Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That?s 0-2 Pirate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Well ..

That's a take. A mind-numbingly stupid one, but props for putting yourself out there anyway.

I would rather have more wins than fewer wins, regardless of which column Ole Miss is in. If a genie could guarantee me 9-3 with an Egg Bowl loss for 2022, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
    It's just a fact of life where I live. Beating Ole Miss is the only REAL thing that matters year in year out in FOOTBALL. I obviously and absolutely want more, but I would NEVER EVER EVER take a 9-3 guarantee if Ole Miss was one of the 3. I often wonder where people who espouse that point of view live.

vCash
    I?m not a big Leach guy, but I agree that for a school with our tradition, we can not afford to put Coaches out to the curb every 2 yrs. We have hitched our wagon to this horse and have to allow enough time for CML to either succeed or fail before starting over. Dropping Leach at this point would be crippling for our program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    It's just a fact of life where I live. Beating Ole Miss is the only REAL thing that matters year in year out in FOOTBALL. I obviously and absolutely want more, but I would NEVER EVER EVER take a 9-3 guarantee if Ole Miss was one of the 3. I often wonder where people who espouse that point of view live.
    I've lived in the Jackson area my entire life, except when I was a student at MSU
    Last edited by Quaoarsking; 11-26-2021 at 01:57 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    It's hard to believe that some of you clowns are fans. We keep this mentality up, we will be the Vanderbilt of the west. It takes time to change an entire scheme of a team. You nut balls are mentioning a hot seat for his job after going 7-5 with multiple wins over top 25 teams and having the opportunity to finish 2nd in the west if we close out the egg bowl.

What the hell are you guys even talking about? Please come back to reality for just a split second.

This whole mentality in college football is loony. The thought of coaching carousels every season is getting old. Zero patience in fan bases anymore, for a program that does not have a rich history of winning we sure do bash our head coach into oblivion even after we have a much improved team. I am actually proud of our guys for the way they play and carry themselves. Build a culture and the wins will come, but hell you guys won't even let it get to that point. It has been a covid year and a regular season and you are already having doubts about a very successful and proven head coach.

Let's fire leach and hire who? Someone with 0 head coach experience? Some coordinator that has road the shirt tail of a successful hc hoping we find the next Kirby? We make that move and we are another 5 years from any type of success. This is the honest truth. We made a VERY good hire for a ball coach. If you can't see that, you are blinded by unreal expectations and one of the reasons the coaching carousel exists in the firstplace.

Rant over.
    Let's hire someone whose absolutely proven upside isn't known to be mediocre and has a TERRIBLE history against instate arch rivals. Some guy in another thread and possibly another board tried to say the arch rival thing wasn't really a thing because Leach was 9-0 against Baylor when he was a Texas Tech. I asked my wife, a Baylor GRAD, if Texas Tech was a rival of theirs. She actually was quite incredulous. She gave a little chuckle and said, "Tech, no."

vCash
    Let's hire someone whose absolutely proven upside isn't known to be mediocre and has a TERRIBLE history against instate arch rivals. Some guy in another thread and possibly another board tried to say the arch rival thing wasn't really a thing because Leach was 9-0 against Baylor when he was a Texas Tech. I asked my wife, a Baylor GRAD, if Texas Tech was a rival of theirs. She actually was quite incredulous. She gave a little chuckle and said, "Tech, no."
    Whenever LSU and UF strikeout on their hires this go round, maybe we as a fan base can take a step back. We seem to ignore what is going on throughout the country with recent coaching hires. Name one, outside of Kirby and Jimbo (if you can even count him as successful?) that has knocked it out of the park.

Edit: Lane has done a great job, but let's see him without a Heisman caliber qb before we start making judgments.

vCash
    I've lived in the Jackson area my entire, except when I was a student at MSU
    So you are cool with your life as a sports fan the next few weeks? I'm certainly not. Maybe you are an intensely private individual with few contacts outside your MSU circle. If that was me then I wouldn't be nearly as upset as I am. Possibly you have thick enough skin to be a referee on some level. I'm DO NOT. I am what I am. I still have nightmares about losing 3 of 4 both while I was at MSU AND at one of UMC's professional schools. Thats 6 out of 8. It's even worse back home in NE Mississippi.

vCash
    Well ..

