Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Players win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Did the painted end zones keep you from seeing our wide open receivers dropping passes that would have resulted in another 14 points big guy?
    Yep, it cost us 1 TD. We lost by 10. Again, it's on Leach to win games. He's paid millions per year to do it. I'm sure there were games against Washington where Wazzu fans said "if _____ had caught that open TD, we win"....but guess what, they Lost then too. And Leach has now lost 8 or 9 straight against his rival. That's not "on the players" when you've failed to deliver a victory over your rival in 9 straight attempts. That is a Leach stat, not a Tulu stat, or a Marks stat, or a Rogers stat. It's a Leach stat. So make excuses all you want, but those drops weren't the only plays in that game, and we had many many chances to overcome them. But at the end of the day, Leach lost to his rival AGAIN. So he may want to rethink his preparation strategy for rivalry games, bc there is a flaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I thought Polk stumbled coming out of the brake and that caused him to be a little short of a well throne ball.

I just watched it, again. Just a little overthrown.
    Yeah I mean just overthrown by a couple inches. That's the difference in wins and losses so many times, those inches. That one scene in Any Given Sunday where Pacino talks about the inches nails it.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    A great speech!

vCash
    Pretty much the game last nigh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Weren't the drop tds on the same drive? I don't count Polk's as a drop... that was a slight overthrow
    Agree with this. We left at a minimum 13 pts on table with that TD and 2 missed FGs. Also, on drive of slight overthrow, I believe Polk also wasn't looking on crossing pattern when Will hit him in elbow. which would've been a 1st and goal I believe.

Also our D giving up that 3rd and 22 or something like that ended up in a their 1st TD drive I believe.

vCash
    When is the last time you saw a P5 team drop 3 wide open gimmes in the end zone ? I never have that I can remember.

If we catch a soft wide open pass even once, and hit the field goals it’s a different game.