Thread: What does Will need to do tonight

vCash

What does Will need to do tonight

To really put himself in the Heisman serious discussion/top 5 this year? The ball coach has him as his leader right now. 400/5TD?s?

Would he dare get an invite?

vCash
    I would rather play ball control tonight. Keep the ball and finish in the red zone. Make their defense play the entire game. Keep Corrall on the sideline.

vCash
    It's too late for him unfortunately.

However I do think he's got a chance to finish Top 10 with a strong Egg Bowl and a victory. If we were 8-3 and ranked going into this game instead of 7-4, there would be more talk.

He should start out next year in the conversation though.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Well it?ll be the only game on tonight for the overpaid talking soup coolers to watch. So if he continues his streak and carves up the KlanSharts like the millions of turkeys today, I?d say he has a decent chance to get people talking. A win over the most over rated team this side of the equator, and a 400 yd 4-5 TD game might land him a trip to NYC.

A good showing will definitely have him on the short list going into 2022. He?s basically already there, barring catastrophe.

vCash
    He won't get in the top 5 tonight no matter what we do.
    I would love to see 400 / 5 but as others said ball control is likely best for us tonight.

vCash
    Attack. Attack with precision.

vCash
    Throw no Ints and take no Sacks. Of course the latter depends on a certain Tackle having a great game.

vCash
    I think it's too late at this point but a convincing win with 400+ yards and 4 or 5 tds in conjunction with Corral having his worst game (2-3 ints) may get him an invite but highly doubtful.

I also wonder if Corral will take as many chances running tonight knowing he's headed to the NFL.

vCash
    Will just needs to be Will. He's the best qb in the country the last 5 weeks or so.

vCash
    I?d start him with short passes to the backs to get him in rhythm early. Don?t try to do too much, play within himself. Mix in some runs-their run defense is not good.

Really good decisions, quick reads, get rid of the ball quick-exactly what he has been doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    I?d start him with short passes to the backs to get him in rhythm early. Don?t try to do too much, play within himself. Mix in some runs-their run defense is not good.

Really good decisions, quick reads, get rid of the ball quick-exactly what he has been doing.
    Agree. He's gonna be amped up. Get him some easy passes to help settle him down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post

I think we might see more runs vs them a lot like the Kentucky game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think we might see more runs vs them a lot like the Kentucky game.
    Yep, Vandy ran pretty good on them. When they start getting tired from chasing crossing routes, I’d give them a big dose of Dillon Johnson running like his hairs on fire.

vCash
    The answer is simple...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msujd164 View Post
    To really put himself in the Heisman serious discussion/top 5 this year? The ball coach has him as his leader right now. 400/5TD?s?

Would he dare get an invite?
    Keep doing what he has been doing and no TOs and I think we win.

vCash
    To not shit in his pants - which he did - so did the receivers. That last play of the game, what the hell was that?

vCash
    He realized that the game was over. He would?ve walked in if uncontested, but wasn?t going to risk getting smashed to make this game look better on paper. Will just isn?t built for taking hits. Better to have him for the bowl than injured.

vCash
    Will needs to learn how to get tackled better. He should also fold handkerchiefs and put them under his feet, adding up to one inch aside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Will needs to learn how to get tackled better. He should also fold handkerchiefs and put them under his feet, adding up to one inch aside.
    He needs to learn how to scramble and when to scramble. He has gotten better about moving in the pocket as the year has gone on but he still has a lot to learn.