Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: ESPN Rivalry week article, First one up is...

  1. #1
    Junior Member ScubaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    3100

    ESPN Rivalry week article, First one up is...

    Article showing noteworthy rivalries around the country.

    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...orical-moments

    I would love more than anything to ruin their chances of a NY6 bowl, followed by a quick exodus by Kiffin to an out of state institution. I believe it will happen, but the question is where?

    My prediction for the game:

    Good Boi's: 38
    Bedwetters: 24

    Even when we play LSU (wife's team), I can respect them more than Old Piss.
    I have nothing for TSUN and wouldn't take a leak on any of them if they were on fire.
    I hate Ole Missus with a passion, and my kids are gonna hate them too.

    HAIL STATE!! GTHOM!!
    "I do have a Viking axe by the bed, if I need to whack someone. My wife bought me a Viking axe.
    The axe side curls down so you can grab the adversary around the neck and you can use it to climb walls, as a grappling hook."

    -Mike Leach on Home Defense

  2. #2
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3,363
    vCash
    3000
    Good piece on us. Pleasantly surprised ESPN Approved.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    15,753
    vCash
    53100
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    You can say the bad word, Pike...I won't tell your mom.**

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    369
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    You can say the bad word, Pike...I won't tell your mom.**
    **** EM

  6. #6
    Senior Member BeardoMSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    15,753
    vCash
    53100
    Yeah, that was really funny. Love Sherrill's zinger back at Brewer.

  7. #7
    Junior Member ScubaDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    7
    vCash
    3100
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I had the volume up a tad bit too much for my children to be in the room. lol
    "I do have a Viking axe by the bed, if I need to whack someone. My wife bought me a Viking axe.
    The axe side curls down so you can grab the adversary around the neck and you can use it to climb walls, as a grappling hook."

    -Mike Leach on Home Defense

  8. #8
    Senior Member beerfarley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    544
    vCash
    3700
    Do people actually find Brandon Walker entertaining?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    192
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Do people actually find Brandon Walker entertaining?
    Yes. Clearly. He's one of Barstool's biggest content machines and draw attention. Barstool hits the overlap of sports fans who want to hear in depth coverage and sports fans who don't want to hear mouthpieces with specifics HIDDEN agendas / biases who don't keep it "PC" (as in professionally correct.)

    Walker says what a lot of State fans feel about Ole Miss, just with more colorful language than most would allow. He's also well above the average fan's intelligence level and extremely versed at selling a character (like wrestling.)

    So yea, he's entertaining. If it's not your cup of tea, that's okay. There's plenty of things you find entertaining that others dont. No need to act incredulous that people have a different opinion than you.
    "I'm not doing this for your entertainment. I'm doing this for my entertainment. You just happen to be here."

  10. #10
    Senior Member OLJWales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3,363
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Do people actually find Brandon Walker entertaining?
    Never listened much but I just enjoyed that 5 sec clip.
    Truth is stranger than fiction because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn?t.
    A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

    Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Senior Member beerfarley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    544
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Yes. Clearly. He's one of Barstool's biggest content machines and draw attention. Barstool hits the overlap of sports fans who want to hear in depth coverage and sports fans who don't want to hear mouthpieces with specifics HIDDEN agendas / biases who don't keep it "PC" (as in professionally correct.)

    Walker says what a lot of State fans feel about Ole Miss, just with more colorful language than most would allow. He's also well above the average fan's intelligence level and extremely versed at selling a character (like wrestling.)

    So yea, he's entertaining. If it's not your cup of tea, that's okay. There's plenty of things you find entertaining that others dont. No need to act incredulous that people have a different opinion than you.
    Didn't act incredulous, I asked a question. I don't get the guy. Like I don't get the dude Ole Miss has as his counterpart. That guy seems like he's on coke all the time. The whole Barstool thing doesn't resonate with me. It's just not my cup of tea. If I would've said he appeals to the lowest common denominator that would be incredulous. I just don't get his whole act. If he's supposed to be a wrestling heel he's the Miz at best. I'm also not a fan of Steve or the overweight dude with the cowbells that was everywhere. Our mouthpieces tend to be these types of caricatures.
    Last edited by beerfarley; 11-24-2021 at 09:29 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,692
    vCash
    3670
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfarley View Post
    Didn't act incredulous, I asked a question. I don't get the guy. Like I don't get the dude Ole Miss has as his counterpart. That guy seems like he's on coke all the time. The whole Barstool thing doesn't resonate with me. It's just not my cup of tea. If I would've said he appeals to the lowest common denominator that would be incredulous. I just don't get his whole act. If he's supposed to be a wrestling heel he's the Miz at best. I'm also not a fan of Steve or the overweight dude with the cowbells that was everywhere. Our mouthpieces tend to be these types of caricatures.
    you don't know what incredulous means**

  13. #13
    Senior Member TNDawg35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,982
    vCash
    3000
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    you don't know what incredulous means**
    Well I could be wrong here, but I believe it’s an old wooden ship used in the civil war era…

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dawg Tired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hancock Co. MS
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    154085
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Well I could be wrong here, but I believe it’s an old wooden ship used in the civil war era…
    Well done Mr. Burgandy.

  15. #15
    Senior Member beerfarley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    544
    vCash
    3700
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
    Well done Mr. Burgandy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.