Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Well goodnight CD. Tonight sucked for sure but I hope you eat a lot of crow in the upcoming years. And I'm sure you won't mind it at all! We all want the same thing.
    No doubt. I'd love to eat crow, and I'll be the first to own it if it happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I am mad, and I'm not a big Leach guy, but I'm also not a big fan of any MSU coach that doesn't beat Ole Miss. And Leach being 0-2, and having a history of losing rivalry games, doesn't help.

And unfortunately the Auburn win doesn't even look good anymore, now that they can't beat anybody all the sudden.

But you're right, I'm really just pissed as hell, so I'll stop. It makes me sick that they hit a homerun with Kiffin after all the shit they did that should have set them back for a decade...yet here they are about to go to the Sugar Bowl while we're back treading mediocrity water like always.
    Typical, waller around in your feelings after losing to a legit top 10 team. We are the 3rd best team in the west. Unfortunately it is 2nd to Ole Miss and Bama.

Sucks to lose, but can honestly say that this healthy Ole Miss team... will not lose many games. I think we are close and very optimistic about the future. The west was literally "wild wild west" this year. Stiff competition and we finished 3rd. Not bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    Typical, waller around in your feelings after losing to a legit top 10 team. We are the 3rd best team in the west. Unfortunately it is 2nd to Ole Miss and Bama.

Sucks to lose, but can honestly say that this healthy Ole Miss team... will not lose many games. I think we are close and very optimistic about the future. The west was literally "wild wild west" this year. Stiff competition and we finished 3rd. Not bad.
    We are actually likely to finish 5th in the West if A&M beats LSU and Arkansas beats Mizzou, but if saying we're 3rd makes you feel better have at it.

vCash
    We are actually likely to finish 5th in the West if A&M beats LSU and Arkansas beats Mizzou, but if saying we're 3rd makes you feel better have at it.
    Likely, but still up for discussion. We were 1 game away from being 2nd in the west. If I would have told anyone that to start the season I would have been crucified, but here we are throwing temper tantrums about losing the 2nd spot.

Crazy how the season went surprisingly well. Some people can't handle a little success. They start wanting and expecting.

vCash
    That?s just human nature.

vCash
    I understand it. I also understand that it only hurts their argument, it doesnt help it. It says you have an excuse against Washington, but no excuse to keep losing to Ole Miss. Yet you're 0-2.
    I don't think we should have lost this game but I do tend to think young skill players let the moment be too much for them. But ignoring that this isn't 1st time a coach has lost 2 straight to OM. Mullen was 2-4 his last 6 years.

Not sure how this will turn out long term but we do need upgraded talent on OL and DL. Leach and staff gotta go get them. I also think Kiffin inherited a much better, more experienced roster than Leach did. And Kiffin can coach. Kiffin ain't Matt Luke and Leach didn't inherit the #1 D in country and Fitz the Bearshart and Aggie slayer. We got awfully lucky against this mostly same team minus Corral JoMo's 2nd year when we had mostly upper classmen and their guys were Sophs and Frs.

I kinda expected some hits and misses this year and that's what we got. In a way the season actually exceeded my expectations. Not happy about tonight but we sure didn't capitalize on our opportunities ... And we had some.

One thing Leach does have to learn is how to acct for a stud pass rusher. That's twice now one has eaten our lunch.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We are all fans. Short for fanatics. Reason goes out of the window often.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This is a true statement, this was exactly the same thing we saw earlier in the year. The plays were there and they weren?t made.
    You and Homedawg are dead on. The first td we missed to Polk was a beautiful play design and caused om to miss an assignment and will just missed a wide open Polk. Excellent design by Leach but not executed by the players. The 3 drops on the last drive of first half once again beautiful throws by Will but receivers let him down. The plays were there for us to be up by at least 11 at half and players
    didn't execute.

vCash
    Im not ready to discuss the game, but Im just leaving this comment:

Vandy rushed for over 200 yards, we rushed for 84 yards, at home, in a rainstorm.

