Thread: Miss. State vs Dayton (Women's Basketball)

vCash

Miss. State vs Dayton (Women's Basketball)

Daytona Beach Invitational....

Miss. State women playing Dayton

vCash
    Halftime
    Miss. State 31
    Dayton 23

Rickea Jackson 9 points
    Jerkaila Jordan 6 points

vCash
    state up 29-21 going to the half. i watched about 5 minutes and we missed 3 layups.

vCash
    FYI - Dayton was the Atlantic 10 champion last year, but was not chosen for the NCAA Tournament after getting upset in the conference tournament.

So this is likely to be a decent resume win should be hold on.

vCash
    ladies up by 9 with 8 min to go

vCash
    56-47 state 5 minute to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    FYI - Dayton was the Atlantic 10 champion last year, but was not chosen for the NCAA Tournament after getting upset in the conference tournament.

So this is likely to be a decent resume win should be hold on.
    Seems like we've improved this year, so hopefully we return to the tournament at a minimum. The interim guy is apparently a great Xs and Os guy but has the personality of a wet paper bag, so this will be a shot for him to work with athletes that are better than anyone he could recruit on his own so I'm sure he's trying his hardest.

vCash
    final 65-54 state

Banned
    vCash
    Proud of the new coach, the assistants and my Lady Bulldogs. They have worked hard turning this thing around.

vCash
    Good quality win right there, Dayton had only lost to Duke and badly beat a solid Purdue team, we play #12 Michigan on Saturday, that will be a tough game but I like our talent. If we can ever get Jessika Carter back we can surprise some people

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    Seems like we've improved this year, so hopefully we return to the tournament at a minimum. The interim guy is apparently a great Xs and Os guy but has the personality of a wet paper bag, so this will be a shot for him to work with athletes that are better than anyone he could recruit on his own so I'm sure he's trying his hardest.
    I'm pretty knowledgeable about basketball and when you hear him speak about the game he really knows x's and o's.. if he can hire a good recruiter he may be a sleeper candidate to keep the job.. we will see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCMSTFAN View Post
    I'm pretty knowledgeable about basketball and when you hear him speak about the game he really knows x's and o's.. if he can hire a good recruiter he may be a sleeper candidate to keep the job.. we will see
    If we keep him then that means something went really well. Heck, we have the talent to make the S16. Just gotta get over whatever went wrong last year, and at this point I don't even want to theorize because who knows how much the cancer affected NMP's performance as a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    If we keep him then that means something went really well. Heck, we have the talent to make the S16. Just gotta get over whatever went wrong last year, and at this point I don't even want to theorize because who knows how much the cancer affected NMP's performance as a coach.
    I agree, and to her credit these are her recruits. She built this team and Coach Novak is doing a good job with them so far.

vCash
    If you want to give her credit for this then you need to acknowledge she shit the bed with Vics recruits, you can't have it both ways.

vCash
    I agree, and to her credit these are her recruits. She built this team and Coach Novak is doing a good job with them so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    If you want to give her credit for this then you need to acknowledge she shit the bed with Vics recruits, you can't have it both ways.
    A bunch of Vic's recruits were $hit!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    So your saying Nikki has absolutely nothing to do with the make up of this team?? And this wasn't a shot at Novak at all, he knows basketball!

vCash
    Dayton bounced back with a 67-53 win over Illinois today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Dayton bounced back with a 67-53 win over Illinois today.
    The Dayton win was a really good win.. tomorrow we play #12 Michigan. It won't be easy but it will tell us where we are right now. Rickea is from Detroit Michigan so she will want this win.. Denae Carter is who has impressed me the most so far because I didn't expect it. She is only 6'0 but has had to play in the post because of the lack of size we have, but she is very long and can block shots and rebound, she is averaging 7 pts 7 rebs and 2.2 blocks a game. The rebounds and blocks are impressive especially from a Freshman

vCash
    So your saying Nikki has absolutely nothing to do with the make up of this team?? And this wasn't a shot at Novak at all, he knows basketball!
    That is exactly what I am implying personnel yes, makeup and chemistry no. I don't think we are undefeated right now with her coaching. Look I really wanted her to succeed but like Moorhead she was exposed as a good coach quickly.

vCash
    The Dayton win was a really good win.. tomorrow we play #12 Michigan. It won't be easy but it will tell us where we are right now. Rickea is from Detroit Michigan so she will want this win.. Denae Carter is who has impressed me the most so far because I didn't expect it. She is only 6'0 but has had to play in the post because of the lack of size we have, but she is very long and can block shots and rebound, she is averaging 7 pts 7 rebs and 2.2 blocks a game. The rebounds and blocks are impressive especially from a Freshman
    Denae Carter and Rickea Jackson are both nationally ranked in blocked shots per game.Also, Raven Farley blocking shots. Jerkaila Jordan...another shot blocker. Charlotte Kohl coming in games getting blocks as well. Miss. State leads (#1 nationally) the nation in blocked shots, and are 3rd in the nation in blocked shots per game. This front court...no joke defensively. The length and athleticism are definitely there.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 11-26-2021 at 10:16 PM.