Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Reason I wouldn't Extend Mike Leach

vCash
    Here Be the two problems with your assessment:
    1. There are multiple P5 jobs open now that would love to have Leach. Texas Tech is gonna throw everything they have at him to get him back (I have solid sources). Don't be an idiot.
    2. Leach is not the reason we lost tonight. We are the youngest team in the league. Period. And we still don't have enough OL to run his scheme. Don't be an idiot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    LOL, no you wouldn't, not if you live in Mississippi and are old enough to remember what losing to them year after year means. I know you actually mean what you said intellectually. But if you ACTUALLY think that through......Emotionally, esp if you live in Mississippi, you would change your tune long before that happened. REALISTICLY, if that were to happen, it would probably mean much more misery than just 5 straight. They would freaking OWN head to head recruiting in Mississippi if it happened. Your statement is just damn nuts.
    I'll tell you what's nuts. Placing a mans career on 1 game no matter what he does prior. You're telling me that being 10-2 and losing to Ole Miss is a fireable offense at MSU. That's absolutely crazy.

Do I want to win this game badly? Absolutely. But if you're context is screw everyone else win this game next year or you're fired no matter what, then I don't know what to tell you.

All of you guys clamoring fire the hell out of everybody usually don't have to do that in real life and don't have to deal with the repercussions of having to do that. You can't just always fire everybody. But some wanted to keep Moorhead because he beat OM even though our program was a dumpster fire. I'll take Leach every day over Moorhead.

If we suck next year and lose the Egg Bowl then this is a different discussion. But don't act like you would really fire a coach that goes 9-3 at MSU with an Egg Bowl loss because you wouldn't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I'll tell you what's nuts. Placing a mans career on 1 game no matter what he does prior. You're telling me that being 10-2 and losing to Ole Miss is a fireable offense at MSU. That's absolutely crazy.

Do I want to win this game badly? Absolutely. But if you're context is screw everyone else win this game next year or you're fired no matter what, then I don't know what to tell you.

All of you guys clamoring fire the hell out of everybody usually don't have to do that in real life and don't have to deal with the repercussions of having to do that. You can't just always fire everybody. But some wanted to keep Moorhead because he beat OM even though our program was a dumpster fire. I'll take Leach every day over Moorhead.

If we suck next year and lose the Egg Bowl then this is a different discussion. But don't act like you would really fire a coach that goes 9-3 at MSU with an Egg Bowl loss because you wouldn't.
    Agree

vCash
    This is such a bad take. So if he goes 9-3 or 10-2 with a loss to them, no extension? We fire him? Because we were about 6 points away from that being a reality this year.

The amount of ridiculousness that pops up after losses is mind blowing. If we go 5-7 next year but beat Ole Miss, will that make you happier?

People calling for him to never get an extension until he beats Ole Miss have zero clue about how this stuff works. Yeah let's set a precedent! That will teach him to value this game more! Yeah no extension unless you win this game!

I would take 10-2 every year for the next 5 years with Egg Bowl losses every year than 7-5 or 8-4 and we win some Egg Bowls. This game is important, but it's not nearly as important as some of y'all are making it out to be.
    This all day everyday! For us to improve our overall Football Program - it has to be bigger than TSUN. Otherwise we are just who they say we are "Little Brother."

vCash
    So some of y’all are pissed cause we went 7-5, after some of y’all said we wouldn’t win 5 games, and lost to a OM team who is one of their best teams ever, who is going to the Sugar Bowl. Who we had a chance to beat…

Y’all are right…. FIRE Leach*** 17n morons….

Archimedes
    vCash
    Leach will get an extension and a raise. If I were Cohen and I was planning to raise him to 6.5MM I would probably only raise him to 6.2MM and put a 300M bonus on winning the egg bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    1. There are multiple P5 jobs open now that would love to have Leach. Texas Tech is gonna throw everything they have at him to get him back (I have solid sources). Don't be an idiot.
    2. Leach is not the reason we lost tonight. We are the youngest team in the league. Period. And we still don't have enough OL to run his scheme. Don't be an idiot.
    Your solid sources did not tell you Tech already hired a coach?

And we lost this game, IMO, because our Qb is still far too inconsistent and we have nothing to turn to when he?s off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    Your solid sources did not tell you Tech already hired a coach?

