Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Genius?

vCash

Genius?

If Billy Napier ends up at UF or another top job, does he look like a genius for staying where he was while being adored for seeming loyal and getting what he wanted without settling for a good job like MSU or OM and face criticism of our expectations while being too tied up to be considered for a top job?

vCash
    If he ends up at UF, Stricklin won't be far behind Dan IMO.

vCash
    He woulda walked in a great spot for us in 2018. He might be at a blueblood this season if he took our job in 2018. I feel confident he woulda took us to a NY6 game

ETA... I'm an idiot. He wasn't in consideration in 2018 at all.
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-22-2021 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    I can't read Napier. I don't know if he's been holding out for a big job, or if he's really just happy where he's at.

If this coaching change cycle passes and he's still at ULL, I think we'll have our answer.

vCash
    Agree. I felt it was arrogance the way he acted when approached before, and that he?d lose his window, but it?s looking like he bet on him and has won, if he wants to move.

vCash
    I still think proven ace recruiter is going to be a top criterion for their next guy after dealing with Mullen, so I doubt they have a ton of interest in Napier. Same reason I have a hard time believing Kiffin is near the top of their board.

vCash
    Finbaum.... I know.... but he said something that I've not heard mentioned. He basically said Napier's agent is putting his name out there for these jobs. Finbaum isn't so sure Napier is a top canidate at most of these jobs that he is named.

Edit to add: Sexton is Napier's agent.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-22-2021 at 04:21 PM.

vCash
    I was sent a text to earlier saying SS is in Lafayette today on the UF private jet.

vCash
    puck finebaum. I never watch his show and just reading what others say is plenty.

vCash
    😂 😂😂😂
    Like button push 👆🏼👆🏼👆🏼

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I still think proven ace recruiter is going to be a top criterion for their next guy
    Well that narrows the pool of candidates tremendously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Well that narrows the pool of candidates tremendously.
    I don't necessarily think it'll happen for them, I just think it'll take them a minute to open their list up to a guy like Napier.

vCash
    I am not saying that he is going to be all world in recruited at Florida. but the past 4 years he has had the Cajuns number 1 in the sunbelt per 247. I think he would have them at a sustained 9-3 team, and if Florida can give him the support and time he could raise that over the next decade to be 10 win 11 win team if he just doesn't crap the bed in recruiting, I mean Mullen recruited like mullen and he averaged like 11th nationally, if billy can just put an hour more work in than Dan did he will move that needle down to top ten easy.

vCash
    I tend to agree. I just am shocked at how he wouldn?t give us or OM the time of day and can go straight to a top job. To me, it?s kinda genius. Almost like he knew something we didn?t.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I was sent a text to earlier saying SS is in Lafayette today on the UF private jet.
    Fake news

vCash
    I seriously doubt Florida will hire Napier. I don't think he's a fit there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Fake news
    I?m sure not everyone is as tied in as you, Queef, but that?s what I was texted. We shall see if it holds any validity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    I never watch his show .
    Me neither. He was on the espn college football podcast.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dak Holliday View Post
    I tend to agree. I just am shocked at how he wouldn?t give us or OM the time of day and can go straight to a top job. To me, it?s kinda genius. Almost like he knew something we didn?t.
    Go kill yourself.

vCash
    Resume' wise...Napier should be ready for a P5 job, but probably not top tier. He might be good for TCU or even Va Tech.