Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiffin rumor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyPirate View Post
    You guys don’t know Kiffin. Of course if he’s offered the Florida job with the right amount of $$$ he is gone.

UF job > ole miss
    Bingo.

Kiffin will be the next head coach of Florida if he's offered the job.

vCash
    I don't think Kiffin is a good enough recruiter to coach a blue blood.

Better fit at Miami

I don't think Florida makes much progress in recruiting under Kiffin
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't think Kiffin is a good enough recruiter to coach a blue blood.

Better fit at Miami

I don't think Florida makes much progress in recruiting under Kiffin
    I think he'd be a better fit at Miami too, but it looks like Manny may get another year. Part of that is Miami doesn't want to be coach shopping at the same time as Florida. Then again just like our Joe Moorhead Saga the powers that be at Miami might decide to pull the trigger anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I think he'd be a better fit at Miami too, but it looks like Manny may get another year. Part of that is Miami doesn't want to be coach shopping at the same time as Florida. Then again just like our Joe Moorhead Saga the powers that be at Miami might decide to pull the trigger anyway.
    I have heard the rumor that Miami AD has been in contact with Kiffin personally about the job but that is a RUMOR, so you never know lol don't believe anything until it happens.

But I would be shocked if Kiffin was the head coach at Ole Miss next year with the amount of jobs open and the jobs that will be open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PikeDawg15 View Post
    I have heard the rumor that Miami AD has been in contact with Kiffin personally about the job but that is a RUMOR, so you never know lol don't believe anything until it happens.

But I would be shocked if Kiffin was the head coach at Ole Miss next year with the amount of jobs open and the jobs that will be open
    The former AD for FAU is up for that spot. He and Kiffin are still good friends. I would not be surprised if his selling point is "I can bring Miami Lane Kiffin."

Things are going to get very interesting after this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Kiffin to UF would be hilarious, but not necessarily a good thing for us. Lebby would be promoted and they would barely miss a beat offensively. He's a very good offensive mind.
    What makes you think Lebo doesn't go with Kiffin?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    The fact that being the HC for OM > being the OC at Florida or wherever Kiffin goes

vCash
    A couple of my good friends are Ole Miss fans, and they are convinced LK is leaving. The angst among Ole Miss fans, according to them, is palpable. Of most concern to them is the negative impact this situation is having on recruiting. If LK is going to stay at Ole Miss, it would be prudent for him to issue a definitive statement saying so, or recruiting will implode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn’t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won’t be with him next year. You can mark that down…

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I’m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain’t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He’s a giant douche, but he can play…

I don’t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain’t looking good for them…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    Coaches also think different from regular folks because their pay is structured different. If someone offered me a job paying crazy money AND I knew that if I got fired from that job in a couple years, I would still get several years salary and have other opportunities after I'm all in. In normal world when you get fired, you run on savings until you find your next job and that is the mindset we think in.

Example: If a person made $80k per year and was offered a job making $100k per year and was guaranteed $250k if you got fired, would said person be afraid to take the risk? Would it really matter to said person why the last guy got fired?
    People are also forgetting Florida has no state income tax and two they can sign a coach beyond four years me making a potential buyout down the line so much more

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Kiffin and Lebby hate each other. Lebby tried to leave earlier this year, but it was too late to start over. Kiffin fored an O-line coach and didn’t tell Lebby and ever since then, it has been bad blood. Whether Kiffin goes or stays, Lebby won’t be with him next year. You can mark that down…

Now if Kiffin goes, Ole Miss better hire Lebby, but I’m not sure they would. They are Ole Miss. they will try to fight with UF and LSU and get the top name, and we all know how that will turn out.

For that matter, Lebby ain’t the one making their offense run. Neither is Kiffin for that matter. Corrall is the one making it gin. They loose him, they are done. As much as I hate to say it, dude can play. He’s a giant douche, but he can play…

I don’t care who their coach is next year, they are gonna have a HUGE drop off in talent. If Kiffin is smart, he jumps this year cause next year ain’t looking good for them…
    Did you forget about Matt Luke?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphus Raymond View Post
    A couple of my good friends are Ole Miss fans, and they are convinced LK is leaving. The angst among Ole Miss fans, according to them, is palpable. Of most concern to them is the negative impact this situation is having on recruiting. If LK is going to stay at Ole Miss, it would be prudent for him to issue a definitive statement saying so, or recruiting will implode.
    Didn't Mullen say he wasn't leaving and left soon after?
    And on top of that it caught the one time he actually came out and said he wasn't leaving.

vCash
    The funny thing is that Ole Miss is getting Mullen Karma. If Kiffin stays the job opening will be an issue every single season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    The funny thing is that Ole Miss is getting Mullen Karma. If Kiffin stays the job opening will be an issue every single season.
    Yup, I hope they enjoy the ride.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

took the words out of my mouth

Corral is a douche but the dude is a damn good football player and has carried the team on his back the whole season, he single handedly rushed for almost 200 yards and single handedly won them the Tennessee game, they are 9-2 right now and if they didn't have corral and altmeyer was QB, good lord they'd be 4-7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Didn't Mullen say he wasn't leaving and left soon after?
    And on top of that it caught the one time he actually came out and said he wasn't leaving.
    Pretty sure around egg bowl 2017 he said he would be the coach at Mississippi State next year in a press conference then not 7 days later he was announced as Florida's head coach.

Nick Saban also said he would never be the head coach at Alabama.

If I'm kiffin this is the perfect time to lock up 8 million per year from TSUN because he is a cult of personality in that town and the boosters will let him **** their wives and daughters all he wants.

But he wont, he will be headed to the state of Florida before Christmas to celebrate FLIPMAS

Ole miss will be in a terrible spot with all the coaching turnover and will have to end up taking Lebby as head coach because with all the turnover they not getting clawson or napier ( napier already told them no pretty sure)

Once these big jobs get taken then other big jobs will open like Penn state.

vCash
    Speculation:

It is in the realm of possibility Lane’s people were contacted by Florida’s people before Mullen was fired and Miami is a smokescreen. Use Miami smokescreen to see what OM will bring to the table to keep him and use that with Florida. The one certainty is Lane is a about to get paid.

vCash
    I think it would be really stupid for Florida to actually hire Lane. Unless Lane actually sees Florida as his destination job and there is no way of knowing that. Also, Lane isn't a recruiter, that is the sole reason why Mullen isn't the coach right now, even if Mullen had slumped his way through the season if they had better talent the talent alone would have won him enough games to where they wouldn't have fired him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    This exactly, they have known which direction they were going to go for a few weeks now, Foley has to have been making back channel connections to gauge the interest of candidates after the last search blew up on them.
    Every coaching hire foley has made the last 15 years has been a disaster. Not sure why they would even let him in the room.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Every coaching hire foley has made the last 15 years has been a disaster. Not sure why they would even let him in the room.
    Because he is still the one making decisions at UF.