I do think during the Pirate era we are in the low 5 wins and high 8 wins a year, the problem I see is his history of winning a few games he isn't or should win and same with losing. In other words, a little inconsistent but we are Msu football which leads me to say "We Are a Baseball School"!!!

vCash
    I want to see the offense evolve and Will to not have stretches where he disappears for long stretches. By evolve I mean jet sweeps, more wheel routes, and I want Will to learn when to scramble and basically master the offense.

Defense I think is more of a personnel issue. Get Jordan Davis back and I hope we add at least one more pass rushers from the portal along with some safeties. I'd like to see us rotate more players on defense. More DeMonte Russell and rotate John Lewis and Ty Cooper in at LB some.

Kicker is obviously a personnel issue. Need to find one from the portal and I'm sure we will.

vCash
    No doubt the Air Raid needs some tweaking, and yes, we need a better pass rush with added depth. Year 3 for the Pirate is very interesting moving forward. We were improved over last year but we can't get off to a slow start.

vCash
    Are there people still saying “the air might work in the sec not sure yet” ?

What are you watching ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Are there people still saying “the air might work in the sec not sure yet” ?

What are you watching ?
    There are many who don't think it will work, my point is we need to add to the running game in the Air Raid.

Btw what about the Msu vs TT matchup in the bowl game?

vCash
    It?s worked before. UK with Leach, OM with Longo, and MSU with Leach. I think the question is, does it work well enough to elevate our program. It did at TT and WSU because they were abysmal when CML came in. We were not. I still think it?s a system that takes us a different route to similar destinations.

I could enjoy seeing Leach get ugly on TT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    There are many who don't think it will work, my point is we need to add to the running game in the Air Raid.

Btw what about the Msu vs TT matchup in the bowl game?
    We would boat race tech. We have sec o and d lines that would physically dominate them and we would score at will. Not a close game, blowout.

Despite pooping our pants and looking like deer in the headlights.......when we are on, not many teams in the country are better than us....certainly not Texas tech.

vCash
    We would beat them everywhere except kicker. You see that 62 yarder their kicker hit this year? CML would set our single game records vs TT.
    Why do people think that CML might be reading this and suddenly think- you know, they?re right, we should focus more on the run? The pure AirRaid is CML?s baby and he will go to any length to show that it works the way it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    We would beat them everywhere except kicker. You see that 62 yarder their kicker hit this year? CML would set our single game records vs TT.
    Why do people think that CML might be reading this and suddenly think- you know, they?re right, we should focus more on the run? The pure AirRaid is CML?s baby and he will go to any length to show that it works the way it is.
    He’s adding in run designs now. Leach is willing to tinker and come up with different plays/schemes that would surprise you. He used a tight end one year and it worked really well. He had a 6-5 260 pound Samoan who was a damm good blocker and receiver.

He’s a little limited by personnel now. I think he will modify things for the sec a bit and run designs are part of that. But he’s got plug some holes on the roster.

vCash
    He?s always sprinkled in the run. I admit, he ran more than I thought he would this year, but it?ll never be close to what most of our fans want.

vCash
    Would be us in Liberty or Texas Bowl against Texas Tech. I think or hope Leach would be fired up and maybe the players would play harder for him in this game.

8-5 sounds way better than 7-6 after year 2 in the Leach era.

Gonna be interesting moving forward to see if we lose any coaches, who we may get in the portal and who we lose to the portal.

Lastly, I have bought into the Air Raid can work in the Sec, but in my mind, we must be able to run the ball better, find some speed both in our running backs and wideouts.
    Lord knows please find a field goal kicker and RT!

I do think during the Pirate era we are in the low 5 wins and high 8 wins a year, the problem I see is his history of winning a few games he isn't or should win and same with losing. In other words, a little inconsistent but we are Msu football which leads me to say "We Are a Baseball School"!!!
    I predict lackluster ticket sales for either one of those games. And if it?s Houston it will be abysmal, that?s a horrible date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    He?s always sprinkled in the run. I admit, he ran more than I thought he would this year, but it?ll never be close to what most of our fans want.
    Well there’s going to be a subset that won’t accept a newfangled passing offense that goes for it on fourth down. They want a power I run game or a ball control nfl offense. Well at Texas tech they called them the good old boys, they resisted the air raid. Most were won over with time and wins.

Again, the air raid is a tool that allows a less talented team to beat a more talented team, that’s all. It’s why tech and WSU oiled beat Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon and usc with half the talent. The long view is when you get four star sec athletes to run it, very few teams can match up with you.

A power run game is never going to get you over on the top teams, it’s man vs man talent on talent. It’s a good system for Alabama but a bad system for State.

vCash
    1. Auburn was the 'blueprint' how to win in the SEC.
    2. Better speed at DE, LB, & S .. through portal if not new class
    3. Avoid penalty killing drives and qb sacks
    4. LT added through portal
    5. Replace any 'departing' wr through signing class or portal
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Well there’s going to be a subset that won’t accept a newfangled passing offense that goes for it on fourth down. They want a power I run game or a ball control nfl offense. Well at Texas tech they called them the good old boys, they resisted the air raid. Most were won over with time and wins.

Again, the air raid is a tool that allows a less talented team to beat a more talented team, that’s all. It’s why tech and WSU oiled beat Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon and usc with half the talent. The long view is when you get four star sec athletes to run it, very few teams can match up with you.

A power run game is never going to get you over on the top teams, it’s man vs man talent on talent. It’s a good system for Alabama but a bad system for State.
    Great post! Dead on!

vCash

Again, the air raid is a tool that allows a less talented team to beat a more talented team, that’s all. It’s why tech and WSU oiled beat Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon and usc with half the talent. The long view is when you get four-star sec athletes to run it, very few teams can match up with you.

It's not so much about him running a power game as it is for more sweeps and draws and mixed directions. I good running back can make a huge difference in the air raid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    1. Auburn was the 'blueprint' how to win in the SEC.
    2. Better speed at DE, LB, & S .. through portal if not new class
    3. Avoid penalty killing drives and qb sacks
    4. LT added through portal
    5. Replace any 'departing' wr through signing class or portal
    6. More speed at running back and WR.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    It's not so much about him running a power game as it is for more sweeps and draws and mixed directions. I good running back can make a huge difference in the air raid.
    I think that’s all going to be there. Mixing in runs and running to grind down the defense and to set up the,pass are all vital.

Getting creative and mixing in more runs is a good idea.

I’m talking about your good ol boys that just resent this newfangled passing stuff and hate going for it on fourth down. The power run game guys. Good luck on trying to be Alabama with 3 star players. That’s a formula to go .500 every year.

vCash
    But, what makes you think this? This has never been his MO. He is as pass happy one dimensional as a power run HC is. You?re talking an evolution in a year that hasn?t occurred in the the past 20. Like I?ve stated before, I think the AR will work to an extent, but one dimensional football doesn?t beat elite teams. We are taking a different path that leads to the same spot. I hope that I?m wrong, but I?m not seeing anything that suggests it.

vCash
    How many years have you been watching leach teams ?

vCash
    Well it’s looking like Iowa State in the Texas Bowl.