Thread: Malik Heath

vCash

Malik Heath

What are the chances he comes back as a super senior? Does he have the ability to do that? The reason I ask is because he seems to finally be realizing the natural talent he has. He's big, strong, and really fast.

Steve Robertson already said Austin Williams plans to come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    What are the chances he comes back as a super senior? Does he have the ability to do that? The reason I ask is because he seems to finally be realizing the natural talent he has. He's big, strong, and really fast.

Steve Robertson already said Austin Williams plans to come back.
    He has another year... I wish he would use it just for his sake. I'm still having PTSD over Bear

vCash
    I agree, he needs to come back for one more year because right now I do not think he gets drafted but if he comes back next year he could be drafted easily

vCash
    “Bear” Wilson approves this message.....
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-23-2021 at 06:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I agree, he needs to come back for one more year because right now I do not think he gets drafted but if he comes back next year he could be drafted easily
    Agreed

vCash
    He needs to come back so bad! He would be so good for us if he has actually turned the corner.

vCash
    I think he should come back because I think it will give him a better chance of being drafted higher by the NFL.

vCash
    And I'll add we've had too many football players make poor decisions because they "wanted to move on". Really shouldn't happen anymore with the NIL. No reason to just jump as soon as possible to try to provide for your family and cost yourself millions.

vCash
    d
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-23-2021 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    If he is going to play next year like he has for the last 7 quarters he needs to come back to vastly improve his draft stock/

vCash
    Heath has the measurables. If he comes back next year, he could find the numbers necessary to catch attention and a much higher draft grade. I can?t imagine ever leaving early unless it for health or a high draft grade.

vCash
    I just hope he is given good advice by those around him. He needs to return and continue to improve, as stated, he has the physical tools and just needs to work on the finer points of his game.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Every kid just doesn't want to continue playing school. That's the part many fans don't take into consideration in these equations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Every kid just doesn't want to continue playing school. That's the part many fans don't take into consideration in these equations.
    If he can improve his chances of playing in the NFL or improve the round he is chosen in, by coming back one year, he would be an idiot to not return. Today's culture of immediate returns or put in other words, being short sighted, is killing these people. You have to have a longer term view of life if you are going to be productive and live the life you dream of.

Rome was not built in a day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And I'll add we've had too many football players make poor decisions because they "wanted to move on". Really shouldn't happen anymore with the NIL. No reason to just jump as soon as possible to try to provide for your family and cost yourself millions.
    We have way too many fans that support players moving on. It's really weird
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If they aren't willing to play school one more year in an effort to drastically boost their NFL stock, then that's a concern if I'm an NFL team. It shows they aren't all in.

The absolute logical thing to do is to return to MSU & boost his stock unless he can't for some reason. I know some older players have had trouble getting into grad school & things like that. I have no clue if Heath is in that situation

The good news is that we've got credible adults in the Seal building now & I have no doubt that our players will get better advice than they ever have.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    He has another year... I wish he would use it just for his sake. I'm still having PTSD over Bear
    Me too on Bear. What a sad deal. I was convinced he had NFL talent. Dude blocked too.

vCash
    Malik is just now turning the corner and working and listening to his coaches. It?s young men like Malik that I worry about when they go back home and listen to the wrong people that lead to bad choices??.

vCash
    Certainly college fans (who are largely college graduates) don't see another year of school as a big sacrifice, but I don't think that's the reason that playing another year in college and getting drafted seems like a better option than the undrafted free agent route.

Of course there's no guarantee that Heath will get drafted if he comes back, but it seems like if he's really got his head on straight now, and with his measurables, he would have a good chance. Maybe if he shows out in the Egg Bowl and bowl game, that plus his measurables will be enough to convince scouts he's a good risk already.