Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Win. Lose. Or draw.

vCash

Win. Lose. Or draw.

No matter what happens tonight I am extremely proud of what this team has become. Time and again they have had the opportunity to give up and they have not. That is a testament to coaching and the mental and physical fortitude of our athletes. These guys are on the cusp of something really special I think and Mike Leach and his players have me excited about the future of the football program.

Hail State!

vCash
    Totally agree!

vCash
    Yep great post!

vCash
    Hear Hear

vCash
    I concur 100%.

vCash
    i totally am in. i do think the bears win tonight though.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We are improving and should be ready to roll next year. But we are favored against a top 10 team tonight! Let?s make their ass quit tonight!

vCash
    Lose tonight and it's just another season. Just how it works. 7-5 with losses to OM, Memphis, and Arkansas would be shameful.
    Next year might be great, but this year would suck balls!
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-25-2021 at 12:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lose tonight and it's just another season. Just how it works. 7-5 with losses to OM, Memphis, and Arkansas would be shameful.
    I don't agree. 7-5 is a good season... we've made tremendous progress

vCash
    I predicted 7-5 before the season, so I won't be too upset, but a win tonight gives us an extra boost of momentum that we need. 8 wins, a strong finish in recruiting, and most of our starters returning next year, while OM loses almost all of their's would be absolutely huge moving into next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't agree. 7-5 is a good season... we've made tremendous progress
    Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season. If AL makes the playoffs and OM gets sugar, we'll, even worse. 8 wins and a win over OM is big.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-25-2021 at 12:34 PM.

vCash
    We are a good team who is very tough to play against. We have been screwed out of two wins, but win or lose we are a good team and Leach has this program right on schedule.

JMO but nobody wants to play us right now.

vCash
    Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season.
    We were on the cusp of collapse and looking down the barrel at 4 wins. To have a chance to win 8 games is a tremendous accomplishment.

vCash
    Well said! (to the OP)

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Great post!! Agreed.
    Romans 5:8

Banned
    vCash
    Next year might be great, but this year would suck balls!
    An inconvenient truth unfortunately. We just gotta win today. Got to. Leach did horrible vs Washington but I believe he had a much harder row to hoe up there. He doesn't need to kickstart with back to back egg bowl losses.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 11-25-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Before the Aggie game, I thought it would be a miracle to get to 6.

vCash
    Lose tonight and Leach will be 0-2 to the sharks. Yikes

vCash
    Meh, progress yes. Tremendous no. Had we played a regular schedule last year we probably win 6. Win tonight and you've got momentum. Lose and it's just a Blah season. If AL makes the playoffs and OM gets sugar, we'll, even worse. 8 wins and a win over OM is big.
    Totally agree. We've improved but lose tonight and 7-5 season. Even Moorhead won 8. As a program just a blah year. Win egg bowl and we can build some momentum.

Mullen averaged like 7.5-8 wins a year over 9 years. Going 7-5 is the floor now IMO. To progress as a program got to take a next step. Easy wins against Memphis, LSU and Ark would have been a big step this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Lose tonight and Leach will be 0-2 to the sharks. Yikes
    Well, JoMo was 2-0 vs them and I'm glad he's gone. It's not the end-all, be-all. If we lose to them tonight we may wind up winning the next 4 in a row. Who knows? Like the other thread said, this isn't a UW vs WSU scenario... that will be closer to MSU vs Bama with Leach; where much superior talent negates the air raid.