Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
Mullen out/Napier in is a pretty big downgrade, at least in terms of cv. Credit to Napier if it happens because he played his situation beautifully, but beating up on the Sun Belt and recruiting and competing with UGA, Bama, Florida State et al is a massive jump. They would be looking for a new coach again in 3 years.

Arands to LSU makes sense, it would really matter who his offensive coordinator is. Another unproven commodity at a big, demanding program.

I think Lane heads to Miami. He will believe he can breathe new life into that program and the lifestyle fits like a glove.

To me, Stoops or Bill O Brien makes more sense to either LSU or UF but I hope they overlook those candidates for some reason.

Another one to watch is Arkansas OC Kendal Briles getting a chance somewhere like a Sun belt school or something. That would put Arkansas in a tough spot of having to recruit a coordinator to fit a certain style and personnel. That can be tricky business.
Other big jobs are going to open, this is going to be a crazy offseason.
Miami might not be open.

That's the problem with getting a CEO type of coach. We thought Coach orgy had it figured out but they couldn't even pay the coordinators enough to stay among other reasons such as wanting to be a HC.

Also we might be in trouble when Arnette leaves. Who can run our defense?