Thread: Highest ranked om team coming to Davis Wade.

vCash

Highest ranked om team coming to Davis Wade.

om coming in at #8 in the country this week. What is the highest ranked om team to come to Davis Wade? Other than Bama, what were the highest ranked teams to come to Davis Wade in the modern era and lose? I think LSU was #4 in the first night game at the stadium in a John Bond frigid classic. Dogs beat Jim Kelly and Miami canes in a heart stopper. Thoughts?
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-22-2021 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    om coming in at #8 in the country this week. What is the highest ranked om team to come to Davis Wade? Other than Bama, what were the highest ranked teams to come to Davis Wade in the modern era and lose? I think LSU was #4 in the first night game at the stadium in a John Bond frigid classic.
    Delete

vCash
    #2 Auburn in '14 was the highest ranked team to go down on Scott Field

vCash
    This would be the highest ranked OM team to come to DW in the modern era. They also finished 8th when Archie Manning was a Jr. (pretty sure that game was in Jackson). Now if you go back to the Vaught years then they were rated in the top ten fairly often.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 11-22-2021 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Jim Kelly and Miami lost but don’t remember the rank or year. Just an incredible game, Cooks on defense was a monster.

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Looks like the highest ranked Ole Miss team to ever play at Scott Field was #2 in 1959.
    The highest ranked OM team to lose was #11 in 1940.

We did Tie #3 Ole Miss in 1963 - so we've got that going for us....

The Miami game was 1981, which saw #16 MSU beat #13 Miami.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 11-23-2021 at 07:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    #2 Auburn in '14 was the highest ranked team to go down on Scott Field
    wasn't that a tie with a #2 ranked Steve Spurrier lead Florida Team ... can't remember the year
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I think 2015 they were only #18 but that was a buzzsaw that went straight through Davis Wade.

vCash
    NUMBER 4 TAMU came to dws and took a big ass L during Fitz last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I think 2015 they were only #18 but that was a buzzsaw that went straight through Davis Wade.
    That 2015 team was much better than their team this year, especially the defense. What's crazy is that Ole Miss averages 30.7 points a game and gives up 29 points a game in SEC play. You'd think an SEC team with as little difference between their offensive output and points given up would have at best a 4-4 record in conference play. In comparison, we score 29.6 points/SEC game and give up 26.7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    wasn't that a tie with a #2 ranked Steve Spurrier lead Florida Team ... can't remember the year
    Spurrier's '92 team was #13 - the Shane Matthews was too good for any MS schools so we destroyed him game
    The '00 team was #3 - the 3rd and 57 game

I'm using the AP Poll for reference.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Some people need reading comprehension. The OP is only talking about Ole Miss being at their highest rank. Not the overall teams coming in ranked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    Some people need reading comprehension. The OP is only talking about Ole Miss being at their highest rank. Not the overall teams coming in ranked.
    om coming in at #8 in the country this week. What is the highest ranked om team to come to Davis Wade? Other than Bama, what were the highest ranked teams to come to Davis Wade in the modern era and lose? I think LSU was #4 in the first night game at the stadium in a John Bond frigid classic. Dogs beat Jim Kelly and Miami canes in a heart stopper. Thoughts?
    No offense Fader21 - the OP specifically asks about other teams in addition to OM and Bama. Even goes on to give examples from LSU and Miami. So, I'm pretty sure we aren't the ones with the comprehension problem.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Jim Kelly and Miami lost but don’t remember the rank or year. Just an incredible game, Cooks on defense was a monster.
    Was there. Kelly almost got nailed by Cooks on one play but he ran out of bounds and used the fence to help brace his stop. I was right in his face on the other side and yelled "YOU'RE LUCKY!!".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    You are correct. Some People* need reading comprehension.

some people* = Fader21