Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Only reason Kiffin is winning is Matt Corral"....

vCash
    What Durkin has done with that D the past month is pretty impressive. And since he?s a bit toxic he doesn?t have a lot of upward mobility in him.

I do think Kiffin is a well above average play designer and caller so I do hope he leaves. They?ll be hard pressed to upgrade or even get an equally talented coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'm sorry the truth hurts your feelings
    2 years removed from being an absolute dumpster fire and they're 10-2 and going to a NY6 bowl. It's ok to admit they're good and waaaay ahead of schedule. How some of our fans would rather just stick their heads in the sand instead of acknowledging reality is cute, I guess. Who knows, maybe we're close to that too, but we'll see. I hoped we'd be 7-5 before the season, and here we are.

It's also true that their roster was more ripe for a quick turn around via a legit coaching staff compared to us; we totally changed culture/philosophy/scheme/etc. and we're 7-5 in year two. What troubles me the most with Leach going forward is the trend of his teams being rollercoasters and not being able to put things together consistently; that certainly appears not to be bullshit. Hopefully with more talent he can remedy that shit, because it's frustrating as hell.

vCash
    And, Corral said the only reason he has excelled the last two years is bc of the offensive coaching staff w Kiffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    2 years removed from being an absolute dumpster fire and they're 10-2 and going to a NY6 bowl. It's ok to admit they're good and waaaay ahead of schedule. How some of our fans would rather just stick their heads in the sand instead of acknowledging reality is cute, I guess. Who knows, maybe we're close to that too, but we'll see. I hoped we'd be 7-5 before the season, and here we are.

It's also true that their roster was more ripe for a quick turn around via a legit coaching staff compared to us; we totally changed culture/philosophy/scheme/etc. and we're 7-5 in year two. What troubles me the most with Leach going forward is the trend of his teams being rollercoasters and not being able to put things together consistently; that certainly appears not to be bullshit. Hopefully with more talent he can remedy that shit, because it's frustrating as hell.
    Good post

I think the personnel issues and lack of veteran experience is what’s causing the roller coaster. As others have said, he’s got to get O line solidified, get some better pass rushers and safety help. And we have to grow up as a team and not poop our pants when we are on the big stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Bullshit.

They're running it. One of the best in the country. Y'all better hope like hell that he leaves, bc he is a really good coach and is definitely superior to ours so far. And it ain't that close.
    Typical over reaction
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I remember I was one of the few that said Kiffin was a good coach and don't discount him, but most on this board thought he was crap. Now they saying he's better than ours LOL. I think they probably about equal. If there is a Kiffin advantage it might be in preparing the team mentally maybe. IMO ... that's how we lost last night's game.

Looking at stats we actually outgained them. They took advantage of their opportunities and we didn't. That sums up the game.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 11-26-2021 at 03:35 PM.