Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiffin rumor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about Kiffin leaving. I am not sold on Kiffin and I have never have been. He walked into a good situation with Corral and the offense inherited. I would be much more nervous if after kiffin leaves they hire Clawson or Chadwell. I don?t want them hiring a coach that does more with less on a yearly basis. Kiffin mainly wins because he has a talent advantage not because he?s a great coach
    I'm the same about Kiffin. I'm actually really surprised at how well he's done. I guess it's Corral at QB maybe, or maybe Kiffin is better than I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    I think it's all BS. Kiffin will be at OM for a while. He's already had the blue blood jobs. This is posturing for an even bigger raise.
    Yep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Yep
    Very possible. Why go to Florida with the recent track record with coaches they've had..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Very possible. Why go to Florida with the recent track record with coaches they've had..
    Because head coaches don't think like that. They all think they are smarter and better than the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Because head coaches don't think like that. They all think they are smarter and better than the rest.
    True, but a single moment of clarity is all it would take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    True, but a single moment of clarity is all it would take.
    I'm with you. It just hardly ever happens though.

vCash
    I think it's all BS. Kiffin will be at OM for a while. He's already had the blue blood jobs. This is posturing for an even bigger raise.
    I agree.

vCash
    Kiffin is all about his ego and his image.

Why would he not jump at the Florida job? Just look at his history.

And Florida better jump now because they might be having to fight Miami in a coaching search, plus they are already fighting USC and LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about Kiffin leaving. I am not sold on Kiffin and I have never have been. He walked into a good situation with Corral and the offense inherited. I would be much more nervous if after kiffin leaves they hire Clawson or Chadwell. I don?t want them hiring a coach that does more with less on a yearly basis. Kiffin mainly wins because he has a talent advantage not because he?s a great coach
    I agree but hiring a head coach is a gamble. Nothing is guaranteed. Look at the Moorhead hire. You also don't have consistency in recruiting. It hurts having coaching turnover.

vCash
    Yes just like how LSU and other blue bloods get 5* every year. Those guys think they'll go in and start/play early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I'd be beyond surprised if they fired Mullen after the problems they had with the last coaching search without having a coach or two ready to sign. Foley is not a dumb person
    This exactly, they have known which direction they were going to go for a few weeks now, Foley has to have been making back channel connections to gauge the interest of candidates after the last search blew up on them.

vCash
    Exactly. That’s the way competitive people think. Just like Leach thinks his air raid works anywhere. I figure most folks are the same way in their job. I know I am. I can go take the same job I have now, at another place, and turn them around where others have failed.

vCash
    You're talking about a guy that left TN after 1 year because he thought USC was a better job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    You're talking about a guy that left TN after 1 year because he thought USC was a better job.
    I feel more confident in kiffin leaving than I am about the egg bowl by a lot.

he is gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Kiffin has an ego, but it is not as big as it was before being canned on the tarmac at USC and then spending years at coaching rehab with Saban. He's got a good gig at OM and they're about to pay him 6 mil+ a year with a big buyout. I would be more surprised at him leaving than staying.

vCash
    Coaches also think different from regular folks because their pay is structured different. If someone offered me a job paying crazy money AND I knew that if I got fired from that job in a couple years, I would still get several years salary and have other opportunities after I'm all in. In normal world when you get fired, you run on savings until you find your next job and that is the mindset we think in.

Example: If a person made $80k per year and was offered a job making $100k per year and was guaranteed $250k if you got fired, would said person be afraid to take the risk? Would it really matter to said person why the last guy got fired?

vCash
    I’m think LK is a good coach. He reportedly was recently on the sideline watching Arch. It would not surprise me at all If he stayed, got a transfer qb for next year or two, then bring in the anointed one. Money is not an issue, not hard to come up with another faux class action lawsuit to pay for everybody and everything history shows. JMO.

vCash
    Kiffin is a good coach, he has won pretty much everywhere and he has the perfect demeanor and personality for the Gator job imo. His style is perfect with his ego and the Gator Nation ego.

It's a no brainer. I bet SS approves this message.

vCash
    You guys don’t know Kiffin. Of course if he’s offered the Florida job with the right amount of $$$ he is gone.

UF job > ole miss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Kiffin is a good coach, he has won pretty much everywhere and he has the perfect demeanor and personality for the Gator job imo. His style is perfect with his ego and the Gator Nation ego.

It's a no brainer. I bet SS approves this message.
    I think you're right. I think they've made contact through channels in order to fire Mullen when they did.