Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: The stinch of JoMo's influence will be totally gone next year

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    73
    vCash
    3200

    The stinch of JoMo's influence will be totally gone next year

    I still support CML, but not as whole-heartedly as a few weeks ago

    I want a step forward next season: 1) 7-8 wins 2) Win Battle for Golden Egg 3) Having a much more balanced offence 4) Playing 4 quarters in all phases

    5) Addressing Special Teams.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    3,823
    vCash
    55927
    Quote Originally Posted by donald igwebuike View Post
    I still support CML, but not as whole-heartedly as a few weeks ago

    I want a step forward next season: 1) 7-8 wins 2) Win Battle for Golden Egg 3) Having a much more balanced offence 4) Playing 4 quarters in all phases

    5) Addressing Special Teams.
    7-8 wins next year is not a step forward

  3. #3
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,784
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by donald igwebuike View Post
    I still support CML, but not as whole-heartedly as a few weeks ago

    I want a step forward next season: 1) 7-8 wins 2) Win Battle for Golden Egg 3) Having a much more balanced offence 4) Playing 4 quarters in all phases

    5) Addressing Special Teams.
    Your crazy, Jomo has no impact on this program. Leach ran pretty much everyone off that did. Stop making excuses

  4. #4
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,654
    vCash
    998845
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Your crazy, Jomo has no impact on this program. Leach ran pretty much everyone off that did. Stop making excuses
    And JoMo whipped ole miss' ass. He knew the importance of the game.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    654
    vCash
    3371
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    And JoMo whipped ole miss' ass. He knew the importance of the game.
    What the hell are you talking about. Do you really think Leach doesn't want to win. You just don't like Leach so you come up with this false narrative that he doesn't care about the rivalry. Just a stupid take.

  6. #6
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,654
    vCash
    998845
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    What the hell are you talking about. Do you really think Leach doesn't want to win. You just don't like Leach so you come up with this false narrative that he doesn't care about the rivalry. Just a stupid take.
    You're talking out of your ass. I like Leach. Have stated it multiple times. Look at his record against his rival his entire career. Of course he wants to win. But about the same as he wants to beat La Tech. It's just another game to him.
    Relax before you attack people. I've stated over and over that I want Leach to be successful because it would be awesome. He's a cool cat. I like him. I just don't know if his offense will work at State.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,793
    vCash
    52714
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    7-8 wins next year is not a step forward
    It is with our schedule

  8. #8
    Senior Member Cooterpoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,793
    vCash
    52714
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    And JoMo whipped ole miss' ass. He knew the importance of the game.
    Let's not make up bullshit. He won a game because of a ridiculous penalty and missed extra point. There was no whipping of the ass. And in 18, we had the best defense ever. One put together by Dan Mullen and wasted by Moorhead.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,939
    vCash
    2610
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Your crazy, Jomo has no impact on this program. Leach ran pretty much everyone off that did. Stop making excuses
    I disagree. Go look at both of his recruiting classes and the number of non contributors or guys not on campus anymore.

    He got some highly rated guys for sure. But the bottom of his classes were terrible. And the transfers in that 2019 class did virtually nothing for us except Cole Smith.

    That's the major problem we have right now and why the perception is we are so young. Because we've had to play a number of guys from the last 2 recruiting classes much earlier than normal, especially for a Mike Leach offense.

    Then once you've done that, go look at the 2018 class. They would be juniors or seniors right now. 6 of the top 9 players in that class aren't even on campus anymore.

    We are certainly still feeling the effects of Moorhead. But virtually every impact WR, our RBs, and our QB were guys secured by Leach. What Leach did with this roster in his system in 2 years, one of which included a full offseason of basically them not doing anything due to Covid, is remarkable.

  10. #10
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,862
    vCash
    3190
    Nobody was giving Moorhead credit for all the young talent when we were playing really well the 2nd half of the season. This game had 0 to do with Moorhead. That's just dumb. We didn't play well simple as that. Not because what happened 2-3 years ago but because of the players & coaches last night. They just didn't get it done. We had a good solid season & took steps forward. To try to blame Moorhead for last night is to just blindly ignore things.

  11. #11
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,862
    vCash
    3190
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    We are certainly still feeling the effects of Moorhead. But virtually every impact WR, our RBs, and our QB were guys secured by Leach. What Leach did with this roster in his system in 2 years, one of which included a full offseason of basically them not doing anything due to Covid, is remarkable.
    Just not true. Rogers, Marks, Dillon Johnson, Walley, Tulu, Heath were all signed by Moorhead. Let's not do the revisionist history when we don't have to.

  12. #12
    Senior Member bulldawg28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,784
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I disagree. Go look at both of his recruiting classes and the number of non contributors or guys not on campus anymore.

    He got some highly rated guys for sure. But the bottom of his classes were terrible. And the transfers in that 2019 class did virtually nothing for us except Cole Smith.