Someone please come hire Lane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    If Bama was our rival you'd be 100% correct to be worried, because that's what it was like, talent wise vs UW. If Leach is our coach for a long time he'll win his share of Egg Bowls. Now if Kiffin leaves and OM doesn't get some stud QB from the portal... and we lose again. Well...
    Oregon, SC, UCLA, to name a few, had higher ranked classes than Washington for many years from 2010 to 2018. WSU and Leach was able to win more than a few times in that time frame vs Oregon, SC and UCLA.

Jimmy Lake had Leach's number.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Coaches lose games as a rule via message boards. our players flat lost this one. Should have been 21-10 at half.
    This is how I feel also.....you said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I agree Homedawg. CML can't make the plays on the field. Like he told the players, in the Auburn game, if you just execute and make the plays they can't stop us. Well the players didn't execute or make the plays tonight. It has been obvious from day one of CML coming here some on this board want him to fail though, and that's pretty pathetic.
    Yep - there is definitely an agenda by a portion of our fan base that will stir shit to try and remove CML and Cohen. This is what I do know.....I doubt there is anyone on this board that has the clout or money to do a damn thing other than bitch. I know for sure I don't have either one and we are not firing Cohen or Leach anytime soon.....so for those with an agenda just keep bitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigplayslay View Post
    Yeah you are missing something. The first year we had like what 47 eligible players? And this year we had missed kicks, dropped passes etc that leach can?t do anything about. So yeah you are.
    Good Point and if you remember TSUN didn't have any players out with Covid Protocol during last years game. However, the very next day almost the whole team was out with Covid. Yeah, Right@! Blow some more smoke and lay down with fake ass cramp during our drives..........bush league and we all know there is nothing they will not do - I mean nothing.
    Last edited by DAWG1903; 11-26-2021 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG1903 View Post
    Yep - there is definitely an agenda by a portion of our fan base that will stir shit to try and remove CML and Cohen. This is what I do know.....
    Conspiracy theorist. Maybe there are people that want to talk MSU sports and have different views than you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Conspiracy theorist. Maybe there are people that want to talk MSU sports and have different views than you.
    So, you are telling me that there isn't a portion of our fan base that wants to see Leach and Cohen removed? And you are certainly welcome to your thought and opinions....so as you mentioned we just have different views.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWG1903 View Post
    So, you are telling me that there isn't a portion of our fan base that wants to see Leach and Cohen removed? And you are certainly welcome to your thought and opinions....so as you mentioned we just have different views.
    Doesn't matter. I'm sure there are some small minority Alabama fans that want Saban gone. No coach is going to make everyone 100% happy.

As it is Leach is our coach and people that don't like him enough to want him gone are in the minority. That said, the reality is he is going to have to beat Ole Miss some or he will be in hot water here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Doesn't matter. I'm sure there are some small minority Alabama fans that want Saban gone. No coach is going to make everyone 100% happy.

As it is Leach is our coach and people that don't like him enough to want him gone are in the minority. That said, the reality is he is going to have to beat Ole Miss some or he will be in hot water here.
    You are probably right and I do think Leach will win some Egg Bowls.

vCash
    I didn't say trade them. I'm saying it's Leach's responsibility to win games. No excuses. He lost, y'all quit making excuses.
    Did the painted end zones keep you from seeing our wide open receivers dropping passes that would have resulted in another 14 points big guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Did the painted end zones keep you from seeing our wide open receivers dropping passes that would have resulted in another 14 points big guy?
    Weren't the drop tds on the same drive? I don't count Polk's as a drop... that was a slight overthrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You and Homedawg are dead on. The first td we missed to Polk was a beautiful play design and caused om to miss an assignment and will just missed a wide open Polk. Excellent design by Leach but not executed by the players. The 3 drops on the last drive of first half once again beautiful throws by Will but receivers let him down. The plays were there for us to be up by at least 11 at half and players
    didn't execute.
    I thought Polk stumbled coming out of the brake and that caused him to be a little short of a well throne ball.

I just watched it, again. Just a little overthrown.
    Last edited by Percho; 11-26-2021 at 10:40 AM.