Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    If Bama was our rival you'd be 100% correct to be worried, because that's what it was like, talent wise vs UW. If Leach is our coach for a long time he'll win his share of Egg Bowls. Now if Kiffin leaves and OM doesn't get some stud QB from the portal... and we lose again. Well...
    So I should feel BETTER that our rival is much closer in talent than UW was, yet we still got whipped by them at home, and are 0-2 vs them?? Not sure that makes me feel better. Especially considering Kiffin supposedly took over a shit show too, and he's 10-2 and top 10.

vCash
    All I ask is that the coaches put the players in position to win games and have a good game plan.

For the most part I thought we did that tonight although I think we should have run a tad more.

But we missed 4 easy td throw and catches and a couple of times lost contain on the edge on defense. I thought we were flat in the 3rd quarter so I guess you can put that on the coaches and then too many penalties on the Ol again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplayslay View Post
    If you think Washington st and Washington are on the same level I?ve literally got nothing for you.
    How is that helping your argument? Leach is 0-2 versus Kiffin. If they are closer in talent, that's even worse that he's still getting beaten in every rival game. Am I missing something?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    How is that helping your argument? Leach is 0-2 versus Kiffin. If they are closer in talent, that's even worse that he's still getting beaten in every rival game. Am I missing something?
    Yeah you are missing something. The first year we had like what 47 eligible players? And this year we had missed kicks, dropped passes etc that leach can?t do anything about. So yeah you are.

vCash
    Yeah you are missing something. The first year we had like what 47 eligible players? And this year we had missed kicks, dropped passes etc that leach can?t do anything about. So yeah you are.
    Excuses. You are what your record says you are. Leach is 0-9 in his last 9 rivalry games, and 0-2 versus Ole Miss. So yeah, I realize what I'm missing...the excuses.

vCash
    Why don't you, as coach, help Lashley? After all, you're the F'ing coach. Lashley clearly can't block Williams, and Leach does NOTHING to fix it. Guess what, unless we start recruiting at a Top 5 level, we will face many teams with better players in this league, so it can't just be "the players lost it" every time our opponent has a more talented DE than our Tackle. I agree the drops killed us, but the Lashley stuff ain't on Lashley....Leach knew Lashley couldn't block him, and did zero to help "put him in position to succeed".
    It's painfully obvious that Lashley is the best of our worst linemen on the team. If not he'd be on the bench. That's what makes next year's line scary.

vCash
    Excuses. You are what your record says you are. Leach is 0-9 in his last 9 rivalry games, and 0-2 versus Ole Miss. So yeah, I realize what I'm missing...the excuses.
    Oh shit my bad. I forgot leach could kick field goals and catch passes for our guys! Also I think you?re forgetting this is literally Ole Miss? best record in the history of their program. But I?m about to log off. You keep logging on here and posting!

vCash
    Well JoMo was 2-0 vs his last two rivalry games... so with that logic, he's Sabanesque?

vCash
    Oh shit my bad. I forgot leach could kick field goals and catch passes for our guys! Also I think you?re forgetting this is literally Ole Miss? best record in the history of their program. But I?m about to log off. You keep logging on here and posting!
    Again, excuses. That's all those are. Those are Leach's players. This is Leach's team. This is Leach's 9th straight rivalry L. It is what it is.

vCash
    Well JoMo was 2-0 vs his last two rivalry games... so with that logic, he's Sabanesque?
    No. But he was a coach that knew how to beat his rival. This game isn't everything, but it's one that you can't continue to lose at a 100% clip

vCash
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

vCash
    So if you are what your record is then OM is a true top 10 team.

I?m pissed we lost but this is a really, really good OM team that also played very well tonight. I absolutely hate it but they are tough to beat when Lane?s overly aggressive 4th down strategy doesn?t bite them in the butt.

I do agree that you can?t be like Harbaugh and lose all the time to your rival. Next year we should be better than them in talent unless they hit portal lottery jackpot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    So if you are what your record is then OM is a true top 10 team.

I?m pissed we lost but this is a really, really good OM team that also played very well tonight. I absolutely hate it but they are tough to beat when Lane?s overly aggressive 4th down strategy doesn?t bite them in the butt.

I do agree that you can?t be like Harbaugh and lose all the time to your rival. Next year we should be better than them in talent unless they hit portal lottery jackpot
    Yep. It sucks, but they are good. And what sucks the most is their coach has only been there a few years too. They got a better coach, and they've done a better job building their team up, and are now a Top5-10 team while we're 7-5. It sucks

vCash
    I think the thing that concerns me most is that we seemed to play them better last year. After our opening FG following their 4 and out, this one never felt close. When we couldn?t get in the EZ before the half, I felt this one was over. It never felt as close as the score. We were manhandled too much of the time. I think we are getting better, but after tonight, I can?t deny that Durkin has OM much improved with his defense. When healthy, they?ll be hard to handle in a NY6 bowl. If we can?t play physical, we might be in trouble. Will is a good QB, but he?s not made for taking hits.

vCash
    No. But he was a coach that knew how to beat his rival. This game isn't everything, but it's one that you can't continue to lose at a 100% clip
    You're angry and not a big Leach guy (although you did come back to the fold recently), I get it. Leach will be fine against OM. Chips fall a little differently the last two years, full roster, goal line fumble, dropped TD passes, etc..., who knows, could be 2-0. But yes excuses.

But how bout that Auburn game, huh?**

vCash
    If you think Washington st and Washington are on the same level I?ve literally got nothing for you.
    Tru dat. About a minimum of 15 and most years 20 to 25 spots difference in recruiting rankings every year. Some folks just don't understand that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Tru dat. About a minimum of 15 and most years 20 to 25 spots difference in recruiting rankings every year. Some folks just don't understand that.
    I understand it. I also understand that it only hurts their argument, it doesnt help it. It says you have an excuse against Washington, but no excuse to keep losing to Ole Miss. Yet you're 0-2.

vCash
    You're angry and not a big Leach guy (although you did come back to the fold recently), I get it. Leach will be fine against OM. Chips fall a little differently the last two years, full roster, goal line fumble, dropped TD passes, etc..., who knows, could be 2-0. But yes excuses.

But how bout that Auburn game, huh?**
    I am mad, and I'm not a big Leach guy, but I'm also not a big fan of any MSU coach that doesn't beat Ole Miss. And Leach being 0-2, and having a history of losing rivalry games, doesn't help.

And unfortunately the Auburn win doesn't even look good anymore, now that they can't beat anybody all the sudden.

But you're right, I'm really just pissed as hell, so I'll stop. It makes me sick that they hit a homerun with Kiffin after all the shit they did that should have set them back for a decade...yet here they are about to go to the Sugar Bowl while we're back treading mediocrity water like always.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 11-26-2021 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    I am mad, and I'm not a big Leach guy, but I'm also not a big fan of any MSU coach that doesn't beat Ole Miss. And Leach being 0-2, and having a history of losing rivalry games, doesn't help.

And unfortunately the Auburn win doesn't even look good anymore, now that they can't beat anybody all the sudden.
    Well goodnight CD. Tonight sucked for sure but I hope you eat a lot of crow in the upcoming years. And I'm sure you won't mind it at all! We all want the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    I would say it’s much worse than that. WSU has many years a class ranked in the 50s , UW has classes that have hovered around the top 10.

That’s a pretty damm big gap.