Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: That?s 0-2 Pirate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Yeah we are trending up, we have fans that say so even if we lose. 7-5 is now the goal.

That kind of logic making decisions at MSU is why we will never win. Probably why it took so long in baseball too.
    No. But 7-8 wins is the realistic next step when installing a completely new system. We went from the most anemic offense in college football to one of the most prolific this year. If you can?t see that your just willfully blind and emotionally unstable. We did all of that with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Next year we need to take another step (which is a FLOOR of 7 wins and a win over Ole Miss or 9 wins). You build a program. I know it hurts some of y?all?s delicate feelings that Ole Miss is good this year but they have a very good senior QB and upperclassman team and their offense isn?t that different from what they have run for the past 4 years.

Settle the **** down.

vCash
    If 6 to 8 wins with some head scratching losses are your thing, you'll love Leach. If you want to do more, well, you're out of luck. Leach is the least committed coach to growing a program. And maybe I should throw that on the AD really. It's all about his offense and nothing else. He doesn't want more staff or an IPF. He just wants to keep it all simple. Not a fan of that. We need vision in our athletic dept in a bad way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    No. But 7-8 wins is the realistic next step when installing a completely new system. We went from the most anemic offense in college football to one of the most prolific this year. If you can?t see that your just willfully blind and emotionally unstable. We did all of that with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. Next year we need to take another step (which is a FLOOR of 7 wins and a win over Ole Miss or 9 wins). You build a program. I know it hurts some of y?all?s delicate feelings that Ole Miss is good this year but they have a very good senior QB and upperclassman team and their offense isn?t that different from what they have run for the past 4 years.

Settle the **** down.
    We had 6 points going into the 4th Quarter in a rivalry game At Home. Our offense is something, but prolific isn't the word that comes to mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If 6 to 8 wins with some head scratching losses are your thing, you'll love Leach. If you want to do more, well, you're out of luck. Leach is the least committed coach to growing a program. And maybe I should throw that on the AD really. It's all about his offense and nothing else. He doesn't want more staff or an IPF. He just wants to keep it all simple. Not a fan of that. We need vision in our athletic dept in a bad way.
    I agree. Leach is the type of guy that can satisfy a huge portion of the fan base by winning 6-8 games and upsetting someone every year.....and then you look up in 5-7 years and your bowl streak is still going but you are further away from the elite teams than you've been in 2 decades.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'm fine with this actually with an occasional 9-10 win season. Things are only gonna get tougher in the sec next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I agree. Leach is the type of guy that can satisfy a huge portion of the fan base by winning 6-8 games and upsetting someone every year.....and then you look up in 5-7 years and your bowl streak is still going but you are further away from the elite teams than you've been in 2 decades.
    I agree, I'm afraid in the big picture we will be in the that 5-8 winning seasons. Not sure he can do what Kiffin did this past year which was the first time in their history winning 10 regular season games.

vCash
    Where did he ever do that in his career ? Are you basing that on a Covid year last year and then this year ?

Why would our trajectory not go up as most of our players at q b , rub, wr, cb are first year players-last year was limited in practice and was a zoom camera year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Where did he ever do that in his career ? Are you basing that on a Covid year last year and then this year ?

Why would our trajectory not go up as most of our players at q b , rub, wr, cb are first year players-last year was limited in practice and was a zoom camera year.
    Mississippi State is not a job that has never had success, like Tech and Wazzu were. We have experienced some big years pre-Leach, so taking us to 6-8 wins is not "Improvement", it should be the floor

vCash
    Who said 6-8 wins is an improvement ? I asked what you are basing a downward trajectory of the program in the future on ?

Given we are a young team, Leachs track record and the incoming talent....I’m not seeing the downward spiral

vCash
    Leach has never had a 5-7 year, and he's never had any losing season outside of the start of a tough rebuild.

I'm very confident that Leach and Rogers will win ... 25 games over the next 3 years if he stays healthy and starts through 2024, and hopefully more. Are you?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Given we are a young team
    Are we though? We're losing a bunch of really important pieces this year, are we not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Are we though? We're losing a bunch of really important pieces this year, are we not?
    Who are we losing other than Lashley and Ruiz?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Leach has never had a 5-7 year, and he's never had any losing season outside of the start of a tough rebuild.

I'm very confident that Leach and Rogers will win ... 25 games over the next 3 years if he stays healthy and starts through 2024, and hopefully more. Are you?
    No. That's over 8 games a season. So no, I'm not. But I'd love to be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Who are we losing other than Lashley and Ruiz?
    Charles Cross?? A top 10 pick. How we glossing over him?

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I?m fine with 6-8 wins with a shot at 9-10 every 4 years with a senior laden team and QB. As a realist, that?s what we should have

vCash
    Yes we are very young. IMO much of what happened last night is a young team heard footsteps, they pooped their pants on the big stage.

Last year was what ? Zoom meetings ? We are still a year away as far as maturity and veteran leadership.

Ole miss defense is mostly seniors. No q b in the country presents the problems Corrall does. Hell yes he is a difference maker, and no a portal q b isn’t going to replace him.

vCash
    Charles Cross?? A top 10 pick. How we glossing over him?
    This might be the best OL that Will plays behind. Cross will be hard to replace. Have to replace Lashley, too. I know y?all aren?t big on him, but he was a 4 star player with experience. Our splits aren?t the easiest thing to implement.
    Our WR Corp put up big numbers. Big enough for decent draft attention. We will have to see how this shakes out.
    We are young is an excuse that can pop up every year. Next year, will it be We are young on the OL? We have a young QB that is playing the system well because he played it in HS. He?s already performing at an advanced level in AirRaid. We have to figure out a good way to protect him, because if we can?t, get ready for a bad time.

vCash
    No. That's over 8 games a season. So no, I'm not. But I'd love to be wrong.
    If Rogers can go 7-5 (hopefully 8-5, but we'll see) as a freshman with a more difficult OOC than he'll see again, he can probably do a little better with more development.

vCash
    Part of the transition of a roster to an air raid is bringing in tall , long armed heavy pass blockers. The OL leach inherited is not well suited for that. He did well with developing o lineman at both tech and WSU. Facing sec d lines doesn’t give you much time to make the transition.

Lashley will be addition by subtraction IMO.

vCash
    I'm not sure how Dan corrupted our fan base into unreal expectations, but he did.

Ever since 14' we feel like we should have arrived. We are a top 25 program. We recruit in that range. Finishing any higher is a season over achieved. We have had 3 different coaches in the past 6 years and feel like we should be winning 9-10 games in year 2. Sure, Lane did it. With a team packed with talent and a Heisman candidate qb, but they didn't do it convincingly and had close games that fell their way. We had close games that did not go our way. It's football, but this perception that we are struggling and need to discuss change is ridiculous. We over achieved this year, whether you want to admit it or not.

Instead of being optimistic about next year and excited about our progress we want to talk shit about our team and create false narratives that Leach doesn't care about rivalries. This entire year has been nothing but wishy washy, toxic fans on this board. Read some of the game threads. It is comical how fast some of you are quick to write Leach and this team off.

My question is, how did we get to this point? Why would you expect to win 9-10 games in year 1.5, playing in the TOUGHEST division in all of college football? How is that realistic expectations? If this is year 4-5. I could agree, we should expect more consistency and higher ceilings.