Thread: On PED?s/Steroids at Ole Miss

vCash

On PED?s/Steroids at Ole Miss

In the military, if, on a random drug screen, a soldier tested positive for drugs, the entire company would then be tested. This was done to ascertain if the drug use in said company was isolated to one soldier or there was a larger problem.
    Is this how the NCAA operates? If so.......

vCash
    Usually we were tested for everything on Monday morning at 0530 when we arrived for duty. There was the telling sign of MPs stationed at the Barracks door. This was usually the weekend of a concert. Test 200 to get the 6 known druggies.

vCash
    I heard just a bit ago that the kicker was caught with adderral without a prescription. Brain performance enhancing drug. I hear this is fairly rampant amongst college students as a study drug. I guess we will see what becomes of it.

vCash
    They?re saying 1 yr suspension

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I heard just a bit ago that the kicker was caught with adderral without a prescription. Brain performance enhancing drug. I hear this is fairly rampant amongst college students as a study drug. I guess we will see what becomes of it.
    Adderall and Vyvanse are passed around like candy on college campuses. Some use it to study. Some use it to party.
    Both are schedule 2 drugs and taken seriously by college and pro sports teams.
    I think it?s a 10 game suspension in the NFL and a 25 game suspension in the MLB.

vCash
    The amount of kids taking it at my kids HS is stunning....

If you see a girl drop 20 lbs that didnt need to drop 20 lbs watch her ACT go up to 30 pretty quickly.

vCash
    Wait a minute, there is a drug that makes me lose weight and all the while I get smarter? Where do I sign up and honestly they need to put that shit in the water supply because I’m surrounded by fat stupid people.

vCash
    😂 like button push👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼
    It?s legalized amphetamine. It?s actually one of the easiest scripts to get. I?m kind of shocked he didn?t go the right route. It?s used for ADHD and anxiety a lot of time. I think there will be societal fallout over it in the future.
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 11-24-2021 at 09:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Adderall and Vyvanse are passed around like candy on college campuses. Some use it to study. Some use it to party.
    I think it?s a 10 game suspension in the NFL and a 25 game suspension in the MLB.
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tibbons View Post
    Pre 1990's there was dexedrine and a few others. The chemical composition is similar to adderall and was was used routinely (not sure about prevalence) by professional athletes - baseball, cycling, nfl. If anyone hasn't seen North Dallas Forty, do yourself a favor. Excellent movie.

vCash
    North Dallas Forty? Noted. It looks to be on Amazon Prime for free. I?ll try to scope it out
    Last edited by Dak Holliday; 11-24-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I?m sorry but if it indeed is adderall a 1 year suspension is ridiculous and counting that as performance enhancing is just stupid. What an antiquated rule.

vCash
    As someone that used to take Aderall, it's not what most of you think. It doesn't help performance as much as the talk says. The side effects are horrendous! Got a friend who it was prescribed to and it almost killed him. Seen athletes almost die from it. It's legalized meth.
    Funny how politicians will lock down allergy meds and stop marijuana legalization but allow this shit.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    As someone that used to take Aderall, it's not what most of you think. It doesn't help performance as much as the talk says. The side effects are horrendous! Got a friend who it was prescribed to and it almost killed him. Seen athletes almost die from it. It's legalized meth.
    Funny how politicians will lock down allergy meds and stop marijuana legalization but allow this shit.
    I have never in my life heard of an athlete using adderall to perform on the field better. The most logical explanation is that he used it to party or to study for an exam. I see very little reason to take diet meth on a football field unless you want your heart to explode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I have never in my life heard of an athlete using adderall to perform on the field better. The most logical explanation is that he used it to party or to study for an exam. I see very little reason to take diet meth on a football field unless you want your heart to explode.
    Exactly, but it's addictive and gets out of control. People become dependent on it for everything because it amps them up.

vCash
    Agree. Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I was not aware of this adderal stuff you mentioned. Good information thank you. The war on weed is just another example of those in power not having society's best interests in mind.

vCash
    North Dallas Forty? Noted. It looks to be on Amazon Prime for free. I?ll try to scope it out
    Will be curious what ya think. Prime Nolte and Mac Davis play a wide receiver and QB trying to stay in the league and competitive just a little bit longer while taking and drinking things to help with the pain and the party.

vCash
    And that was written about the 1960s cowboys.