Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: The More Physical Team Won Tonight.

  1. #1
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    3100

    The More Physical Team Won Tonight.

    And the team with the best player.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,045
    vCash
    3100
    If we hit that pass that Polk was wide open in the first quarter, Ole Miss folds.

  3. #3
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    64,943
    vCash
    10439
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If we hit that pass that Polk was wide open in the first quarter, Ole Miss folds.
    We didn't, and we lost by 10

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    553
    vCash
    3775
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    If we hit that pass that Polk was wide open in the first quarter, Ole Miss folds.
    ole miss wouldn't fold they have a good coach, we folded tonight because they have what we are missing in far too many areas.

  5. #5
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    3100
    I agree the momentum was sucked out of stadium. 4 drives in Redzone with 6 points. 1st and goal from 5 and get no points. That was the game. But the sharks were more physical. That?s a premium in the cold and wet

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,063
    vCash
    3200
    You could argue that they had the 2 best players if you add how well Sam Williams played tonight.

    We couldn?t stop their run game the second half but let?s be honest, when corral didn?t have an ankle the size of a watermelon, nobody else could stop their run game either.

    I thought we played a good game minus they key td misses and they played a really good game.

    I?m annoyed we lost but I?ve been worried about the matchup for weeks because when heathy they seem to be a top 10 offense in the nation. It was gonna take 30 point to win and we couldn?t produce it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,793
    vCash
    52714
    They were better than us at most positions. They were also better coached. In game 12, we couldn't even get everyone on the same play call. It was a cluster 17 tonight.

  8. #8
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    3100
    I agree. I hope Lane bolts! Lol!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,621
    vCash
    3200
    The more talented team won.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,063
    vCash
    3200
    I think they are more talented overall as well and we still should have been up 10 at half.

    Then the 3rd quarter we for some reason regressed to looking like we did weeks 1-2 which was really disappointing given how well we had been playing the past month snd them even most of the first half in this game.

    I have no idea why we were so out of sorts on the 3Q

  11. #11
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    3100
    In our 4 Top 25 wins, we were the more physical team in each game.

  12. #12
    Tha Winnah! ScoobaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,379
    vCash
    2163236147
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    And the team with the best player.
    I guess I'm glad he tuned his game around and wasn't the punk ass who almost got killed 2 years ago. he's talented
    Will's best days are ahead of him. He is the first true fr to start under leachs system and this was the first full year as starter. next year, Leach will have best signing class of his career on campus ... and Let's roll..

    I'll feel better about our chances if Lane AND Corral are gone. though Kiffin can likely find a grad transfer to say hey look what i did with matt this year.. and then let the "process happen" with the network...
    So.. yea. Lane needs to go...

  13. #13
    Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    701
    vCash
    3100
    Yes. I was wrong about Corral. I never thought he would mature enough to be a winner. He did.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    134
    vCash
    3000
    I'm going to be that guy and disagree. I thought we were very physical, especially on offense.
    There was a lot of schematic stuff that was never adjusted. No running the ball during the rain. No RB staying to help Lashley, prevent D even though Corall ran it every other time for a first down, it looked like Rogers and the WRs were not on the same page.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    466
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    I guess I'm glad he tuned his game around and wasn't the punk ass who almost got killed 2 years ago. he's talented
    Will's best days are ahead of him. He is the first true fr to start under leachs system and this was the first full year as starter. next year, Leach will have best signing class of his career on campus ... and Let's roll..

    I'll feel better about our chances if Lane AND Corral are gone. though Kiffin can likely find a grad transfer to say hey look what i did with matt this year.. and then let the "process happen" with the network...
    So.. yea. Lane needs to go...
    Good post, but I think you have to consider Matt Corrall is not replaceable in the portal. Any q b Kiffin gets will not be the dual threat Corrall is, they only come along every few years. He is a rare talent.

    A pure passer we can defend much easier. A runner who is a decent passer we can defend.

    Corrall is someone nobody can match up,with right now. That?s why he?s the #1 draft pick in the nfl and you aren?t going to replace him with the transfer portal.

  16. #16
    Senior Member thf24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,476
    vCash
    3200
    I'm not going to disagree with either of OP's points, yet we were a wide open touchdown pass overthrown (that Will hits in his sleep 4/5 times) and dropped touchdown passes on three consecutive plays away from winning. If ever the excuse that "it just wasn't our night" was valid, it was last night.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Good post, but I think you have to consider Matt Corrall is not replaceable in the portal. Any q b Kiffin gets will not be the dual threat Corrall is, they only come along every few years. He is a rare talent.

    A pure passer we can defend much easier. A runner who is a decent passer we can defend.

    Corrall is someone nobody can match up,with right now. That?s why he?s the #1 draft pick in the nfl and you aren?t going to replace him with the transfer portal.
    Well he will probably be the first qb taken off the board but not the number 1 pick.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Commercecomet24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    19,170
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with either of OP's points, yet we were a wide open touchdown pass overthrown (that Will hits in his sleep 4/5 times) and dropped touchdown passes on three consecutive plays away from winning. If ever the excuse that "it just wasn't our night" was valid, it was last night.
    Yep 4 trips in the red zone in first half and 6 points when it easily could've been 28 or 21 and the fact om did nothing to stop us, we stopped ourselves, makes it suck even more.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Posts
    466
    vCash
    3000
    Mock drafts have him #2 overall. He’s a special player.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    474
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    Mock drafts have him #2 overall. He’s a special player.
    Might need to plan a sex scandal against kiffin if he doesnt leave

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.