That's a take. A mind-numbingly stupid one, but props for putting yourself out there anyway.

I would rather have more wins than fewer wins, regardless of which column Ole Miss is in. If a genie could guarantee me 9-3 with an Egg Bowl loss for 2022, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
    I wouldn't. To me in my life there are two football seasons, the other 11 games and the Egg Bowl. The Egg Bowl is THE season that actually matters. If we went 11-1 and won it all that would just extend my misery at the hands of smug entitled jackass Ole Miss fans that I live around. They are all nice people, except when it comes to FOOTBALL, and football ONLY.

vCash
    Your wife probably knows less about football than you do ... If that's possible. (I don't think it is really.)

Main rival at TT was TAM and TT also hated Texas. Baylor was a nobody to them. Was 7-3 against Aggies and beat #1 Texas when they were competing for Nattys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Your wife probably knows less about football than you do ... If that's possible. (I don't think it is really.)

Main rival at TT was TAM and TT also hated Texas. Baylor was a nobody to them. Was 7-3 against Aggies and beat #1 Texas when they were competing for Nattys.
    And lost to OM in the Cotton Bowl. 😑

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post

YEP, That's what she said, lol. Now if you ask A&M or Texas if they consider TT an arch rival they would laugh at you . WSU isn't UW's main rival either, and that is well known. Now with what we have with UM, UM tries like hell to say we aren't theirs. EVERY SINGLE THING THEY DO says otherwise. Nobody outside of their fanbase gives that the time of day. Most of their fanbase doesn't try to hide it either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    And lost to OM in the Cotton Bowl. ��
    Yep. Some of y'all need to get beyond they eye candy (to you) of the air raid and see if you can actually find a solid meal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FriarsPoint View Post
    I?ll fall short of didn?t want. Definitely didn?t execute in pirate lingo.

He wins next year or he can haul ass. Rivalry games mean something here.
    Agree. I like the way we were trending but losing to these bastards sucks the air out of the balloon.

vCash
    Leach is 'known to be mediocre'? Please. Get out of here.

Also funny to me that to you, the solution for all of this isn't to figure out how to take sports ribbing less personally and enjoy yourself more...it's for the football coach to win a game so your life is better.

vCash
    Go back to WSU and Leach is now 1-9 against instate archrivals in the last 10 years. He coaches for his job next year in the Egg Bowl. If he doesn't, then somebody else needs to go.
    1 small difference being Washington to wazzu talent gap is about the same as ours to bama, but I doubt you care.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Last year was forgivable. 47 players and all. This year they are better but not that much better. Just didnt want it bad enough and that falls on Leach.
    Exactly. He is 0-1. Last year was bullshit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCoachKlein View Post
    1 small difference being Washington to wazzu talent gap is about the same as ours to bama

Oregon had higher rated recruiting classes than Washington every year of Leach's time in the PAC12. Leach was 4-5 v Oregon. Washington just had WSU/Leach's number. So far......OM/Kiffin does too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Oregon had higher rated recruiting classes than Washington every year of Leach's time in the PAC12. Leach was 4-5 v Oregon. Washington just had WSU/Leach's number. So far......OM/Kiffin does too.
    Oregon did not have Chris Petersen as coach, they had morons like Willie Taggert. Oregon did not have the power run game offense, or the NFL talent on the D line UW did, nor the secondary. You know not what you speak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Oregon did not have Chris Petersen as coach, they had morons like Willie Taggert. Oregon did not have the power run game offense, or the NFL talent on the D line UW did, nor the secondary. You know not what you speak.
    Thought we hired leach bc he could compete against teams with a major talent advantage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Thought we hired leach bc he could compete against teams with a major talent advantage
    The Pirate's history says he wins games he isn't supposed to and loses games he should win. So, if this holds true, we will see lots of seasons with 6-8 wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I’m not sure what you are arguing. You think leach is not the right guy because UW had a major talent advantage over WSU for many years ?