    That's the major problem we have right now and why the perception is we are so young. Because we've had to play a number of guys from the last 2 recruiting classes much earlier than normal, especially for a Mike Leach offense.

    Then once you've done that, go look at the 2018 class. They would be juniors or seniors right now. 6 of the top 9 players in that class aren't even on campus anymore.

    We are certainly still feeling the effects of Moorhead. But virtually every impact WR, our RBs, and our QB were guys secured by Leach. What Leach did with this roster in his system in 2 years, one of which included a full offseason of basically them not doing anything due to Covid, is remarkable.
    Your actually stating that Leach has his players. Also, Kiffin just did the same thing Leach is working on. He took the lemons added a few transfers and made lemonade. However, next year he'll have a problem unless he can find a Qb transfer.

  13. #13
    Senior Member MetEdDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    7,939
    vCash
    2610
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Your actually stating that Leach has his players. Also, Kiffin just did the same thing Leach is working on. He took the lemons added a few transfers and made lemonade. However, next year he'll have a problem unless he can find a Qb transfer.
    The difference in the 2 situations is that Ole Miss has a 1st round QB and didn't make a drastic change to a system like we did. Big difference.

    And I am advocating that Leach has his players. He absolutely does and a lot of playing and making immediate impacts. But tell me it wouldn't make a difference if we had more juniors and seniors out on the field as we've made this transition. Part of it is Leach ran some off. Which was needed. But part of it is that Moorhead didn't develop players during his 2 years and a lot of those guys aren't contributors.

    I don't blame Moorhead for the loss. What I do blame is that his inability to develop talent and bring in a lot of quality players, both out of high school and in the transfer portal, has hindered us from maximizing our potential this year.

    Last year is a prime example. We had to cull the herd significantly just to get back to being a respectably in shape and disciplined program. We didn't have that few of guys due to Covid. It was due to lack of discipline and focus by Moorhead players. Leach and company have done a great job developing our guys and bringing in immediate impact players that want to compete. We had to rebuild an entire culture. Ole Miss didn't have to do that. Comparing Kiffin to Leach isn't a fair comparison.

  14. #14
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,654
    vCash
    998845
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Let's not make up bullshit. He won a game because of a ridiculous penalty and missed extra point. There was no whipping of the ass. And in 18, we had the best defense ever. One put together by Dan Mullen and wasted by Moorhead.
    Man, this board is bipolar!!! Excuses either way. Win or lose this board will make up excuses to got their mood.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    549
    vCash
    3650
    Man, some of you guys act like Leach is some super recruiter. Sure he will get a QB and a couple of WRs that we wouldn't ordinarily get. And he will occasionally miss and get the savior Sawyer. He still has to recruit stud OLmen to make this offense a true threat to the SEC.

    I'm more concerned with recruiting the defensive players. Without the Cox, Jones, Simmons type DTs; an elite DE and LB, and better DB unit, even with a better offense, we will still take 38-24 a$$ whippings.

  16. #16
    Senior Member DownwardDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Covington County Mississippi
    Posts
    7,654
    vCash
    998845
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Let's not make up bullshit. He won a game because of a ridiculous penalty and missed extra point. There was no whipping of the ass. And in 18, we had the best defense ever. One put together by Dan Mullen and wasted by Moorhead.
    I couldn't stand JoMo. But the fact is that he was 2-0 against ole miss. Facts can't be disputed.
    Leach should be 1-1.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,279
    vCash
    3000
    Thank goodness. If some type of mental clock is ticking to eliminate the excuses, so be it.
    I love the calls to be more balanced, but I doubt that?s coming. In fact, this was more balanced than I ever thought CML would be this year. When the going gets tough, he likes to double down on slinging it.
    We played better last year with opt outs. I love the Christmas style list of wishes. Maybe we?ll get what you ask for, but don?t forget to wait and see who all we lose to draft, transfer, etc.
    Above all else, Will is really good in the AirRaid, but not made to take hits. If we can?t protect him very well- he?s not helping us out a ton by moving in the pocket, we are going to be in trouble.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    vCash
    3200
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Nobody was giving Moorhead credit for all the young talent when we were playing really well the 2nd half of the season. This game had 0 to do with Moorhead. That's just dumb. We didn't play well simple as that. Not because what happened 2-3 years ago but because of the players & coaches last night. They just didn't get it done. We had a good solid season & took steps forward. To try to blame Moorhead for last night is to just blindly ignore things.
    Thank you - blaming a coach 2 years after he is gone is just nuts.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    549
    vCash
    3650
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Thank you - blaming a coach 2 years after he is gone is just nuts.
    Come onnn! When we came back to defeat Auburn, I bet the first thing you thought was...look at Moorhead's go!!!

  20. #20
    Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14,407
    vCash
    165086
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It is with our schedule
    Correct. 8-4 next year would be awesome
    Romans 5:8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.