Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOWLAND - please listen

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

HOWLAND - please listen

You have a long athletic team, and you have 10 or so players.

They can not shoot.

PRESS, PLAY D and RUN.

Quit running half court offense, and tell them to run and go to the rim. Think 40 minutes of hell.

Don't let this year turn into last year 2.0.

vCash
    Howland is still stuck in 1980s Big East style of play.

vCash
    This team under no circumstances should ever score less than 60 points. Ever.

Howland is about to waste the best collection of talent we've had in over a decade.

vCash
    Howland sucks. Our hoops program, much like our football program, has a coach that is stuck in the past, and that is why neither will ever win big here. The game has changed.

vCash
    I?m not a Howland fan but its early in the season. Let?s see what he can do with this team before we start the criticism

vCash
    Surprised, I'm not. Just another season to hope for the NIT.

vCash
    If our plan is to turn Brooks into our primary 4 then I'm very concerned.

vCash
    I had a great thanksgiving up until around 730 pm. I'm gonna say last night's was just the universe making me pay for a baseball natty and a braves' WS. Hopefully the total kick in the nuts (egg bowl butt kicking, saints getting destroyed, and basketball reincarnating Rick ray) was enough of a sacrifice, and MBK bounces back today

vCash
    I tried telling some of you guys that Howland would effing blow it. He's a bad coach. He just is. Stansbury part deaux. Good recruiter, poor coach.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We're going to win the NIT this year...........
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Effin howland didn't go undefeated!

Maybe we should at least see us play 5-6 sec games before we make judgements

vCash
    I'm willing to be patient bc we have so many new pieces. Hell, Smith just played his first game last night.

Brooks leading the team in 3-pt attempts (0-5) isn't a winning formula.

Molinar and Moore shot horribly last night, combined 9-29. I think this is sorta flukish.

Before sec play, I have a feeling howland is gonna have to hurt some feelings and start with smith or brooks at the 5. Matthews needs to start imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Effin howland didn't go undefeated!

Maybe we should at least see us play 5-6 sec games before we make judgements
    The reason criticism is warranted is the same reason you worried about lashley blocking 7 earlier in the week. History repeats itself when their are no changes. Anybody that expects (vs hoping) this team to be special is disregarding how bad howeland has coached at times.

vCash
    It was 1 bad shooting game, I wouldn't get too concerned just yet. If it continues then we have issues. But I relate to what some of you are saying, Howland has the most talent he has had at MSU right now... its now or never for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    The reason criticism is warranted is the same reason you worried about lashley blocking 7 earlier in the week. History repeats itself when their are no changes. Anybody that expects (vs hoping) this team to be special is disregarding how bad howeland has coached at times.
    WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER.........

vCash
    I don't think we're a 33% shooting team. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm chalking this one up to a bad night.

vCash
    Truth hurts

vCash
    It?s just another missed opportunity to get fans enthusiastic about the mens basketball program under Howland. At some point you have to show signs of beating teams with a pulse when the spotlight is on you. Otherwise youll have a Humphrey Coliseum that?s half full in February with a border line bubble team

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Surprised, I'm not. Just another season to hope for the NIT.
    We have the worst fans in college basketball. Sure it was a bad loss, but everyone has bad losses in college basketball. Period.

#10 ranked Alabama lost at home last night to Iona.

vCash
    We shot 49% from the field and 38% from three against Morehead, 59% from the field and 50% from three against Detroit, 52% from the field and 50% from three against Montana, and 48% from the field and 33% from three against North Alabama.... I know those teams are lesser competition but we have shooters and scorers on this team.. it was a bad shooting night, it happens, if it continues going forward we have issues but I would chalk this one up as a bad shooting night