Nick Saban Alabama
    Hugh Freeze Auburn
    Urban Meyer LSU
    Jimbo Fisher A&M
    MR. JukeBox at arky

That is a media's wet dream

vCash
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...462622722?s=20

Thamel: Rhett Lashley is current fav to replace Sonny Dykes at SMU. Lashley is currently OC at Miami.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...462622722?s=20

Thamel: Rhett Lashley is current fav to replace Sonny Dykes at SMU. Lashley is currently OC at Miami.
    Outright strange hire if so

vCash
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...ct_penn_state/

Franklin signs 10 year deal with Penn State. So much for USC.

vCash
    Urban ain't gonna coach in SECW. Too much stress in that for him.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Outright strange hire if so
    Ehhh. He coached there as OC before. Has connections. I just think Briles makes perfect sense there but he could be waiting for a better job and get it in Auburn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Ehhh. He coached there as OC before. Has connections. I just think Briles makes perfect sense there but he could be waiting for a better job and get it in Auburn.
    If Harsin goes to Washington the Auburn opening may become a hostile affair. Briles leaving Arkansas is going to make them take a step back on offense. Briles is a good play caller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    Perfect GIF for ole Bert. At first you wanna believe and then you realize who's making the predictions! And then they look look really funny. Lolz!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If Harsin goes to Washington the Auburn opening may become a hostile affair. Briles leaving Arkansas is going to make them take a step back on offense. Briles is a good play caller.
    Maybe I lost the trend to this story but I thought Wazzou coach resigned due to vax mandate. And I thought Harsin is unvaxxed and won't get vaxxed. I may be way off on this story tho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Stare View Post
    Napier is LSU bound.
    Ok, so now we know where Napier WON'T be next year.

vCash
    Franklin staying at Penn State. 10 year extension, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgday166 View Post
    Maybe I lost the trend to this story but I thought Wazzou coach resigned due to vax mandate. And I thought Harsin is unvaxxed and won't get vaxxed. I may be way off on this story tho.
    That was Wash State?s coach. Jimmy Lake at Washington was fired over striking a player. But still in the state with a vax mandate. Could get interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    Mullen out/Napier in is a pretty big downgrade, at least in terms of cv. Credit to Napier if it happens because he played his situation beautifully, but beating up on the Sun Belt and recruiting and competing with UGA, Bama, Florida State et al is a massive jump. They would be looking for a new coach again in 3 years.

Arands to LSU makes sense, it would really matter who his offensive coordinator is. Another unproven commodity at a big, demanding program.

I think Lane heads to Miami. He will believe he can breathe new life into that program and the lifestyle fits like a glove.

To me, Stoops or Bill O Brien makes more sense to either LSU or UF but I hope they overlook those candidates for some reason.

Another one to watch is Arkansas OC Kendal Briles getting a chance somewhere like a Sun belt school or something. That would put Arkansas in a tough spot of having to recruit a coordinator to fit a certain style and personnel. That can be tricky business.
    Other big jobs are going to open, this is going to be a crazy offseason.
    I am just asking, why do so many ED folks think Miami and Kiffin are a pair?

Miami has no money for football. They get a check from the ACC, but that's all Title IX money. They have no stadium, no fans, and the biggest "alumn" for football is Luther Campbell. South Florida residents will tell you that Miami is a Pro-Sports town that is Northeastern in Character.

Also, Miami and South Florida does not really look to the SEC. To Miami, the NFL assistant coach pool is more ideal and desired.

Miami hires coaches like Al Golden from Temple for $400K per season. They are probably looking at a TE coach in Oklahoma. Or a current Special Teams coach with the Miami Dolphins, they can save on the Relocation Package. They are not going to punch up for an SEC coach. I bet Joe Moorehead is more a candidate than Kiffin, if JM is willing to coach for $500K per season.

It will be fun to see what happens. Will they splurge their ACC payout to be good in football again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I am just asking, why do so many ED folks think Miami and Kiffin are a pair?

Miami has no money for football. They get a check from the ACC, but that's all Title IX money. They have no stadium, no fans, and the biggest "alumn" for football is Luther Campbell. South Florida residents will tell you that Miami is a Pro-Sports town that is Northeastern in Character.

Also, Miami and South Florida does not really look to the SEC. To Miami, the NFL assistant coach pool is more ideal and desired.

Miami hires coaches like Al Golden from Temple for $400K per season. They are probably looking at a TE coach in Oklahoma. Or a current Special Teams coach with the Miami Dolphins, they can save on the Relocation Package. They are not going to punch up for an SEC coach. I bet Joe Moorehead is more a candidate than Kiffin, if JM is willing to coach for $500K per season.

It will be fun to see what happens. Will they splurge their ACC payout to be good in football again?
    Manny is making $3,500,000 per year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Manny is making $3,500,000 per year.
    Huge for them and possibly not exactly accurate, but still bottom quarter of SEC pay. They paid Mark Richt about 3. I'm not saying they can't pay, why Miami wrecks football is a basically an annual editorial topic at the Miami Herald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Huge for them and possibly not exactly accurate, but still bottom quarter of SEC pay. They paid Mark Richt about 3. I'm not saying they can't pay, why Miami wrecks football is a basically an annual editorial topic at the Miami Herald.
    Well apparently they are majorly increasing their football spending.

I heard that they can pay around 5-6 million for a coach now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Can't imagine an AD taking that chance because when Freeze screws up they both lose their job.
    Most ADs don't make football coaching hires...