Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Reason I wouldn't Extend Mike Leach

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    The solution is no extension. He HAS to be made to know what this game means. His demeanor tonight absolutely proves he could care less. His past record in real rivalry games is absolutely damning. WSU may have been fine with beating Washington once in 8 years. Losing to the Confederates 7 out of 8 years HERE, is totally unacceptable. If we don't beat the Confederates next year he HAS to go. Extending his contract this year is a waste of money till he proves he isn't what he has always been.
    Well we're only a quarter of the way there. I do agree he needs to beat them but I'm not going to worry about it until we lose again. Especially given the circumstances. We should be much more experienced and the better team next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Well we're only a quarter of the way there. I do agree he needs to beat them but I'm not going to worry about it until we lose again. Especially given the circumstances. We should be much more experienced and the better team next year.
    I agree. If he doesn't beat them nest year he HAS to go, and he will. When it comes to this game, circumstances really don't matter. You either win it or you don't. Football ain't baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Leach won't beat Ole Miss next year if Kiffin stays. And I think Kiffin stays
    I don't know. Kiffin usually has a couple of good years and then wears out his welcome at some point. Usually that's year three if he hasn't left like he did at Tennessee or piss off Al Davis.

I thought that were pretty vanilla. Lots of orbit motions screens and runs for the most part. The key is they don't turn the ball over. I think tonight was like Corral's third INT all year. That's like a half for Mike Henig. They also have a veteran o-line and that helps a lot too.

vCash
    I don't know. Kiffin usually has a couple of good years and then wears out his welcome at some point. Usually that's year three if he hasn't left like he did at Tennessee or piss off Al Davis.

I thought that were pretty vanilla. Lots of orbit motions screens and runs for the most part. The key is they don't turn the ball over. I think tonight was like Corral's third INT all year. That's like a half for Mike Henig. They also have a veteran o-line and that helps a lot too.
    They turned it over once, we had no turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    They turned it over once, we had no turnovers.
    Correct but I'm speaking of more of the season as a whole rather than one game. Turnovers help you to lose games. We're already pretty good at it ourselves but Ole Miss is better at not turning the ball over than we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    In the last 30 years we've beat om 16 times which means we're almost .500 against each other over that span and that's probably the way it's gonna be for the foreseeable future. I hate om and wish we could win every year but that's not realistic nor is it realistic for them to expect to beat us every year. We're just to evenly matched year in and year out now.
    Guess how long it's been since we lost 3 straight. Guess how long it's been since an OM coach won his first two vs us.
    Leach's offense can win 7 games here and there, but we're going to get a ton of these games. We're lucky we didn't lose to LaTech and AU too. Both games where we fell way behind. Not sure we beat AU if Nix doesn't get hurt. There's definitely concern with Leach and his offense. He doesn't deserve a raise. He does deserve an extension (even if I'd like to punch him in the face right now).
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-26-2021 at 05:54 AM.

vCash
    Some of yall post post dumbest shit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Some of yall post post dumbest shit
    Forrest Gump says, "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    Gonna take some heat for this but here goes

If I'm Cohen I don't give Leach an extension. Reason being, I expect to beat (teams like) Memphis every year. I expect to beat Mississippi every year.

The argument: but we beat A&M and Auburn (I expect to beat UK BTW) this year as upsets.

Rebuttal: we are 50/50 vs A&M and Auburn since 2010ish and I expect to win those half the time. Yes, they were favored but they are always favored. Historically, Since 2010ish we beat them 50% of the time so
    you're keeping pace there.

Argument: it will hurt recruiting

Rebuttal: you could step that up too.

Note: I believe we're heading in the right direction but sometimes you need to draw the line.
    YAWN....go back under your rock!

vCash
    Here Be the two problems with your assessment:
    1. There are multiple P5 jobs open now that would love to have Leach. Texas Tech is gonna throw everything they have at him to get him back (I have solid sources). Don't be an idiot.
    2. Leach is not the reason we lost tonight. We are the youngest team in the league. Period. And we still don't have enough OL to run his scheme. Don't be an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    1. There are multiple P5 jobs open now that would love to have Leach. Texas Tech is gonna throw everything they have at him to get him back (I have solid sources). Don't be an idiot.
    2. Leach is not the reason we lost tonight. We are the youngest team in the league. Period. And we still don't have enough OL to run his scheme. Don't be an idiot.
    Your solid sources did not tell you Tech already hired a coach?

And we lost this game, IMO, because our Qb is still far too inconsistent and we have nothing to turn to when he?s off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Your solid sources did not tell you Tech already hired a coach?

And we lost this game, IMO, because our Qb is still far too inconsistent and we have nothing to turn to when he?s off.
    That’s part of it. Wills physical skill set does leave for a very small margin of error. If he could avoid a sack it would help a lot. He does a good job most of the time but he has a ways to go. Will and the offense just regressed to where they were at the start of the season.

vCash
    So some of y’all are pissed cause we went 7-5, after some of y’all said we wouldn’t win 5 games, and lost to a OM team who is one of their best teams ever, who is going to the Sugar Bowl. Who we had a chance to beat…

Y’all are right…. FIRE Leach*** 17n morons….

Archimedes
    vCash
    Leach will get an extension and a raise. If I were Cohen and I was planning to raise him to 6.5MM I would probably only raise him to 6.2MM and put a 300M bonus on winning the egg bowl.

vCash
    The solution is extension with no raise.
    I want to like this, but I fear that this would be as bad as no extension. Leach looks like he could get petty pretty quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'll tell you what's nuts. Placing a mans career on 1 game no matter what he does prior. You're telling me that being 10-2 and losing to Ole Miss is a fireable offense at MSU. That's absolutely crazy.

Do I want to win this game badly? Absolutely. But if you're context is screw everyone else win this game next year or you're fired no matter what, then I don't know what to tell you.

All of you guys clamoring fire the hell out of everybody usually don't have to do that in real life and don't have to deal with the repercussions of having to do that. You can't just always fire everybody. But some wanted to keep Moorhead because he beat OM even though our program was a dumpster fire. I'll take Leach every day over Moorhead.

If we suck next year and lose the Egg Bowl then this is a different discussion. But don't act like you would really fire a coach that goes 9-3 at MSU with an Egg Bowl loss because you wouldn't.
    The EB say all end all has to stop. Regardless of how it ended last night, Kiffin was getting offered a raise and extension

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Uh Texas Tech hired a coach 2
    Weeks ago. You need better sources.

vCash
    Uh Texas Tech hired a coach 2
    Weeks ago. You need better sources.
    Like I said, 17 morons…

Everyone wants to be the to break news or tell everyone else something…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So some of y’all are pissed cause we went 7-5, after some of y’all said we wouldn’t win 5 games, and lost to a OM team who is one of their best teams ever, who is going to the Sugar Bowl. Who we had a chance to beat…

Y’all are right…. FIRE Leach*** 17n morons….
    It's over reaction Friday.

vCash
    It's over reaction Friday.
    Cowbell talkin' to his "sources".**