Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can 78 block 7?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    This is 78's coming out party. Everything clicks this week, when he wants to block he can. He played really well the second half of Auburn and has done well in other games, if he can put his crap together this game, not saying it will be easy for him. But, dang you don't get the grade he got coming out of high school for no reason. I do think we give him some help, but, overall he holds his own.
    Except in the Auburn game when Auburn's no. 99 blew right past him and clobbered Rogers. Fortunately, he was called for targeting and got thrown out of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They're talking about the only POTENTIAL issue our offense faces this Thursday.
    Don't mind me, man. Please continue with the hand wringing about a "potential" problem against an OL that has gotten better and better every week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Don't mind me, man. Please continue with the hand wringing about a "potential" problem against an OL that has gotten better and better every week.
    What's your score prediction? Obviously you think we won't be challenged at all.

I think it's gonna be 42-38 one way or the other, really good game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    we have all seen what Rogers can do with time to operate back there and we have also seen what happens when he doesn't .... Like 7 said - it's a fair question
    Y'all act like Will and the OL haven't faced guys like Sam Williams already. We gonna be okay.

vCash
    What's your score prediction? Obviously you think we won't be challenged at all.

I think it's gonna be 42-38 one way or the other, really good game
    I'm sorry that I won't participate in your early pity party.

I've never said we won't be challenged. Have you not watched a game?

We are ****ing challenged every game!

vCash
    I'm sorry that I won't participate in your early pity party.

I've never said we won't be challenged. Have you not watched a game?

We are ****ing challenged every game!
    Well you seem to be mad bc someone questioned blocking a great pass rusher.

vCash
    Well you seem to be mad bc someone questioned blocking a great pass rusher.
    He's not the only "great pass rusher" we've come across.

Let me just say I'm not as worried as some y'all seem to be.

vCash
    Two of my biggest concerns:

1. Our D leaving the middle of the field open
    2. Will holding the ball too long

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I hate the sharks so bad, I?m always a pessimist when playing them. Why is that? Is it that I don?t want to be disappointed so I keep expectations low? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    Two of my biggest concerns:

1. Our D leaving the middle of the field open
    2. Will holding the ball too long
    66 on sps brought up their ability to strip the ball. I looked it up, and they're #1 in sec at forced fumbles. Gotta hang on to ball

vCash
    66 on sps brought up their ability to strip the ball. I looked it up, and they're #1 in sec at forced fumbles. Gotta hang on to ball
    Now THAT worries me more. I really think we can handle Williams but causing turnovers from strips could seriously change the game. I want some sustained drives and Corral on the sideline thinking about the NFL.

vCash
    Now THAT worries me more. I really think we can handle Williams but causing turnovers from strips could seriously change the game. I want some sustained drives and Corral on the sideline thinking about the NFL.
    Both teams are gonna score a ton. The game will be decided by a TO, 4th down stop, or ST play imo

vCash
    Both teams are gonna score a ton. The game will be decided by a TO, 4th down stop, or ST play imo
    If we stop Kiffin on one of his infamous 4th down plays to win the game I'll laugh my ass off.

vCash
    If we stop Kiffin on one of his infamous 4th down plays to win the game I'll laugh my ass off.
    He goes entirely too much. He let us hang around last year bc he kept going for it on 4th

vCash
    Trap, why you got to be such a control freak? Can people not have a discussion about a legit issue in upcoming game?

Another question is if we are getting sacked what does Leach do? So far, same ole, same ole. Got to chip block with RB. We did nothing on Bama.

vCash
    Williams is definitely a concern.
    Another concern to me is that Kentucky had success with calling out or clapping our snap count and the Egg Bowl is our first meaningful home game since then so I would think Ole Miss would also try it.

vCash
    57 will help a lot in blocking. Dude has been on a tear lately. Ball control will decide this game. If we can hold onto it long enough and keep their offense off the field, we'll be good. They will get their quick strikes, but we have to control the tempo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Trap, why you got to be such a control freak? Can people not have a discussion about a legit issue in upcoming game?

Another question is if we are getting sacked what does Leach do? So far, same ole, same ole. Got to chip block with RB. We did nothing on Bama.
    My apologies R2. I get a little triggered some times. But, we've come a long way since Bama.

vCash
    This is a legitimate concern. We just watched Dak get destroyed by one guy. Especially with our splits in no TEs this is an area of concern

vCash
    No this thread about people finding something else to bitch about. And as usual you're right in the middle with your pessimism.
    Will Anderson destroyed our offense nearly by himself. It's a valid concern.