And we lost this game, IMO, because our Qb is still far too inconsistent and we have nothing to turn to when he?s off.
    That’s part of it. Wills physical skill set does leave for a very small margin of error. If he could avoid a sack it would help a lot. He does a good job most of the time but he has a ways to go. Will and the offense just regressed to where they were at the start of the season.

vCash
    If this game meant as much as you think it does, Moorhead would still be our coach.

What our program looks like in its entirety is far more important.

Leach in 2 years took the mess Moorhead left us and has turned us into a program that has 3 ranked wins, went undefeated on the road in the SEC, has a team that refuses to quit, and is winning recruiting battles. Plus his sophomore Qb just rewrote every passing record in our school's history and will have him 2nd all time in passing yards in a season in the SEC.

Dude proved it can work here and has a program that's tough and competes every week. It's going to take more than 2 years to undo what Moorhead did. But Leach ha done a hell of a job getting it to where it needs to be. We were picked by basics every major publication to finish last in the west and we played a game tonight that would have given us 2nd place.

Did we mess up this year? Sure. Hopefully we learn from it and see changes in the right spots. But the future is bright under Leach.
    And I will add, I believe Covid really hindered us because the system is so rep dependent and I bet we missed a lot of reps last year.

vCash
    This is such a bad take. So if he goes 9-3 or 10-2 with a loss to them, no extension? We fire him? Because we were about 6 points away from that being a reality this year.

The amount of ridiculousness that pops up after losses is mind blowing. If we go 5-7 next year but beat Ole Miss, will that make you happier?

People calling for him to never get an extension until he beats Ole Miss have zero clue about how this stuff works. Yeah let's set a precedent! That will teach him to value this game more! Yeah no extension unless you win this game!

I would take 10-2 every year for the next 5 years with Egg Bowl losses every year than 7-5 or 8-4 and we win some Egg Bowls. This game is important, but it's not nearly as important as some of y'all are making it out to be.
    If old Liver was AD we would have a new FB coach every two years. In about six to eight years we would be down to Hud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The solution is extension with no raise.
    What about extension with added incentive of 250,000 or what ever if you win the egg?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    Some of yall post post dumbest shit
    Forrest Gump says, "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    What about extension with added incentive of 250,000 or what ever if you win the egg?
    I think the idea of extending without a raise is kind of the incentive. Meet the expectations (win what you're supposed to and beat your rival a reasonable % of the time) and extension plus a raise.

FWIW, a lot of talk in this thread about firing a coach. That was never my intent and if I implied it, I didn't mean to. For me it's about setting clear expectations and not getting caught up in a few feel good wins. It's about standing back, looking at the whole season. I like Todd's idea of extension without a raise better than my original thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The solution is extension with no raise.
    I want to like this, but I fear that this would be as bad as no extension. Leach looks like he could get petty pretty quickly.

vCash

The EB say all end all has to stop. Regardless of how it ended last night, Kiffin was getting offered a raise and extension

vCash
    This is pretty much the best post on ED in like 15.4 months. This team requires patience to build.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by donald igwebuike View Post
    This is pretty much the best post on ED in like 15.4 months. This team requires patience to build.
    Exactly

So much of a coaching transition is what did the roster look like before you take the job and what system did they run. When leach, Pittman, drinkwitz and Kiffin were all being interviewed......I guarantee much of the decision-especially by Kiffin- was what do they have on the roster, how easy and quick is the turnaround going to be. Arkansas was a mess. They got Pittman to take it but leach and Kiffin said no, and IMO it was because they wanted more money to turn around a dumpster fire.

So you have to give them time to implement their system and get their players.

Kiffin would not being doing as well as Pittman at Arkansas IMO. Take Corrall away from ole miss and you’ll start to see a lot of problems with that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Uh Texas Tech hired a coach 2
    Weeks ago. You need better sources.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    So some of y’all are pissed cause we went 7-5, after some of y’all said we wouldn’t win 5 games, and lost to a OM team who is one of their best teams ever, who is going to the Sugar Bowl. Who we had a chance to beat…

Y’all are right…. FIRE Leach*** 17n morons….
    It's over reaction Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Uh Texas Tech hired a coach 2
    Weeks ago. You need better sources.
    Like I said, 17 morons…

Everyone wants to be the to break news or tell everyone else something…