Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ole Ball Coach is an MSU Fan

vCash

The Ole Ball Coach is an MSU Fan

Former Heisman winner Steve Spurrier says Mississippi State QB Will Rogers has his Heisman vote at moment. "He's a beautiful passer." ..

Last edited by dawgday166; 11-23-2021 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    Very cool!

vCash
    Will is his pick for Heisman too. Picture turned out much larger than I wanted but I ain't gonna take time to change it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Will is his pick for Heisman too. Picture turned out much larger than I wanted but I ain't gonna take time to change it.
    Wills definitely climbing in folks eyes and earning respect. He plays well Thursday and in bowl gane he'll be top 5 in heisman for next year. May even get some votes this year.

vCash
    Didnt LT hire Felker over Spurrier?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Didnt LT hire Felker over Spurrier?
    No

vCash
    That is really cool! Spurrier Sr. definitely understands passing offenses and how to relate to QB?s.

vCash
    Thats nice of him. Wonder how he feels about Jerious Norwood and 3rd and 57. Even though he beat the crap out of us the next time we played,

vCash
    One of a kind!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Thats nice of him. Wonder how he feels about Jerious Norwood and 3rd and 57. Even though he beat the crap out of us the next time we played,
    Probably not much since Zook was the HC at UF when Norwood was playing
    Now 3 and 57... that's a different story

vCash
    I can?t believe he wanted to come to MSU and we passed on him. Our program could be completely different. This is, IMO, the biggest miss in MSU football history. Even over Cam.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Speaking of that game, I actually laughed my ass off at the very end. For those that don't remember, it was 52-0. Florida took their final knee to end the game. Spurrier pulled off his headset, handed it to an assistant and started to jog onto the field. With 0:06 left and the clock running, Jackie leaned over to the Line Judge and called timeout making Spurrier run back to the sideline and snap it one more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I can?t believe he wanted to come to MSU and we passed on him. Our program could be completely different. This is, IMO, the biggest miss in MSU football history. Even over Cam.
    Wouldn’t have made much difference. He spent 2 or 3 years at Duke and left for Florida. Same thing would’ve happened here.

vCash
    Maybe. I was a bit too young to recall or care about too much of it. Were we considered the same level job as Duke back then? I guess UF is home for him, so if they came calling, but I still wonder how different the trajectory would?ve been if we went down that road even for just a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    Maybe. I was a bit too young to recall or care about too much of it. Were we considered the same level job as Duke back then? I guess UF is home for him, so if they came calling, but I still wonder how different the trajectory would?ve been if we went down that road even for just a few years.
    No Duke was really bad. They were the only Team which even considered him. He always gave Duke his vote

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Speaking of that game, I actually laughed my ass off at the very end. For those that don't remember, it was 52-0. Florida took their final knee to end the game. Spurrier pulled off his headset, handed it to an assistant and started to jog onto the field. With 0:06 left and the clock running, Jackie leaned over to the Line Judge and called timeout making Spurrier run back to the sideline and snap it one more time.
    The year prior to 0-52, MSU fans stormed the field and the UF equipment manager was allegedly roughed up by our fans. It was 2000 and the final score was 45-35.

I think Spurrier also dunked on the "Who Let the Dogs Out" chant, by saying "Who Shut the Dogs Out"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    The year prior to 0-52, MSU fans stormed the field and the UF equipment manager was allegedly roughed up by our fans. It was 2000 and the final score was 45-35.

I think Spurrier also dunked on the "Who Let the Dogs Out" chant, by saying "Who Shut the Dogs Out"
    😂 I don?t care what anyone says, I love Steve Spurrier

vCash
    I remember that old EF Hutton commercial. When EF Hutton talks people listen and when Steve Spurrier talks about the Florida Football program, any changes needed, etc. the appropriate people listen.

I like Steve Spurrier too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

47-35 😉

Banned
    vCash
    This is awesome. Always liked his passion and the verbal trashing he gave Tennessee during my stint in Memphis.